/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/SourMesen/Mesen/tree/master/Linux
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Vulkan

I miss Picross

BYUU
Y
U
U

Now anytime I hear "zero hard dependencies" it makes me automatically write a project off as garbage due to RA. Any project obsessed with no dependencies is going to be a project doing too much itself.

It's a cool band name too

>the PS2 BC actually emulated the GPU and GTE on the EE
You learn something new everyday.

Reminder that Citra is a scam

Reminder that LaunchBox is a scam.

Reminder that byuuware is a scam

But RA isn't garbage...m

"Zero Hard Dependencies" just means you can compile it without any dependencies. By default, it will probably include them all in normal builds.

Hard dependencies are bad unless they are 100% required for the program to function.

>harvest moon 64 still looks like this on RA

so i guess pkmn puzzle league doesn't work still right?

What emudev IRC chans should I be monitoring?

#bearcave on efnet

#suicidewatch

Which retroarch core?

#transgender

#libretro

#zsnes on Freenode

Someone was posting about redream at the end of last thread. Is it actually getting anywhere? I use demul at the moment but if something better is coming along then I'll keep an eye on it.

How do you update retroarch?

Download the newest version.

Disregard this post I'm an idiot.

Secret (and closed to public, like byuu forum) channel for retrorch devs. Used mostly to talk about byuu.

No shit smart ass, but what part is actually important to the download with the nightlies. Any nightly I download just doesn't work

then shitpost about it.

Then use a stable version.
I replied in such a manner because I thought that you might be thinking that there was an autoupdate option or an updater within the options in RA itself.

The exe is the only thing that matters.

Stop making shit threads like that.

so do you guys legit recommend Mesen for #1 nes emulator of choice, or did some shill edit the wiki?

Some shill edited the wiki.
Nestopia and Punes are still more "finished" right now

No, use Nestopia with RetroArch.
Mesen is worthless until it gets a libretro port.

t. guy who just finished sucking off every single dev responsible for Retroarch and then donated every one of their pennies to their Patreon.

t. mesen dev who can't build a nes emulator without requiring dx11

puNES now is worthless that Mesen exists. There should be only one emulator of each console class.

DX11 is literally 8 years old. You have no excuse.

>windows only

>Nestopia and Punes are still more "finished" right now

How so? Mesen has better support for obscure mappers than either of them do

t. Stallman
NES games are proprietary software, you shouldn't be trying to play them.

You should be playing such FOSS gems such as Tux Racer.

>How so? Mesen has better support for obscure mappers than either of them do
The mapper support list on the mesen site doesn't agree with your statement

No. I use Windows and I don't even pretend to care about this freetard shit like you.

t. guy who doesn't own a phone. or any hacked handheld/console. or any ultralight arm laptop.

According to RMS, ROM's don't count :^)

Which one?

What is the current state of Pokemon S&M on Citra, especially for AMD CPUs?

I would rather play it with a on a monitor with a mouse & keyboard in HD

Android is about as proprietary as Windows. Are you going to say MacOS counts?

slow
i'm saying if you want to play on anything other than windows you can't use mesen.

>What is the current state of Pokemon S&M on Citra
>AMD CPU
Go buy a 3DS kid.

You don't actually think that would work right?

Do you actually use the same emulators on your phone and your desktop?

How come no one updated this?

yes

I have an i5 3570. What kind of performance should I expect out of Citra?

slow

Shit-tier.
Citra isn't ready for public use.

>implying my 2DS doesn't work just fine

it's just the regular mupen64 core, you are free to try parallel but i expect pretty much the same (i think pkmn puzzle league boots with parallel tough)

you- you gonna share that?

Is Citra playable on a laptop? I already have a CFW 3DS but emulators would be handy for testing and not having to install the CIA

stop

No
You would still have to decrypt the ROM on your 3DS so it kinds of defeat the point.

Has the Mednafen Saturn emulator been ported to Retro Arch already?

Yeah, it was like a week after it came out.

That is the mupen core.

>pass user since 2012

>Cuck since 2012
FTFY

Bad taste as always, Vaporeon.

It still needs some kinks to be worked out. But if the guy finishes it it will be better than RA's current interface

Where do I get games?

Does anyone happen to have that neogeo rompack? It's on mega I think

The vulkan renderer in retroarch doesn't allow frame rate to be turboed. Is there any way to fix this?

Very funny.

No emulator supports 256 mappers - there are several mapper numbers (30+) that are unassigned/unused, and Mesen supports more mappers than either puNES or Nestopia

Don't buy a PS4, I can tell you that

Are you going to tell me you're still running Windows XP 15 years after its release?

Anyone here who is an expert on arcade/neo-geo stuff?

I try to launch this with all the different FB Alpha cores on retroarch but none of them work. I also tried mame but it just initializes forever

So I figured it must be something wrong with the game, but I have no idea to see why. So is there anything wrong with these files? Does it miss the bios or something?

Not him but You really need to realize that when you make an emulator for NES, you go software only. You don't make an emu to stand the test of time that uses a fucking graphics API that will be deprecated

The DX code is probably less than 1% of the entire codebase and can easily be changed if needed. So that's not much of an argument.

>so i guess pkmn puzzle league doesn't work still right?
They added a hack to get it working.

It's something to do with vsync being on I guess, but OGL lets me do it with vsync on and vulkan with vsync off looks really choppy.

So remove it entirely. There is no argument for keeping it in

github.com/SourMesen/Mesen/tree/master/Linux
And there you go.

And now OGL with beetle-HW looks like this. Guess that means no speedups for loading screens in PSX games for me.

are you trying to play a neo geo games?

you need neogeo.zip in the same folder as the game you are trying to play

so lets say i want to play metal slug 1

you need to have in that folder

Mslug.zip
neogeo.zip

then just choose the core and then the game

don't extract neo geo games or they will not work

downloaded the latest FBA core and metal slug + neogeo.zip and it worked

Oh I forgot about that. Well yes i have the neo-geo bios in the same folder as all the other games which are also zipped

It's really weird. Some games work some dont, though I think most games do work from what I've randomly tested. Metal slug works fine, but I cant seem to run 1941 for example. I DLed a neo geo rompack a while ago from mega so I have no way of knowing that all my games are as they should be

Reminder that you should support faithful ports of games by buying Turok PC on Steam. It is a full remake of the game using the assets of the original ported to a new engine. It includes options like further draw distance, and other tweaks. It is the balance between faithful and enhancements. Also it's WAY better than N64 emulation. It features full mouse+keyboard support. Platforming is a total chore on the original game. Plus, my laptop can run Turok at full speed 60fps, but most N64 emulators cause it to chug.

If they get enough support, they will do more games. Right now Turok remake didn't sell that well. He's currently working on Turok 2.

If you think 20 dollars is too much to pay for Turok, wait for the sale in Christmas when it will go for 10 dollars.

cores not working like what? you select the core and it states that there is no core selected? something like that?

Also just as a small sidething, whenever I close a neogeo game I get these files stored in my hard drive, not inside a folder or anything, just unorganized with all the main folders in my entire drive. This didnt happen before

20 dollars is too much for a steam game, let alone a retro game. $5-7 --- $2.99 on sale.

those are just save files

The sales have spoiled you. I too prefer to spend only 60 dollars on sales, and that means buying a bunch of games. But go to a real game store. Everything is 30-70 dollars. 10 dollars for Turok is fine.

You realize DX11 will eventually be deprecated on Windows right? Try to run a DX7 game sometime.

HAR MO
S

Pusl

Looks pretty cool. It's good that some people are essentially preserving games like that on PC with modern bells and whistles.