Is it really THAT good?

Is it really THAT good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uwPmkzZOhDI
etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yep

It's "fun", not "good". It's not actually faster than many other car, it just feels that way because of the powerband and suspension tuning.

>exploding clutch, trans
>misfires

no

>problems that happen to autotragic Fiesta's
>ST's 6 speed is dead reliable

It's a godmachine deal with it

look up MT st trans problems you fucking moron. its almost epidemic proportions, and this is with a sample pool of cars under 100k miles.

toyobaru is the same price, & better

>rwd
>coupe
>limited slip diff comes stock
>the hektik skid godmachine

> 200 hp, gutless 4pot

try again faggot

yes, it uses state of the art ecoboost technology

I've seen like 4 people that have a noisy shifter that got the trans replaced. Haven't heard of anything having a catastrophic failure out of the blue.

What's the typical failure point? Legitimately interested, I'd like to know what to google.

A lightly used toyobru with $10k into it would destroy a Fiesta ST.

vs a moms hatchback with an eco engine

i know which one id have.

then destroy itself after 10k on the clock
fuck off kid

Only ford techs would know the answer. They dont actually fix them in shops, they just drop in a new one.

>20k car, completely stock except for track brake pads
>8:14 on Burgerking

youtu.be/uwPmkzZOhDI

If that isn't good performance value for a new car I don't know what is

>"""""clutch"""""" and """""trans""""" failure in cars often purchased by first time manual drivers.

Yeah, I'm sure it's the car's fault.

And then you put 10k into that Fiesta and it destroys the Toyobaru anyway

>muh XX dollars and a weekend meme

I could buy a old V8 station wagon and make it run 10s for under 3k. This argument holds no water because most people dont want to dd some modded pos

True, and even then the techs probably don't tear them apart at the dealership to find out.

What are the typical symptoms and/or issues that cause the trans to need replacing? Again, the only thing I've seen has been a noisy shifter, and there doesn't seem to be much of it happening that I can find.

Usually it's a loud whine in specific gears, but I've only ever seen a couple of instances of it, and know the people making the claims, I'm dubious at best that this is really the fault of the transmission and not the driver...

Which is the same time as:

>c63 amg
>B3 Biturbo
>ferrari 355

And faster than a:

>honda nsx
>r32 gtr
>cayman s
>1 series M
>lexus isf

It's a lot of car for the money. I wouldn't buy one for various reasons but it's quick, far quicker than virtually everything in its bracket. It's getting into Caterham territory.

but how?

>And then you put 10k into that Fiesta and it destroys the Toyobaru anyway

yeah... No. It's almost at the limits of what FWD can handle without being retarded and spinning the tires in every gear.

An old V8 station wagon isn't going to handle anywhere near as good as a toyobru or even Fiesta ST. A 2 year old toyobru and a Fiesta are comparable to each other.

The Fiesta is a piece of shit. The ST is a piece of shit with a turbo and nice seats.

Even if you have dubs what you are saying is bullshit.
The Gt86 is in every point better than the focus.

>what FWD can handle

fuck off you dumb rwd fanboy

>Posts a DoA car that was scrapped less than a year after it started.
>Designed by the moron behind the Deltawing
>SLOWER THAN CARS IN THE CLASSES BELOW IT
>Implying this is a good thing

You really are trying to make me mad, aren't you?

point is that its still faster than your fuckboi 86 will ever be

>torque dip
vs
>tiny turbo torque band

Even if the toyobaru is relatively close to the fiesta in lap times, the fiesta is much more enjoyable to drive since you have accessible power at all times.

Lightweight. Good suspension tuning. OEM tires are reasonably grippy. Plenty of torque. Good driver. Easy to drive at the limit.

So far on my "good" companies list is:

Ford
Caterpillar
Exxon

Any household goods companies seem to be pretty much fucked in every aspect

It's the best hot hatch made in ages.

It's great fun to drive, engine has plenty of power and grips the road real well. and in the city it's light and easy to drive.

Only downsides is the ride is harsh, and some people moan about the electric power steering, but I like it, so it's down to you really desu.

Test drive one m8.

>buying a ford
>ever

Ford is GOAT

Stay mad

My buddy has one.

The overall consensus is that it is an amazing DD but not something you want to modify and style to your liking.

By no means GOAT, but they're nice

I don't understand the hate.

I drove one, it was a really nice hatchback. Very fun, handled incredibly well, liked to rotate in sharp turns. Everything an enthusiast looks for in a vehicle.

I ended up buying something else for weekend warrior because I didn't need the utility of a hatchback, but if I only had one car, still wanted to track, and I didn't want to be bored to death on a commute, it would be a perfect choice.

I really enjoy mine

Are you just meming or is this actually happening?

Meme-ing. It's almost confirmation bias as well because if you google the issue, you will find several posts with varying degrees of "I think it's the clutch, it think it's this, it's making a weird noise" and then of course there's no follow up from that poster after going in for service.

I assume that means the dealership told them they were retarded about driving their car and they're too embarrassed to keep posting about it.

I googled the issue a bit and saw some people were complaining about needing a new clutch around 16k. It also seemed to only be affecting the 2014 and early 2015 models.

Hopefully its either nothing or it has been resolved in my model because I have a late 2015 model with 27k.

15k odo is just about when you'll start noticing clutch issues of you suck at driving stick too.

Not saying that's what's happening in every instance of this, but I would be willing to wager it's a majority.

14,400 miles here, no issues at all. Car has been brilliant.

I'm willing to bet the ones that have had issues haven't been looked after well, or have been ragged and abused desu

How can I find out what time of the year mine was made?

etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Enter your VIN there

Makes sense. Its a car that younger people can afford who might not know how to drive stick very well.

Cool, that was a useful utility, thank you! Our average poster in these threads is an awful little gremlin, so I get warm fuzzies when someone legitimately helps out.

Mine was built in May of '15? I hope that's old enough to have avoided the issues. Worst I've noticed is shudder in the pedal when easing out the clutch, but it's getting progressively worse, so I'm starting to worry. I've been driving stick for 16 years across a wide variety of cars and trucks, so I'm pretty sure it's not me failing miserably.

Any thoughts anyone?

it's like a party on wheels

CARLOS!

Most of the problems I saw were people who had their cars built sometime before May or April of 2014.

I would still go into the dealer and have them take a look. That doesn't sound normal.