>recent modifications and purchases
>miata related questions and answers

What trim is my miata?
miata.net/faq/Miata90-97A3.pdf

More info including buying guide:
miata.net/garage/

Other urls found in this thread:

seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/5900022515.html
topspeedauto.com/mazda-miata-mx5-1-8l-99-05-rear-section-axle-back-exhaust-system/
youtube.com/watch?v=axIW0IFZka4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

early

I like them with no face too

how hard would it be to install pop up head lights if the previous owner removed them?

>removing pop up headlights
for what purpose

Flush mount obviously.

weight reduction, seriously.

now do you have an answer?

flush mount? i dont have any headlights at all. just led bars where the turn indicators are. shit visibility as well

What a piece of shit your car must be

seems like i forgot to turn on my trip, but im sure most of you will know who i am after this post

I wouldnt call it a POS but I dont like the way the previous owner did the pop up delete.

that being said its either spending $900 bucks on jet stream fixed head lights or just buying and re installing pop up headlights. Not really in a rush as I dont plan on driving this during the winter.

Jetstream yo

Guys I'm freaking the fuck out from this missing bbc bolt

It's too big for the diff and it's got an "8" on its head

>freaking out over missing bbc

You must be Swedish.

First miata, won't be the last. Rust in all the usual spots but I've upgraded a few thins since I bought it:

- Koni yellow struts w/ Flyin miata springs and top hats
- hard dog hardcore roll bar
- Sparco Sprint Vs
- Sparco 6-point harness
- Nardi deep corn, 330mm
- NRG quick release hub
- LED cluster gauge upgrade

I've also got a set of Skyline ceramic turbos that need rebuilding, considering boosting it next winter.

Pic when I bought it

>400 mile road trip in 2 weeks
>taking NB
>2500 miles on current full synth oil change

Do I change my oil before the trip? Is there anything else that I should check my car for?

>Tfw I know nine or ten people in the last four years who have had their Miatas broken into/stolen/set on fire
>Tfw someone tried to steal my friend's hardtop
>Tfw they came back like two days later and stripped the car overnight in front of his house and no one claims to have heard or seen anything
>Tfw he had thousands of dollars sunk into it in aftermarket goodies and now they disappeared in the course of five hours
Jesus fucking Christ, the community has become such shit. I still blame it on the influx of Honda converts. Never parking outside the garage ever again.
>Warned him to get a security camera ASAP when he told me someone tried to jack his hardtop
>Tfw he didn't listen

I change mine every 3000 miles. Should be fine.
>anything else that I should check my car for?
Everything? When's the last time the transmission, diff, clutch and brake fluids were changed? How old are the radiator hoses and brake lines?

Who /Aftermarket Steering Wheel/ Here

soon
looking for genuine silver nardi but i can't find any because most people use shitty knock offs

such is life in poland

damn that sucks knock offs really dont compete in quality its immediately easy to tell if one is real or fake.

jfc what state are you guys from?

i didnt know that miatas getting stolen were a thing

Hawaii.

>Pic related
>Stolen
>Burned

>Stolen
>Burned

Well, burned-ish, I guess...

>Engine bae of friend whose car got stripped overnight
Don't have pics of what it looks like now - I dunno if he's going to scrap it or not. Needs a new wiring harness. They snipped shit off it.

Heard about that on his insta, what exactly was stolen?

Looks like a control arm bolt.

that miata was ugly as fuck but Im sorry for your friends lost

Have you put coilovers on recently?
Removing a bolt like that from the front upper wishbone is common when doing the fronts to get the old shock out.

BBC BOLT

No problems, you can run 5k miles without any problems.

I feel highly offended

>He thinks it's less gay to cuddle with a cute girl than having your ass handed to you by a big, strong nigger with a real BBC
KEK

My windshield wipers stopped working when I turned on the heat. They don't work anymore.

I know it's not the wiper motor, because I replaced it and it still didn't work. Can anyone point me to the next logical step? Electric problems are not my forte

>cold as fuck outside
>jump into mah miat
>mfw warm and comfy capsule of joy
>mfw i love my car

Well my miata season is officially over. The snow came down and the salt trucks came out. Took my last drive yesterday night.

