So my cunt neighbor hit my parked car and bailed without leaving a note, and it's about $1500 in damages...

So my cunt neighbor hit my parked car and bailed without leaving a note, and it's about $1500 in damages. I know the assholes who did it, and I've got a video from my other cooler neighbors of their truck backing into it, but they won't own up to it, and without a license plate number there's really not much I can do about it. The truck hasn't been back since.

Here's a screencap of the Tundra nailing it. The plate is visible, but it's really hard to read. I've been spamming a license plate lookup service to see if I get a match on a 2009-11 Tundra, but I haven't found it yet. If anybody knows how to focus digital images and help me out I'd really appreciate it.

I know the format for these Texas plates is ABC 1234 which should help narrow it down

Other urls found in this thread:

mcmansionhell.com/101
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I also tried "enhancing" this using some trial software, so this might help as well

dont have any photo editing software on my computer but have a bump OP
we have plenty of photoshop wizards that browse this board

I used unsharp mask and it didn't help
My best guess is

YTX 8035

Could you not have parked literally anywhere else besides directly behind his fucking driveway?

Like, hit and runs are shitty, but you're also a fucking faggot for that

>parking in the middle of the street
you got what you fucking deserve

he parked on the opposite side of the street you fucking retard
you're seriously going to look at the fucking angle that truck is at and try to tell me he didnt have a mile of space to get out of there easily?

Not only that but on the wrong side of the street as well. Notice your other neighbors and what side of the street they're parked on

I actually had to parallel park between this family's 2 other cars. They do this shit all the time and apart from parking directly in front of someone else's house I don't have any other options

You think I didn't notice that you dumb faggot?

OP and the truck driver are complete fucking idiots that deserve what they got/get.

Then park directly in front of his house. I'm sure he'd be better with that than you parking behind his driveway and risking hitting your shitbox

Take that still, call the cops, file a report, and call your insurance company.

Call the cops, give them the image, and they can check their database for the Tundra registered to a person living at that address.

All that space and he still hits your car lmao what a fucking horrible driver probably can't even turn the steering wheel right but it looks like you parked against the flow of traffic tho

there is no magic enhance button in Photoshop. the resolution is'nt high enough on that camera.

Parked illegally fuck your gay Honda Toyota stronk

God those houses are hideous, and you don't even have a driveway to go with them? I feel bad for you, that looks miserable.

They're both Toyotas you blind motherfucker

Well quit being a poor fag and take out another loan for a tundra like your neighbors

>without a plate number
Who cares, it's out of the guys driveway. Is he going to say it's not his house because you can't see the address? Bring that pic to him and say he has 24 hours to bring you $1500 in cash or you file a hit and run report (honestly you should just do that anyway to fuck that guy)

Do this OP

You should have called the police immediately.

Why are people so dumb when it comes to car accidents? If you don't make things happen promptly, you're going to be on the hook for the damage.

Have fun paying half the value of your car to repair it.

> Asshole backs into my car in the street in front of buddy's house
> Front bumper and fender is bent
> Cops show up
> Look at car
> "Did you see who did it?"
> No, but it was clearly the person in the house right next to my car with the trailer hitch.
> Sorry, there is no proof.

Another example

> Friend's wife has a some nigger run into her while driving down a two lane road
> They both pull over
> Nigger gives her fake information and says she can't wait for police to show up
> Leaves while police are on the way
> Police say they can't do anything and the nigger gave her fake information

Yeah, cops are the answer!

You have obviously never been involved in an accident, that wasn't caused by you.

>Call Police
>show picture
>Sir do you own a 2009 Tundra?
>I doubt he'd lie to the police

Uh.... Cops have literally done nothing the two times my cars have been hit and run in residential areas. So go back to not even owning an automobile.

If you're referring to the OP, It looks like OP's neighbor was having work done to their house when it happened. Of course some dick fuck contractor wouldn't own up to running into a car on the street. The neighbor should have to provide information on the people he was having work on the house and then the cops could actually charge the asshole for hit and run.... or OP should man up and go over to that house with the cops and camera footage.

Ok then, I guess go get a gun and just threaten to kill the guy so you can fix your piece of shit car?
You stated yourself:
>there's really not much I can do about it

Did you have a video of them backing out of their driveway into your car like OP? These stories on the internet like yours never quite add up, chances are you are nonconfrontational and didn't want to escalate the situation so just accepted it.

Na the cops really don't do shit in accidents unless someone has to leave in an ambulance.

