/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Social Media Edition

Elder Thread: >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/12/06/introducing-homestead
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/11/30/crown-store-showcase--november-30th-2016

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307930/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-11
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
pastebin.com/p6ju4fTx
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBh-v5dUwrQ7BxtvLSbESJtq
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBjnoGhKAtFGwT1lXV7FPg2T

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
tesorp.enjin.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4AUsq7P11lI&t=408s
deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-dps-build/#burning
deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-dps-build/#leveling
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/12/13/celebrate-the-new-life-festival?hootPostID=91a347ceaa5e1279bbfde1884fe65542
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>server down two days in a row
>first one seven hours
.this one around 4
Thanks ZOS

Anyone got a link to a good magplar dps build?

>NA only

kek

youtube.com/watch?v=4AUsq7P11lI&t=408s

I wonder what is most likely.

a. one half of identical servers is malfunctioning
b. the other half is having the same problem but they didn't notice

Armour no more than 10k
Always ask if they'll give it to you for free first, otherwise offer them money
If they're willing to sell it's because they don't need it, so if they ask for outrageous prices tell them to fuck off, they'll usually resign and accept your offer because any money is better than no money, unless they have someone else offering more
Jewelry and weapons are a different though, it can vary wildly on the seller's perception of the equipment's value

>I wish Skyrim

Is a magplar tank viable for pve?

Do you think the dwemers invented the accordion before they disappear?

called it

hamburger overflow on all servers

Should be able to do all content in the game except the veteran version of the Maw of Lorkhaj 12-man trial on Hard mode.

Thanks. I never sell BoP dg equip, always give away. But, in trials, things are different.

Fastest way to grind level on a new character?
Got first character to 40 but want to also level a second class.

Wait until tomorrow when the holiday event is live to get the XP boost, then go to Alik'r desert and farm dolmens.

>training trait on armor and jewelry slots
>psijic ambrosia from guild traders (you'll need provisioning passives for max gain)
>new life festival event (starts wednesday)
>eso+
>crown xp scroll
>party with one person (more than that lowers it overall): +10% XP (or +20% if married to them)

grind dolmens and dungeons with all that

>if married to them

That's kinda gay, user.

what class should i play if i want to play a magic warrior?

think kind of like fighter / mage from baldur's gate for example

NA server open for business

>provisioning passives
not same user, but:
why would you fucking do this to me, user.
why would you make me realize I need to level provisioning.
it's still sitting at 1 on this character, i just hate it so fucking much and don't know where to get recipes.
Server is up, I'll party up with you and grind mobs/dolmens today/tomorrow if you want, user.

I've not played balder's gate, but dk seems to fit the bill most closely

Buy everything. Recipes and mats.

>buy mats
>for provisioning
haha what the fuck are you on, user.

stamina or magicka dk?

I'm watching some videos and posting, my bad, don't mind.

?

You can find them everywhere you go. Barrels, boxes, backpacks, sacks. Every dungeon has them, they are all over the Tamriel overworld. If you craft stolen goods the result isn't stolen.

Recipes are found here and there, usually in the same locations as above, plus in chests and as loot. After a couple dungeons head to a campfire and make everything you can, then sell the potions you don't need. In my case I sell everything while leveling because the same places that contain mats and recipes also have tons of drinks lying around.

Is it up--

The PCEU server I mean, not that user from last thread's dick.

The PC EU server has been up this entire time, dipshit.

bump

>hit 50
>complete alliance and main story
now what
I already did the second alliance story with cadwell's silver, so I know I could do the third with cadwell's gold. But what do I do after that?

I'm planning to fill up the rest of my character slots. Currently, I have

>orc stamdk
>dunmer magsorc
>khajiit stamblade
>imperial stamplar
>argonian stamblade (planning to respec to mag)

Planned:
>nord stamsorc
>altmer magplar

However, I'm torn on making the last one either a breton or a dunmer magDK. On one hand, dunmer is clearly superior, and EP is my favorite area. On the other, I haven't made a breton yet, and this would be my fourth EP character as opposed to the 2-2 of the other factions.

How do you guys plan your alts?

don't be jealous, your dick can't be down all the time

I'm grinding cp160 then I'll farm gear from dungeons

cheers boss

two of each class, 50/50 male-female split, one magicka, one stamina
race according to what that character is intended for - PvE, PvP, fucking around
all in the same faction DC REPRESENT

female breton magblade dd - main
female bosmer stamblade dd - fucking around in cyro
male breton magdk dd - additional pledge and daily runs, fucking around
male redguard stamdk dd/tank - pvp/pve
female altmer magplar heal - pve
female imperial stamplar dd - pvp
male dunmer magsorc - pve
male stamsORC - pvp

I kinda wanna try out a redguard templar tank. Would that work out? I keep seeing templars being more inclined towards magicka, at one point even saw a magicka tank in light armor. But redguards are better for stam-builds, so I'm not sure if that would work.

