/ovg/ - SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

>Be on the first 10 replies to get a rFactor 2 tire model koozie edition

OUR WIKI CAN ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ONLY FOR 10 DOLLARS JUST FOR THIS WEEK(6 dollars for children)

DO YOU LIKE TALKING? JOIN THE MUMBLE AND CHEER FROM THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS WITH US
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

DO YOU WANT COMPANY(No homo)? JOIN US
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

HAVING TROUBLE DECIDING ON A WHEEL? WE HAVE YOU COVERED WITH THE AWESOME WHEEL GUIDE, PROUDLY SPONSORED BY ALIBABA.COM
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

READ THIS IF YOU WANT YOUR RIDE TO LOOK AWESOME IN RFACTOR 2
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

WE RACE ON WEEKENDS! FEATURING: RANWEC WITH PROTOTYPES AND GTES IN TWO WEEKS AND CLASSIC RANWEC WHENEVER WE WANT CAUSE WE DON'T ANSWER TO ANYONE.
We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

BE HERE OR BE QUEER

Other urls found in this thread:

get-good.net
pastebin.com/YzW35YxS
mega.nz/#!ANNCmTJQ!Jo4RLS_6QjaPrk_pGvn4kabvxy0Uecz6CJiOqSnhebs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Too high energy. I forgot the wiki link

>get-good.net

I repost it here, is it possible to create a custom AI line for rf2? AI is too slow in some modded tracks, their line is fine but they brake too much, even at 120%. I've tried leaving it in learning mode but it take off only 1/3 of seconds out of 1-2 whole seconds.

Yes, but it has to be done in dev mode and it'll mean having to create a new rfcmp with the new aiw. not sure how that'd affect compatibility if you're trying to use that track online

rfcmps have unique checksum ids so it would not be compatible online

Damn. Well, I could duplicate the track and edit the copy.

yeah, but I'm not sure if rf2 will use the old version if it's still installed when trying to join a lobby online

give it a different name and it should be fine

Yeah, I wanted to get it during the last sale but was out of money, thanks for the tip.

Is rfactor 2 a good single player sim or is there something better?

For single player you probably should look at stuff like Forza, GT and Project Cars unless you don't mind just doing one off races against the AI

>sim

Closest thing to decent would be one of the old Simbin games or Raceroom then as at least they have a championship mode

ToCA Racedriver 3

Anyone willing to play a little holiday dirt rally event? I'd throw in Monaco, maybe even Sweden (god i hate sweden, that would be the first time it appears in ovgwrc league since i started setting it up).

There is a good chance that terrible codies web-based league manager won't fuck up entire event this time.

As much as I fucking hate Sweden I feel like you'd have to have it in

>tfw currently doing elite championship event 2
>sweden
>%100 chance of snow every single stage
>can't see more than 30 fucking feet

When are we ever doing something else than DIRT Rally.

What about a Sébastien Loeb Rally event? Or am i the only one that owns that.

Yeah, winter event kinda requires winter stages. Also, it's not that bad, i probably hate it only because i'm constantly falling into snowdrifts which are almost always on sides of track.

I'm not some kind of certified /ovg/ event organiser, i simply got OVGWRC league moderation access and from time to time i set shit up. Find players and run event if you want (although your chances for a proper event are even smaller than mine, at least i have 100 players in league, so i know for a fact that a lot of people have the game).

Anyway, i think i'm going to set it up soon. I have some time to spare, i can spam webms, so if anyone feels like doing fun little causal event every week or two, you can start downloading the game.

i think my frustration is mostly at Codemasters for not putting out new content for DIRT Rally. It can get boring doing the same few stages that each country has.

i was expecting much worse

>He's not watching Matt Malone right now

breddy gud

rip

surprised it took this long to run into this type of jackass

dtm loves these meme tier first turns for some reason

Shut up. Norisring is good and you know it.

i like it too but it fucks my shit up most of the time kek

who would've thought that a track that is just two hairpins and one chicane could be so hard

German efficiency.

Making the best out of 4 corners

i wish i had money to buy a nice steering wheel and play sims all day

you dont NEED a wheel

but using an xbox controller isnt fun

>nice
DFGT isn't nice enough?