>Risk för snöras

>cold as fuck outside
>jump into mah miat
>cold as fuck inside
>remember i have heated seats
>mfw warm and comfy ass
>mfw i love my car

I've had the car for 2 years and yesterday was the first time i used this feature in anger

>Living on the edge

Funny you should post this

I actually woke up to pick related yesterday morning. Fuck theives. I'm just glad they didn't steal my top or break any glass.

Did you have security bolts?

On my hardtop? Yeah

On my wheels? Kind of. I had 3x 17 mm nuts on each wheel and 1x spline drive. Didn't really expect anyone to steal them, they aren't worth a whole lot in their current condition. They were some 14" rpf1s with some curb rash/a minor bend. They just looked flashy I guess.

Retards don't realize 14" rpf1s aren't even worth anything compared to 15"+

pic related is my last pic with these wheels :(

What mods to start with?

6 speed gearbox with either torsen of tochigi-fuji lsd

then some wider wheels
for street use 15x6,5-7,5 is fine, for track use 15x9

>Retards don't realize 14" rpf1s aren't even worth anything compared to 15"+

how much do they cost?

$400 used for 14" without tires
$700-800 used for 15"
$1300-1500 used for 17-18" roughly from what I've seen. Its probably regional though idk.

New car

oh wow didnt realize this board had a miata general, newfag here i have a few retarded questions, sorry for shitting up the board with a pointless thread.

>tldr: i kind of know about cars but not really, want to get a miata for minor track events just to have fun and have a reliable daily driver

found this beauty locally for $1900 with an extra set of tires/rims, is there any reason not to buy this?

i realize with a 1.6 i wont be making too many friends at the track, but i mainly just want a fun car thats cheap to fix.

('91, MX-5, 100K miles)

the owner says the car runs, but the airbag lights blink, which looks like there might be a controller issue? but i think thats only a $100 fix? (and some minor body work needs to be done)

i can potentially throw $2-300 at the car every month.

currently driving a piece of shit '96 mitsu mirage

forgot pic

The extent of my mechanical ability pretty much stops at bleeding brake lines so I'll probably have to skip the first one.

The second I think I can handle. Is FlyinMiata generally considered a good place to shop or nah?

Also, I plan to drive this car through the winter. Will my new wheels be conducive for winter tires?

absolute newbie here with maybe a stupid question

I've noticed the brake fluid line end that connects to the brakes has a small hole
How do i know when i've tighten this up enough so the hole aligns?

I'm also changing my brake fluid. Current fluid is blue, new stuff is orange. Is color mixing alright or do i need to completely flush?

I have absolutely no idea what your first question is. A brake line runs from the master cylinder to the caliper. Is this hole on the line or the caliper?

Assuming you bought the same type of brake fluid (DOT4), then yes, that is fine. Some autists will recommend to bleed the entire system first and start from scratch but that is retarded advice. Just keep adding your new brake fluid and bleeding until the old is completely out. Not only do you not have to introduce air into the system this way, but you actually strengthen your current pressure.

It's DOT3 the orange stuff i'm putting in. Does this mean i've gotta do a complete flush?

I'm talking about the brake line screw that connects to the caliper. It's got a 2 way hole that i'm assuming i have to line up someway. Is it a number of turns thing?? Like i said, it does sound pretty stupid

Just got a hardtop last week :)

I'd take it.

As long as its as good as it sounds in the description. You could even take out the steering wheel/airbag and get a much better wheel for ~$150-200 anyways.

No, you don't have to do a complete flush because you are literally going to pull all the old fluid out anyways during your bleed. You are only temporarily mixing them which is fine. Hell, you can even mix them permanently even if you want. All it will do is equalize the specifications of each type of fluid (mainly boiling point)

Post a picture. I don't know what you're talking about. If you're talking about the circular end of the brake line with the hole on the inside, then no, you don't have to line that up with anything.

thats funny, my co-worker said the same thing.

But i completely forgot about tags, so i need to see if i can pawn my junk on someone for a few hundred first.

if only i didnt smoke cigarettes...

what are the chances of getting pulled over taking it home with old tags :^) (wouldnt daily drive until i had real one)

Thanks mate, that's what i was looking for

you should be able to drive it the same day you buy as long as you have insurance for yourself/car. just show the officer the title and it was bought that day if you get pulled over

oh shit, alright, that makes this a lot eaiser.

step dad (cop) just said make sure the insurance is swapped over like you said, no ones going to give me a ticket if i just drive it directly home... well he at least hopes not heh.