I'm also thinking of an imperial 2h DK with a few ardent flame and earthen heart skills because I want to see if I can get some kind of fire-themed spellsword thing going. Mostly igneous weapons, flames of oblivion, and eruption, while going with weapon skills for the rest. Is stamina fine for this or will I be running out of magicka constantly?

Not going for optimal builds here, I just don't want to gimp myself and end up with stuff that are no fun.

>at one point even saw a magicka tank in light armor
I once saw a stamblade with a resto staff. that was pretty funny too.

>Is stamina fine for this or will I be running out of magicka constantly?
you will be running out of magicka constantly, but that's not even the only problem. damage scales from your max resource pool, so if you are running a stamina build, but using magicka abilities for damage, you are really fucking over your dps output

>Not going for optimal builds here, I just don't want to gimp myself
you either run an optimal build, or you are gimping yourself. question is, how far are you willing to gimp yourself?

>He didn't sell pumpkins for 2k each the first few hours during not-Halloween
Step it up sempai

anyone mind sharing a nice stam dk build to work with/towards as a lvl 30?

deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-dps-build/#burning

wops, wrong link
deltiasgaming.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-dps-build/#leveling

Can't wait for the New Life Festival to start this Thursday

That looks ridiculous.

>The New Life Festival kicks off this Thursday, December 15 at 10:00am EST. Before you can partake in the festivities, you'll need to track down Breda outside Windhelm for your first quest simply titled “The New Life Festival." Once you complete her requests, you'll have the opportunity to complete up to nine different daily quests, each themed for Tamriel's different races and located in their respective zones.

elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/12/13/celebrate-the-new-life-festival?hootPostID=91a347ceaa5e1279bbfde1884fe65542

Does /tesog/ accept drawfags and/or writefags in the thread? Not necessarily with name and tripcodes, just sharing artwork and writings and whatnot

Thinking of picking up drawing again sometime when I get my shit fixed, maybe take a few char requests, also thinking of writing stories of my own based on the quests.

Just wanna know if that'd be ok with you guys, sharing and all.

Much to do, pal.

PvP, Dungeons, and travel the world doing every single side quest (might wanna get the Destinations addon, if you're on PC).

>Does /tesog/ accept drawfags and/or writefags in the thread?
I'm fairly sure no one would be bothered.

It will probably be fine if you don't tripfag and don't overdo it.

Just try it and see what kind of reactions you get. If they're overly negative, you stop. Otherwise people probably don't have any problems with it.

A bit more activity is certainly welcome in this general though.

As a new player, what's the best / easiest way to get a full training set for even more extra xp during the new life festival?

ask in all your guilds, after you join like 3.
I'd offer to make a set since someone from the guild here did for me, but I barely have one type of set researched as of yet.

What's better for a magplar - High Elf or Dark Elf?

On one hand Dunmer have that fire resist for vampirism but Altmers have that sweet regen.

I'd like to roll EP but I have the upgrade.

Would a High Elf not feel out of place in EP?

Fengrush seems like a pretty serious dude.

Whats so good about Spear Shards and why every build online mention them and how good they are and must have and all?

I dont see anything spectacular about them - low damage (2k), stun when hit directly, takes time to fall from the sky and require mashing button for quicker cat, as its ground targeting.

The only pros I see is when running wiht group of people, where it servees as stamina batteries.

Just the helmet, really, but then again, I'm wearing a hood that somehow supports deer antlers right now.

Ask in chat. Should be pretty cheap.

One of the morphs gives St/Mag regen, plus Burning Light.

A high elf seems a bit out of place in EP but I'm sure you could head-canon a reason for it. MAybe they just hate Ayrenn that much, and DC won't be friendly to a fancy elf, so he's chilling with the Dunmer.

As to the mechanics, Altmer/Bretons IIRC are the best magplars outright. I think the bonuses they get even make them better healers than Argonians despite argonians having dedicated healer passives, in addition to Altmer just being better at DPS for magicka. So if you want to be the very best then go Altmer.

That said, fire damage is pretty fucking prolific and while I've never had a dunmer -vampire-, I definitely feel the hurt of it a lot less on a normal dunmer.

But its stam/mag regen only for party members, not for the user. While it is good in parties, I dont see how would it be useful in solo leveling builds.

I'm watching some autists roleplay inside a bar. I have no fucking idea what's happening.

When ever my friend finds some people RPing, he runs in and yells "WHERES THE TOILET?"

Im not sure whos worse.

user, just about anything works in a solo build. I went from level 20-40 on my first character going half in magicka and half in stam, using 2H weapons and staves in heavy armor. I went just about as full retard as you can go and it was still reasonably smooth.

When people recommend stuff and -especially- when they make builds, they're intended for group play. It's the place where your build actually matters.

that feelerino when none of the player houses will be a telvanni mushroom tower

leave them alone let them live their lives

I have atronach mundus stone on my healer and my tanker. If I use a crit set, like mother's sorrow or leviathan, to switch to dps during a trial, I can't even reach 50% crit.