Use a fight stick then.

reminder ovg has some of the fastest fight stick drivers in the world

i'm not quite sure if fight sitck is a good racing sim controller, user

what is that trash on the screen

racerooms hotlap mode has a racing line that shows where the ghost you're using has braked

Some pansy actually ragequitted because he was slower than a fight stick user and had to tryhard to beat him before he left.

use mouse steering then, you need tc tho because of the lack of throttle and brake control

that's some quality racing you got there iRacing

>tfw your attempts to encourage people to get good have the opposite effect

i cant believe that anyone with a wheel can be slower than this

>Only stage I do decent on is Monte Carlo since I played the shit out of it in Dirt 3
>tfw still probably going hella slow by comparison

>digital input

Never, ever, underestimate how shit someone can be in relation to the overpriced hardware they have. Like, some people legitimately think they're bad at racing because they only play with a pad, not a wheel.
Spoiler: if you suck with a pad you're not necessarily going to be any good with a wheel.

I sometimes play a bit of CSGO in shit ranks because I can't be arsed learning tactics and which pixels to shoot through in d2 mid, and there's always at least one dude playing in the lowest setting on a $2k rig complete with clicky keyboard and $200 mouse thinking he's hot shit.

The genius of marketing was to make people believe they need gear to be good.

is calling all units any good?

Do I go for Assetto Corsa or get Forza Horizon Meme

it depends on whether you want to play assetto corsa or forza horizon meme

Why not both?

just pirate ass corpse

Because they are expensive

Do you want a shit game with no simulation value or a shit game with no simulation value?

i cannot think of a more shitter friendly car than the Audi TT Cup

noice

/ovg/ meet on the left

SP00KY

How's fh3 on PC guys? Decent G27 support?

brands hatch indy is such a fun track

RaceRoom looks good desu.

What trackmania mod is that

Any gud games on Android? That's not Real Racing 3 or Pixel Car Racer?

Colin Mcrae Rally 2.0?

Unironic good fun.

I'll be on it for a bit if anyone wants to join

Gran Turismo 2 on PSX emu.

I would but I don't have all the DLC.

>buying DLC of AC

That is one spicy meme.

Where do I get it for free then?

100% grip?

wheel support is apparently not good at this point, don't expect improvements either

Hill Climb Racing is fun little game, though it's pretty simple. Also avoid Hill Climb Racing 2 at all costs, it's the epitome of mobile game cancer.

Apart from that listen to If your phone can't handle PS1 emulation, try out Driver for the Gameboy Color. Apart from being a top down game, it's a very accurate port. Also, if you had problems with the Tutorial Mission in the parking lot, this game doesn't have it.

pastebin.com/YzW35YxS

I think so, but the cars themselves are not very grippy, so it's not that noticeable.

gay

I learned that I can't have all I want

Also it says track grip is at 98%, so I dunno at what level it is.

>pastebin.com/YzW35YxS

Thanks m8

Sorry to bother you but can I install the DLC from this download into the steam version?

There is a physical copy of AC for PC?
Anyway, I am using the steam version fine, and no, you won't get banned.

Also while looking for the DLC I found this track.
It's like lake louise, but without having bumps, and it's pretty high speed too

mega.nz/#!ANNCmTJQ!Jo4RLS_6QjaPrk_pGvn4kabvxy0Uecz6CJiOqSnhebs

No, I ment If I had to use a cracked version, I thought the download was a full cracked version with the DLC but I see now that that isn't the case.

How do I actually get the DLC installed though? I tried copying everything into the AC folder but it's not working properly. Not all the cars work and I can't find servers online anymore.

we posting the group now?

i swear this could be game of the decade if the devs would unfuck it

>this game could be great if it wasn't shit

well ok

its not shit. i has a very good base to work with. all the devs need to to is unfuck the transmission, give the steering some weight and feedback and make the brakes consistent at every speed and give them feedback for lockup. that grease on the brakes under 60k needs to go

the models and environment are acceptable based on the size and the core game mechanics are ok. the experience is something very few games can replicate

i thought camera angles didnt work with the rewind/forward keys for some reason

i thought wrong

niec

i have no idea why my webms come out looking like that sometimes and it pisses me off. maybe i should be turning on vsync??

>Not including Juiced in Arcade recommended

SAD!

AC can be pirated for now. Not the case with FH3.

That means you can try the former but not the latter. If you like AC after trying it, you should get it.

never before seen teaser

>hat means you can try the former but not the latter
fh3 has a demo

sauce?

>has fag sauce pics on his HD

I want to play some vidja with mates but none of us own the same sims. Can rf2 or assetto corsa play multiplayer with cracked copies?

westworld season finale bitches
AC unfortunately no, I believe rf2 is a yes tho

rf2 definitely yes, follow the guide in the wiki

>driving with wheel using paddles
>pause for a second
>put hands back on wheel and forgot how many fingers I was putting on the paddles and how I was doing it before

now everytime I shift it feels wrong and my hands feel awkward because it doesn't feel like i'm doing it right no matter if I try using 2 or 4 fingers to see what I was doing before that felt 'normal'