Twingo discussion thread

Toringo edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oaEel0spD34
youtube.com/watch?v=v_Ui2pULeos
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WHERE DA PLOOSHES AT

christmas

This, I was hoping for them to arrive by Christmas so I could give them as gifts. Need to be 4sale soon for that to happen.

I hope so, too

lol

still my favorite color

and a round a e s t h e t i c

i want one so bad

Your time will come, user.

looks great

>tfw 2006 was 30 years ago

>tfw that Twingo is still taxed and MOT'd, and still on the roads in the UK

Such a nice warm feeling. Hope I see it one day.

maybe one will see YOU one day.

for some reason it seems like twingos inspire people to travel far distances

TWINGOS GET FUCKED

no u

The ass was fat

twingo is a luxury car

What is a good price (in central Yurop) for one that might look rough but will be good for a couple years without major problems?

What problems should I look for?

hot

indeed it is

200€ will get you a good 1st gen one from Germany. 50€-150€ will get you a bit more rough looking one. 15K€ will get you a new Twingo GT.

the last twingo mk1 ever produced (2012, in colombia I think)

lol, it looks so nervous

I want to buy a Twingo. Meme machine.

I want to junk yard turbo it.

Custom manifold, exgaust, intake and intercooler.

What about injectors, fuel pump, air flow meter, ecu?

I dont want to open the block, i domt really want to spend much money. I just want to do this for a giggle.

What is thr bare minimum i need to do to get it running?

Well you'd have to get it tuned for one, and you'd probably need to upgrade the fuel system as well.

Also it depends on which engine you get, the old Cléon engine (pre-2000) or the newer D-series (the 16v version is still being used in turbo form today).

Turboing any car isn't cheap.

You can get a running Twingo from 0 to €300 and everything above is a decent one but to turbo it you will easily look at something like 1500 at least to get most parts and then you also have to know how to do all this.

You'd literally pay the cost for the whole car several times just to get it turbo'd.

Would be cheaper to find a scrapped 1.4t Renault and swap the engine into your Twingo.

Ok ill look into this 1.4t option.

What cars used the 1.4t?

Im aiming to get a 16,v

I wouldnt assume it was that expensive. I can get a small turbo for 100€, intercooler for 50, piping isnt that expensive.

Fuel pump is another 100. I have a friend who owns a metal shop so getting the manifold shape cut isnt a problem.

And as for a tune, maybe ill do that. Im hoping i could just run a but of boost, not too much that the stock MAF/MAP/AFM can keep up the job.

If you want to go 1.4T, get an older Twingo because the 1.4T is also a Cléon engine. It came in the Renault 5 Turbo and the 5 GT Turbo, and maybe a few others too.

I guess it's far more likely to find a 1.4 Turbo Renault 11 than finding a Renault 5 Turbo.

the 1.4turbo engine sounds fucking GLORIOUS.

hope I can find the video, one sec.

FUCK YEAH.

I love that sound.

youtube.com/watch?v=oaEel0spD34
youtube.com/watch?v=v_Ui2pULeos

I wonder if that engine has a different firing order than the usual inline 4.

It sounds quite different and more gnarly.

that's the dream right there. Old twingo qt design with modern features

son Im impress

Where the FUCK can I find a Twingo in the UK? All the second hand sites have 2005-2016 models and not the classic

The UK never got the first gen, so you'd have to import one from the mainland or South America.

Well god damn. How expensive would that be? I'm trying to find the shitbox with the best cheap/reliability ratio. Twingo seems to fit the bill, but if I have to pay a lot for it then a Corrola or Civic is more realistic

Don't know much about import/registration/shipping costs, but a decent one can be found for under a grand in mainland yurop.
You'll have to deal with LHD though, and you can probably find some Mazda/Ford/Toyota/Honda for less.

Die in a fire you homos, go shit up /b/ with your per-pubescent adorable car nonsense.

where can I get them?

>hurr im a MAN now I can't like non manly shit
Go back to your brodozer and fuck off

Just keep an eye on the threads.