Better give up crits and pick up something like burning spellweave to get spell/weapon damage instead or wait 30 days to craft TBS?

>housing being added
and so the downfall of eso begins

whats wrong with housing?

all the towns will be dead

No, they're autistic, they don't have lives.

You mean Crown Crates.

i doubt it, unless houses are linked to zone chat, contain banks, contain shrines, allow for direct travel to an outlaw's refuge etc

be nice theyre having fun with their online friends

Thank you for that. I wasn't reading that apparently Dunmers are better at raw dps as magplars but altmers are better at sustain and bretons as you said make good healers.

I'm thinking about god no Dunmer after all. Fire damage will be useful in PvE I suppose and as you said vampirism may get hurt less.

Since this is my first character if being a Dunmer won't hurt me maybe it's better for the sake of the story not to mess stuff up for my first time.

Still slightly conflicted because I'd like to meet n max and altmers seem the better choice since in pvp for example I would not b using a fire staff anyway.

>tfw no dwemer ruin house
Always my choice of home in a TES game.

Maybe they'll both come in later as the crown-only houses ZoS mentioned in their post about housing.

It didn't seem like they were having fun.

>dwemer ruin house

DO you want robots coming out of the wall and killing you?

you kill them all first, obviously

Honestly in PvP dunmer might suit you better. You'll still be fairly fucked when it comes to fire damage but the extra bit of survivability it gives you, combined with that DPS might let you kill them before you get incinerated.

Relatedly, NEVER EVER EVER stand in siege, especially as a vampire. All the basic siege is fire based. The highest tier siege is Coldfire, which is still fire based. You will die. You will die so hard.

>not reprogramming the robots to be your friends
C'mon user. That's the basics of setting up your home in a dwemer ruin.

I'm very sorry for the auto correct on my previous post. It made me sound like some chink customer service gold seller.

This tip about siege fire is very good, thank you. I am that type of retard that might say "no problem I'll just heal up and be fine" but if still all fire it might be very bad.

I bought a stack of 200 fish and 200 spice for 2k each stack at my guild store and didn't feel like I wasted money. Now that my prov is 50 thanks to that I just sell all the mats I don't need to make muh bloody maras at my guild store and make a shitload more cash. If you can find cheap mats I'd say it's more than worth it. Recipes are also worth buying imo as long as you aren't paying more than 100 gold for the shitty ones. I've seen a few good blues go anywhere from 300 to 1000. I got lucky with my bloody mara recipe and got it for 1000 gold.

>dildobot

Crafting Bag seems worth it. Clever jew mother fuckers.

buy recipes at like a guild store or something?
do any NPCs sell em?
it's incredibly worth it, unless you're ready to start shuffling shit you aren't needing between mules a lot.

It's not a waste at all to buy provisioning mats, looking all over for them can definitely become tedious af and desu it feels like you're ripping them off considering how long it actually takes to find that many ingredients. Don't believe everything the faggots here say.

is it easy to find someone with 6 traits researched to craft something for me? and how much would i be charged to get them to craft a 5 piece set of something

>do any NPCs sell em?
Chefs and Brewers sell the recipes for the Provisioning writs your character can complete (based on the rank of the first passive in Provisioning)

>it feels like you're ripping them off considering how long it actually takes to find that many ingredients.

nah
get craftbag
set autoloot
press e at every container you find

Hey, if I want to start playing this game, which expansions should I get? Is the lore true to TES?

addendum: two weeks later dump everything you don't need on your guild trader and forget about it.

For players that do PvP often it's really useful to have people selling the ingredients cheap though.

Where can one obtain a "Skinchanger" motif?

The entire armour set and weapon set is Veeky Forums as fuck, and I'm really digging it. But I can't find it anywhere

lol

I'm relatively new to the game. Got it on ps4 during one of the sales. Been playing for a few weeks, just questing and trying out classes. I like them all so far, but I'm wondering how I can acquire some of the better looking armors? I like the akaviri set but I have no idea how to get the materials to craft, or what guild to buy set pieces from. Anyone have any tips or advice?

Telvani refused joining the Pact

Wait for Vvardenfell next year

Is the PC NA /tesog/ guild still active?

You can buy the motif chapters in Cyrodiil for Alliance Points if you're interested in learning it for yourself

You can get the style material (Goldscale) in the same place, or as a reward from gaining AP or from random dungeon pledges.

Damn. I haven't even tried Campaigns. I'm only a level 20 nord dk. Should I level for Cyrodiil or just jump in? Is there a particular way to earn alliance points quickly?

Usual advice is hang with a zerg and spam heals like Rapid Regeneration

Stick by keeps and resources for a bit after you scare off attackers so you don't miss the defensive AP bonus.

Kill a delve boss in Cyrodiil to get a bonus to AP earned, repeat when it wears off.

what's with EP NA? nobody wants to fucking group up. AD just took the whole fucking map.