Haha shit have another question
With current circumstances, Since clearly i might have to mix fluid, the fluid i'm draining to get rid of bubbles, is it a bad idea to put it back in?

Little note, the brake line has been open for like a week and a half straight before i got to this point.

seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/5900022515.html

I don't know much about miatas but how much would you price this one at.
It has 214k miles, and the seats got swapped out with stock ones

We're looking for a miata for my girlfriend

>stanced garbage

I wouldnt pay more than $1500 bucks for that.

I hope you and your girlfriend plan on unfucking that cars shit up.

if not find one that isnt so fucked.

From what I've seen it's the internal battery or some shit on the airbag computer that goes bad after 20something years. Not worth fixing imo. Everyone just unplugs the airbag light. Be careful when taking off the gauge hood if you do decide to remove the light. If it's the original cover it's 100% ready to break at any moment. They get brittle as fuck.

If they salt the roads where you live I would not drive your car at all. Looks too clean to have it start rusting to shit. If not but it still snows then just put winter tires on the stock wheel and get good summer tires on whatever wheels you get. 15x8 +20to40 fits good without having to roll fenders and do other shit.

FM is alright and they have almost everything you need there but shop around still. Sometimes their prices are higher than other places. MossMiata is good too but same thing goes for them. MiataRoadster and REV9 Autosport are also good.

When you live in Washington all of the miatas are river out

I called three others that were in great shape but they had been bought already

Flush the whole system in one go. Don't reuse brake fluid, water from the air dissolves into it and will cause a squishy brake pedal

Would painting the removable aluminum parts to a 1.6 jackson racing supercharger deface the value at all?

Talking about a cast aluminum color, nothing with a color or a weird finish to it, just a cast aluminum color?

topspeedauto.com/mazda-miata-mx5-1-8l-99-05-rear-section-axle-back-exhaust-system/
Should I?

>how much would you price this one at.

$500. But the owner probably wants $5k

No get a fujisubo or buddyclub

trans and diff were done about 6000 miles ago and the rad hoses/brake lines are up in the air but I don't think they'll give me any trouble. I don't get any warping or bulges.

There is some uncanny valley shit going on with this miata. Creepy

I bought a really clean stock NA. No rust at all, never been run in the winter, always garaged and winterized.
Now in the salty roads of PA im going to drive it all winter and it sits outside 24/7 because of no garage. I feel bad that im basically killing it.

Got a recurring problem with my 2001 NB. Pic related. It popped up last night while in stop and go traffic on the interstate. Any ideas on what to do? I had my timing belt changed 20k miles ago.

Get it on jackstands and spray a good layer or two of undercoating and you'll keep damage to a minimum. Not on the control arms or any black painted surface but on the under floor, side seams, and the rear fender wells.

Literally same story here, sad.

>Replace valve cover gasket because I'm 95% sure that's why I have an oil leak
>Do everything right
>Pull out of garage to inspect
>Big oil spot
>Pull forward and get out and look underneath
>All I see is one small drop of oil fall
>Don't see any more come out
>mfw
Did I fuck up somehow? I don't see any coming out around the gasket

good lad

so i went to go pick up my miata that i was buying from an 80 year old man, and he didn't want to sell it because he felt too sentimental about it

he can't even drive it anymore

what do?

what the fuck?

what a fucking clown

I understand being sentimental about shit like that but if it isnt being used, id rather sell it and give it to someone that'll put it to use rather it rotting and not being able to drive.

Fuck old people, specifically ones like him.

anyway just tell him you'll take care of it (assuming you will and not stance it)

Befriend him Gran Torino style and get it willed to you when he dies.

hey /MG/ what is the best rim size for a NA miata?

15X8

205s on 15x7s

same here lol. mine came with a brand new soft top too and i walked out yesterday morning to see it covered with snow and ice

this

Depends on how much power you're making, what gen of miata and what your application is. There is no single ideal wheel size.

Watanabe's look great on Miata

Whatever you get, make sure they're light.

>tfw comfy 1400km road trip in miata

I just wish they were more common in 4x100

Ditto, want to have competition? Who's car can rust the fastest?

ND on 15x7? I'm not sure how I feel about this

I want to see 16"

#STANCELYFE
youtube.com/watch?v=axIW0IFZka4