Things you hate about new cars

I fucking hate how newer cars in general treat you like a moron over the simplest things, yes I know my seatbelt isn't on. FUCKING HATE NEWFAG cars.

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/2016/11/07/toyota-could-abandon-hydrogen-in-favor-of-evs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*wrenches fedora

>no lever ebrake
>volume knob going away
>all the useless lights, especially from the tablet or whatever there is
>FUCKING HALOGEN IN 2016

>Start|Stop feature
I thought just turning the key is enough

i only like cars from late 70s up to 90s

>well MY car has a till! Hon hon hon hon

>>no lever ebrake
this is fucking annoying
my dad got an A-Class hire car from work because work gives him one if he needs to go to other sites.

Unlike every other car ever, you have a fucking button on the dashboard that you have to push in to set the parking brake. You should also do it with the electrics on because you have no way of knowing if its set besides the car rolling away

>every car's got the IM SO AGGRESIVE look
>interior must have buttons everywhere
>TOUCHSCREENS
>manuals are slowly going away
>FUCKING SELF DRIVING

>Mirai

Most progressive car ever made. Love it, but cant afford yet.

I'm not fond of the angry headlight motif that a lot of cars are sporting, but what's wrong with buttons and touchscreens? Maybe it's because I'm a dumb millennial fuckhead, but I don't see anything wrong with it. I think it simplifies the interface when infotainment has stacked more and more features into a car. The more you can put at your fingertips at the wheel, the better, too.

Self-driving I can get behind, though. I wouldn't trust it with anything. Besides, not being in control the whole time would make those big Interstate trips boring as fuck. I like seeing everything and being aware of everything.

When that job at Nestle starts paying off, I plan on getting one. Hopefully Cali will have started expanding the fueling stations by then. I'm 103 miles away from LA, and I don't wanna move, especially when my job's gonna be in Cabazon.
>tfw I'm gonna make what a Mirai costs in a year

everything looks the same. they're all needlessly aggressive.

what in the fuck is this?

p r o g r e s s i v e d e s i g n

This, you have to put a key in anyway why the fuck do I need a button to start. One day my gf says "you should see my sister's bfs new car it's so fancy, it has push to start!" It was a Mazda 3 BTW.

Kek

My brother has a start/stop feature on his 86, he also has automatic unlock doors on his key. He never has to remove his keys now from his pockets, making it easy for everything.

angry design

My mum got a Chevrolet Sail with only 6000km as a loaner while her car is at the shop and, good grief, shitboxes are made even shittier today than they were made 15 years ago.

>ugly plastic EVERYFUCKINGWHERE, not even a small surface covered in vynil or cloth to break away from the awfulness of cheap, grainy plastic.
>more silent than a fucking foodblender
>shitty dash
>gearknob at a weird angle

The worst offense? A clutch pedal that I can't believe someone in a design team thought was acceptable. It's stupid long in terms of travel but the bite point is all the way up.

Your average CRX or GEO Metro from days past is better built than a modern Dacia Sandero or Chevrolet Aveo.

>volume knob going away
This is so fucking annoying and inconvenient.
>OH BOY NOW I GET TO LOOK AWAY FROM THE ROAD TO SEE IF I'M ACTUALLY TOUCHING THE VOLUME CONTROL OR NOT

>that fucking annoying volume control on the steering wheel

That just means the clutch is new

Can someone explain why diesel hatchbacks are more expensive and hard to come across in the US?

No... Most push to start are proximity. You never take the key out your pocket.

diesel isn't popular

Might as well wait for Honda's clarity
longer range
better looks
a common 5 seats sedan layout instead of Mirai's 4 seats layout

>lady brings car to shop because of a leaky tire
>fix it
>not really sure what PSI to fill the tires to, just throw 30 PSI at it because that's a common number for cars that size
>LOW TIRE PRESSURE
>fill it to 40 PSI
>LOW TIRE PRESSURE
>actually take out the time to read the correct pressure
>it's 35 PSI
>bleed some air out
>LOW TIRE PRESSURE
>goddamn computer won't stop flashing this warning
I think we just ended up sending it back to her with the light still on hoping it would go off after a while. I hate this shit.

automated/power everything. the lotus approach to reliability and ease of maintenance is best. i don't need nav, lane assist, collision warning, reverse cameras, heated seats, fucktons of sound insulation, etc. all i really want is a manual hatchback with no luxury frills and enough power to get out of its own way.

The look ugly with their fat bodies and narrow ass windows and tiny wheels and retarded grill designs.

>Chevrolet Sail
That'a a Chinese car, a literal shitbox made out of the thinnest sheet metal that dents if you look it the wrong way. These are getting so common in my country, it makes me feel better about my focus.

PLASTIC

EVERYWHERE

> Lane assist
What the fuck guys...

Put your seat belt on before you start driving and maybe that wouldn't be a fucking problem

Also
>Parking assist
I can rely on myself parking correctly without that

millennial here
i dont want this shit. its what old fags think we want

Shut the fuck up, we know what you need

>yes I know my seatbelt isn't on. FUCKING HATE NEWFAG cars.
Could be worse, my 74 Plymouth Duster won't crank unless the driver's seatbelt is on.

God damn cvt transmission but no manual transmission options (in most cars)

shitty OC was made

>Ipad on dash
Please end this meme.

The outside looks.

I just fucking can't stand looking at shit past 2009 it seems for more than 2 seconds. The sedans're just don't seem to stand out from one another and the coupes are some sort of crustacean life form now.

And to go on a bit about the first one, it's like EVERYBODY has a red fucking Altima now. Drives me insane always seeing those things.

Just turn it off you fucking retard

always on gps, touch control entertainment center/hvac rolled into one, and computer assisted everything

You have to reset it, retard.

>always on gps
This is my guilty pleasure because it looks like out of a video game.

Seriously guise, can someone please explain wtf we're looking at here?

yes

Actually... its Inlets with working flaps for fuelcell heat exchangers.

This pathetic shit was probably designed by the mentally ill crack addicts over at Calty

Actually, looks like shitty dead end engineering.
engadget.com/2016/11/07/toyota-could-abandon-hydrogen-in-favor-of-evs/
Not to mention, every other car has various coolers that don't require such cancer.

>but what's wrong with buttons and touchscreens?
I dont have a problem personally, wityh buttons and knobs, but touchscreens are distracting and have no tactile feedback. I find it ridiculous that you can't use a phone while driving, to say, text, but there's no issue with a huge glowing touchscreen on your dashboard you need to divert your attention to just to change the radio station.

buttons on the wheel are fine, i love those. buttons and knobs in general are fine. after a while you learn their positioning. a touchscreen doesnt give you that.

also

>hen infotainment has stacked more and more features into a car.

that's part of the problem. none of it is neccesity, it's just a distraction

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The writer is kinda retarded, right?
Fuelcell vehicles wont even need gas stations. They can fill up its own hydrogen tanks with the fuelcell, powered from your garages wall socket.

Hydrogen gas stations are only for optional use for a fast fill-up on long distance travel.

>Not to mention, every other car has various coolers that don't require such cancer.

As if Mirai engineers would give a fuck about 'other cars'.

>grid electric>hydrolysis>tanks>reverse hydrolysis>electricity
>let's keep adding layers of inefficiency
>totoya engineering!

>yeah who cares about non-attention-seeking implementations of basic cooling when you're on your hands and knees looking for crack rocks you might have dropped into the rug
SO stupid.

>Calty

Well, they also designed this.

They are too big.