>Lady in Jeep runs a flashing red light and T-Bones me spins car 180 in intersection.
>Cops shows up sees cars still in intersection.
>Lady lies to cops saying she stopped at light and did that coming from a dead stop.
>Since no one was hurt cop doesnt give a fuck about this at all. Doubt he would care even if someone was hurt.
>Doesnt give lady ticket when its clearly not possible to 180 a car and cave in the rear door going 10mph pulling out from a dead stop in a jeep.
>Spend 6 months of my life fighting with her insurance because she wont give them black box data from jeep.
>Finally get her insurance to fuck off and pay for everything from fixing car, my 3 months of retal car, and Diminished value of the car.

Horrible experience from the cops to insurance the who system is a scam. Next time it happens ill make sure that someone dies so the cop is forced to actually do his job.

I'm with this guy. Cops don't give a fuck.

Lol. If the problem is an unclear license plate, instead of enhancing the licence plate number, why not just take a picture of your neighbors license plate and photoshop it into that picture just clear enough to confirm that its them? Then take that as evidence

No, but do you have to be a genious to look at the dent in the fender and look at the trailer hitch in the car in the driveway right in front of the car?

[spoiler] no [/spoiler]

I should become a cop so that i can do no work and be an asshole to people that actually aren't doing anything wrong.

He said the truck hasn't been back to the house after it happened.

Can confirm this. Cops just want to be done with the accident ASAP. I was in a hit and run accident on my motorcycle, and a Jeep (common theme lol) merged into me doing about 45 and knocked me into another car. Jeep ran, nobody around got his license plates, so when a cop got there they said i was at fault for hitting the second car. Cited me for "unsafe speeds for road conditions", even though i and 2 other witnesses all said i was doing the same speed as the surrounding traffic (45). Other witnesses said there was a jeep that was involved, and i said there was a jeep that hit me when the officer on scene was questioning me, but the officer didnt say shit about what i or the other witnesses said about the jeep in his police report.

When i went in to try and change the report (the police logs had what the other witnesses said, but he didnt include those logs in his actual report the insurance companies see), he said that they werent official witness statements, just questions that he asked on the scene, so he couldnt change the conclusion of the report. Officer was a complete ass, 35 minutes late to the appointment that i made with him around his schedule and tried speaking to me like i was 8 years old.

It's shit like this that makes me see why people hate police

>all those mcmansions
lmao

If he's your neighbour why do you need to find out what his plate is from the video?

I would call carpet/flooring contractors in the area. Tell them you nicked a grey Tundra with your FedEx truck and ask if it belongs to anyone at this number. You need to file a company insurance report, even if you can't see any damage. Get his information. Then report for hit and run.

>mcmansions
>normal size houses
LOL poor person please go.

Hostile situations like these are why I ride the bus

He's right, those are McMansions. They're all the same building with slight superficial design differences to make them look different. That same building design is used everywhere - using the same base design means you can use the same set of materials and don't need the builders to be as well trained or knowledgeable in construction. It's literally the same decent quality low cost thing over and over again, hence McMansion.

>normal sized houses
Spotted the poorfag. Normal sized in a nameless flyover state maybe.

if the vid has them backing out of their own driveway in the same exact kind of vehicle they own and hitting your car that should be enough without a plate

all those houses look like they're around 3000 square feet and most likely only have 3 bedrooms. the only reason why anyone would want a house like that is to pretend they are rich.

not to mention that they are all frame houses with brick veneer. if you're going to cheap out on construction cover it in siding instead of using fake brick to pretend to be wealthier than you are.

To make it even more obvious look at the front of the buildings.
>Each house is a mirror of the neighbouring one.
>they all have a narrow one-window room above the garage
>they all have a covered entrance between garage and (living?) room
>the covered entrance has a window above it
>all 1-door 2-car garages
>A bedroom is set-back from the room next to entrance, and directly above it
>all on narrow lots with only a few metres of space between them
>likely have backyards with about the same footprint as the building

The only differences are the roof angles, window positions/designs and the stone or brick facade for the exterior walls; which internally are all plywood, 2x4s and drywall with insulation. These are perfect examples of McMansions.

Weren't you taught NOT to park behind people's driveways

Nobody is ever taught that. Why the fuck would it matter if you're on the other side of the street? Do you only park on one side of the parking lot at the grocery store?

>they are clearly real brick
>rich
>normal construction
What year do you think this is? Those houses aren't pretending to be anything but modern houses. Kill yourself trailer park.

Literally normal construction. They aren't mcmansion idiots.

> which prizes superficial appearance, and sheer size, over quality.
>those houses have no size
>idiots
Lrn what a big house is you poor plebs. My starter home was 2700 sq ft.

