I bought a new car

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLxnBWGrTVs
northwestfc.net/
youtube.com/user/HairyFruitOfPassion/
my.mixtape.moe/rqeswd.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lewd

Now I get to disassemble it and autistically inspect all the hardware.

>no tire condoms
dropped

They are used tires, got three sets of wheels with it though, one of which has another set of used tires with a couple heat cycles on them. Should be good enough for a test day.

details pls. i'm interested.

It's a Van Diemen RF99 configured for racing in the Formula Continental/F2000 class. 2.0L Ford Pinto engine, Hewland LD200 gearbox.

youtube.com/watch?v=nLxnBWGrTVs Here's a video of the previous owner driving it.

I plan on racing it in the Northwest Formula Continental championship. northwestfc.net/

This is cool as fuck

Actual racing >>>>>>>> bench racing

I've been racing for a few years now, you've probably seen my videos posted here on occasion in go karts, formula skip barber cars, and spec miata. youtube.com/user/HairyFruitOfPassion/

I like your way of thinking
How much did it cost?

$20k. You can get a decent raceworthy FC for around $15k but this one's a very modern chassis and comes with a nice data system, swanky 3-way penskes, and a really good aero package along with some other minor upgrades. It should be a strong contender for the overall championship win in NWFC if I can do my part on the driving side of things.

I can't find anything online about this car.

Can you beat a Nissan GT-R in this?

I can beat a Nissan GTR around the average race track with the go kart in the corner.

It's a very common car, I'm surprised you can't find anything. It has been the spec chassis for the USF2000 series up until next year, though they use a 2.0L Mazda engine rather than a Ford.

Fantastic. Try and record some footage of you driving it and then share it here?

Are you able to register it and make it road legal?

You can count on it.

How powerful is the Pinto engine in this? I'm guessing it's been tuned and built for racing

No, and it's not road-capable if I wanted to, the floor scrapes going up the driveway and it requires two hours in the garage for every one hour of driving.

Not that impressive desu. It is a dry sump engine, has a fat cam, and a lightened flywheel but that's about it. Gets you going pretty quick when your car only weighs 1000lbs though. Here is my dyno data: my.mixtape.moe/rqeswd.pdf

Hey kiwi

>145HP in 1000LB car

Hey, that's better P:W than a Shelby GT350

Damn, that sounds nice. WHat happens if you crash though? Would you be able to fix the car on your own? What about getting spare parts?

hi

fucking nice user, what kind of karts are those? Been wanting to build/buy a go kart for a while now, all the indoor places around here are pretty expensive

Unfortunately the only spares it came with were engine and transmission-related (and all the wheels). I'm going to have to buy some spare wings and control arms probably. On the plus side though because it is the most common chassis these are not hard to find and I don't have to fab them myself.

Both are Swiss Hutless chassis, one is set up to race in World Formula class (206cc 4-stroke), and the other is set up to run Stock Honda CR125 (125cc 2-stroke shifter).

>it requires two hours in the garage for every one hour of driving
Why? It doesn't sound like a particularly high maintenance car. The only things I can think of that will wear quickly are suspension bushes and maybe wheel bearings.

When you're racing you go through a lot of tires, brake pads, and fluid replacement. Engine life is about 40 hours when you drive at the red line all the time too and there's the time spent doing data analysis and setup. I don't actually have any idea what the ratio is I just pulled that number out of my ass.

Mostly though, it just isn't designed for long drives down a less than idea-surfaced freeway. All the hardware is really tiny and the car is really meant for driving at the ragged edge of performance for a max of 30 minutes at a time. If you took it on the street it would just break a lot and not be much fun. If you want racecar-like performance on the street get a motorcycle, they are much better suited to the task.