>drives a cuckrolla
>Parks on the street

You deserve it OP. Apologize to your neighbors and invite them to fuck your wife.

Wouldn't you just use myCarfax and keep inputting license numbers that are similar to whats in the image till you fond one that matched?

That camera is pretty high res as far as house security cams go. 1080p is pretty much as good as it gets for most cameras. At this point you just need a better quality image.

mcmansionhell.com/101

I think they're just typical ugly suburban "me too" houses that are built from a mold. Boomers will water their pointless lawns until they die.

that's brick veneer, you daft faggot. i have yet to see a single house in a cookie cutter mcmansion neighborhood have actual brick walls.

kek you're retarded.

that's not normal construction, it's poorfag construction. there's also nothing more superficial than having 3000 square feet in a house that has only 3 bedrooms.

not to mention that the cars in that pic speak volumes too. cheap trucks that are never used for actual work, two econoboxes, and some cheapshit suv. the only thing worse than mcmansions are they people that live in them.

What the fuck happened in this thread man

So i posted this in worksafe requests, and this is what i got
Your fucked, go to the cops with the vid

>Here's a screencap of the Tundra nailing it
You want the videos along with your neighbor's written statements (saying the other videos are from them) filed with the police as part of the recorded evidence associated with the hit and run.

It sucks that a lot of police ignore a lot of smaller crimes nowadays unless those crimes are against friends of the police, rich people with clout, or politicians the police need to support. The gulf between haves and have nots gets wider with privileges such as police service too.

There's no conclusive evidence a crime was committed this is definitely more of a civil matter. If OP had gotten the video evidence before filing the police report, the responding officer might have taken the three minutes to knock on the neighbor's door and get the identity of the Tundra driver. "White privilege" or whatever bullshit you're up in arms about is usually more about knowing how things work.

Why are you parking on the street? Surely in a neighborhood like that you'd have a garage, no? Are you one of those fucking idiots who's garage is so full of shit so you have to park outside?

Fuck street parkers.

ITT; Veeky Forums shows exactly what kind of posturing, wannabe nuevo-riche manchildren they are.

>FUCK SUBURBS
>HOW DARE YOU PARK ON THE STREET YOU FILTH
>YOUR CAR MUST MAKE 100HP/L AND HOUSE 250SQFT/BEDROOM
>REEEEEEEEEE POLICE SUCK

Hit and run is a felony, by the way. You can use your gun to stop them from leaving if they try.

You can't polish a turd. Is that the best frame you have from the video?

>Buys a corolla
>Buys ticky tacky house
>Parks on street
>Goes to mongolian picture sharing website instead of police
>Doesn't get a high res security camera

You can do one or two of those things but all of this at once is ridiculous.

slash his tire every month

>what is plausible deniability
Does the video show the suspect inspecting the damage? No? Then no evidence of a crime.

You come out of your house shooting, expect to come under return fire you colossal faggot.

dude the bumper is literally occupying the spot where his headlight should be
are you blind or retarded

Why do people hate on people who park on the street?
There's 4 people in my house with a 1 car driveway, so naturally I have to park on the street.
Do people not understand that driveways/garages have limited space?

>6 cars in the picture
>4 gas guzzlers
>a nigged 350z
merica

Meanwhile in yurop: spend your life savings on some 1.3l diesel Renault Lehomeaux shitbox, get fined 5,000 euros for speeding 1% over the limit and have to take a mandatory Muslim sensitivity training class every month at the person's expense

Odd, everyone with whom I've discussed the topic has referred to cookiecutter homes as "tract housing". I grew up in a place that had tons of tract houses built out in the 60s. Two of my high school friends lived in nearly-identical houses to mine, and another friend had the same house as my next door neighbor.

By contrast, a McMansion is generally understood locally as a home that's too large for its lot. The prototypical examples are beach homes that are built up to 3 floors on postage-stamp lots that are like 30'x30'. Though, within a particular neighborhood, I suppose the term could also apply to a customized house that's overbuilt (size or style wise) and no longer "fits" on the block- sort of the opposite of a cookiecutter/tract house.

Because it makes the street look cluttered and fucked. Then I have to pull over when fucking Linda in her pigfat crossover goes by because most people have zero understanding of depth/distance perception. It also gives retarded ass kids more spots to randomly jump out of while they look down at their phone. Get the hoard of shit out of your garage or park in the back alley.

>It sucks that a lot of police ignore a lot of smaller crimes nowadays unless those crimes are against friends of the police, rich people with clout, or politicians the police need to support. The gulf between haves and have nots gets wider with privileges such as police service too.

Often it's not "preferential" policing so much as it's just a simple matter of resources for the local department/precinct. Police departments that aren't constantly cleaning up after dindus (i.e., in better neighborhoods) are going to have more manpower to allocate to property crimes and other small-time shit.

Of course, that cuts both ways- the same areas are typically going to have stricter traffic enforcement, more "suspicious" stops (shitboxes become cop magnets) and other nuisance policing.

The driver would have to be aware there was an accident to have willfully fled it. I see no evidence proving he was.

>accident thread
>turns into an architecture thread

I live in the suburbs. No garage, no back alley, one car driveway. You didn't even fucking read my post.

>Na the cops really don't do shit in accidents unless someone has to leave in an ambulance.

Not true

>wife parks her Z-3 at work
>comes out with a note on her car
>"some car sideswiped you. got partial plate. white van"
>reported to insurance company. no witnesses, going to have to pay deductible
>go to dealer across street from where my wife works
>ask if I can see camera footage
>guy is nice. finds film from front of dealership that shows car getting sideswiped across from street
>he enhances so we can read the license number
>take copy of footage to local police station and explain the issue
>accident on private property, not police issue
>cop pops dvd in, watches
>runs the number, gets person's info
>gets on phone with me right there
>reads the other driver (assumed to be the driver) the riot act. tells her to come to the station within the hour to avoid hit and run
>got all the info I needed thanks to the cop
>I didn't pay a cent for repairs

Those bullshit neighborhoods suck though. The ones where you don't have a single tree over 10 years old. Shit is depressing. The "I commute 90min each way to work daily because I need my 3000 sq ft house with no character"

Idk. They're not all bad but I grew up in a house built in the 50s with big ass oak trees and maple trees and they were cookie cutter homes back then but over the years people had additions and remodels so it's not nearly as bland and I always hated going to those newer subdivisions.

And why the fuck would you buy a house with more than three bedrooms unless you actually have more than two children?

Mancaves and guest bedrooms tho

Having an extra bedroom to use as an office is really, really useful.

Smash all the windows in their house and don't leave a note.

Not really. How often do you do "office" stuff to warrant an extra room for it? Why not a secretary desk in the living room? Why can't the guests you have once or twice a year sleep on a sofa bed in the living room?

Not him but can you please contain your autism, fucking hell.

I had the spare bedroom as an office and guest room. Had the futon and computer desk in there. Having a desk in the family room or dining room with paperwork all around or trying to do important shit on the computer with somebody watching tv is annoying. And when a guest comes, then you have that asshole sleeping in the family room until 10am and you have to be quiet so you don't wake them up.

If you think these are McMansions you're fucking poor and retarded.

2.5k sqft is not a McMansion rofl.

Fuck you. Veeky Forums is the one place where I don't have to.

That's exactly why secretary desks exist. They fold up and hide your paperwork when not in use, unless you're the kind of person that lets it pile up for years.

>t. never worked a day of construction in my life

They are real brick dummy. They also have a wood frame (like all brick, block, and stone houses)
If you build a structure out of stone/brick you will have to frame the inside so you can insulate it and sheetrock it.
It's not the 16th century.

Fuck you're retarded.

>They also have a wood frame (like all brick, block, and stone houses)
W H A T

Can Americans seriously not build a wall just out of brick?

That will be framed you dumbass...

>europeans not understanding how modern construction works

I've never seen a house being framed, whether before or after construction.

>Americans
>modern construction
You can punch holes through your own doors and into your own walls.

I guess you aren't like me with boxes of paperwork in the closet that may or may not be trash.

I'm not arguing that the extra bedroom is necessary, I'm just saying that it comes in useful. Especially when you live somewhere like Florida where there are no basements to throw an extra couch.

That 1' layer of brick eats away at space and doesn't really serve any purpose. It's not like some motherfucking wolf is going to come and blow our shit down.

Most houses get gutted every 20 years or demolished after 40. Brick is just a pain in the ass to deal with at that point.

this, op

Maybe in the United States of throwaway everythings, but around here houses are built to last. Brick lasts, and with hollow chambers it's also reasonably decent at insulation.

this is poorfag shit dude..
brick on frame construction is modern. it's better insulating and cheaper.
there's literally no reason to use load bearing stone or brick walls.

unless u live in project housing or something

Wow That makes an Amish Colony look like NASA. Even they've learnt to use wood by now. No wonder you guys are stuck in the dark ages driving 50 hp cars.

steel > brick

>there's literally no reason to use load bearing stone or brick walls
Yes, there is. It's called building a house that doesn't have to be torn down when your children are your own age.

ok