/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
>Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
>Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_v._Masterpiece_Cakeshop
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for /mhg/ a shit.

Third for Stories is better

Do you think when Charlotte poops in the shower she squats and cups the falling poop then 3 pointers it into the toilet like a normal person or just lets it drop down and accumulate around the shower drain before mashing it down the hole with her toes?

I see we're off to a great start.

Is this the Charlotte posting edition?

>tfw no good navi-chan face this week

luna is pretty great but maybe she doesn't belong in the OP

Does anyone actually fucking hunt in this shitpost hell? I swear to god, reddit is better than this absolument tragique meme fest

I want a cute half-monster daughter.

I'll teach her to hunt monsters like I do.

I'm hunting now

What eactly is the "you can post" bit suppose to be from? Is it a reference to something?

>all fire DBs worth a damn in 4U are butt ugly

Hubs up.
Footfag and samefag pls go

There is currently a room up

That's what he always says.

Not fucking typing that shit in

We need MH5. XX isn't going to do much and will probablly die in a month. Nobody wants to start a new file on account of all the shit quests so it'll stay dead.

We need a good console monhun that has had plenty of love and attention put into it to stave off the funposting.

Good games can't fix shit taste.

send all to box option when?!

Where are all these Facebook tier pictures coming from?

>Got bored of Gen halfway through HR
>3U feels bare-bones now, literally unplayable
>All I can think about was the great time I had with 4U, all those 980hrs of pure, unfiltered fun and the hunts I was blessed to take part with fellow anons from /mhg/.

I honestly can't wait for XX, I just want to lose myself in a sparkling new MH, make good memories again and fill this void that 4U left inside me.

Years ago inf Frontier.

I never really liked that guy but I miss 24/7 hosting already...

What's that one for?

You can transfer your save

How come people have so much faith for MH5 after all that has happened? Reminder that all of 4th gen are shit.

Probably something to do with gay homo faggots crying about cake

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_v._Masterpiece_Cakeshop

What's your point? There won't be anybody starting a new file in XX like all those that did in 4U.

Everyone is going to stick to their main file get bored and not play any more. XX will be dead in a month.

oh yeah im sure a monster hunter game will die in a month, were you the guy posting when gen first came out that it would be dead within a month?

...but I like Raths DB

yeah instead it died in two months

4u was the pinnacle of the series if it didnt have vertical combat

as soon as they stop with the gimmicks MH will be good again

Do you mean mounting or climbing? Because there's no vertical combat.

having things on different vertical leevls is vertical combat
also prowler not being able to aim in the age fo vertical combat is retarded and someone needs to be fired

No it's not. Platforms have always been in MH and you were always been able to shoot monsters from these platforms. MH4 added attacking while you fall from jumping (also was there from the beginning) and mounting.

I miss no vertical combat. Ledges sneaking up on you during combat are deadlier than charging rhenoplosses or bullfangos ever fucking were. "Oh, you wanted to dodge that attack? Tough shit, faggot, you're jumping and helpless now."

Fuck ledges. Fuck vertical combat.

said platforms were never prominent outside of non-combat areas
the main combat zone was always flat or on a light slope

you are retarded, MH did not have levels that are fucking sloped in ways that make it incredibly difficult to hit with some weapons, or levels where you LITERALLY CAN NOT ROLL WITHOUT JUMPING OFF ONE OF THE HUNDREDS OF MINI LEDGES

Oh yeah don't get me started on the fucking slope.
>stun a rath
>it falls down with its head in the fucking ground because of the slope

Where there are platforms, like the first area in the snow mountain level, you can shoot from on top of them. You cannot melee, but you still cannot in MH4.

When you are on a slope, the plane which you are standing on are also sloped. You're probably talking about camera being hard to see because of the slope, because attacks can still easily connect.

There's nothing wrong with ledges and slopes. The problem is that Capcom half assed it and implemented it poorly.
Shit like and not being able to quick aim with weapons like the IG/Bow is just bad game development.

That literally never happens

the monsters flailing awkwardly on slops is such and easy fix as well
add to the flail animation trigger method, shifting the monster's z axis by a few degrees dependent on the slope, perhaps by using the heights at the head and tail of the monster to find the slope

Why are you posting in a general about a game you obviously never player?

remove all 4th gen maps, bring back all 3rd gen maps and no slopes/ledges, 2nd gen maps can stay

>give jumps I frames on the fall after the apex
>i frames don't trigger when attacking
fixed

Remember when in FU the camera zooms out to tell you you are near a wall? Yeah good times.

>apex
Please give trigger warnings before using words like this, friend.

Some mons like garuga get their neck twisted when theres terrain in the way. Why couldnt they do the same on a rath thats down.

Its a common as a bullfanfi charging from downtown. Sure its a bit annoying on the spot, but not a major flaw in the gameplay.

apex was good, shitter

Yes, everyone enjoyed Apex Diablos. :^)

Diablos and Tidal Najarala being terrible Apex has nothing to do with Apex being a good mechanic.

>remove best gen maps, bring back all worst gen maps
????????????????????????????????????????????

>"bounce everywhere" is a good mechanic
>force use of special whetstones because sharpening is the best part of any fight

see

>Ledges sneaking up on you
ledges don't move
learn the map
git gud

see

read the 4u guide shitter
drive is a crutch

>he's so shit that he can't hit specific weakpoints only

Apex fucking up kinsect was NOT ok.

The only time ledges were a problem for me were in GQs. Are you people who complain about ledges the same fucks that fight where the monster goes instead of luring it in a manageable area? Almost as bad as people who fight near zone exits and whine when the worst happens.

I love a mechanic that makes anything besides GS, IG, and ranged obsolete.

sure its easy to connect attacks, but try playing a weapon in which vertical position is very imporant.

basically play any gunner weapon and fight a monster in area 2 of dunes, and you will realize why "vertical combat" is objectively bad

I love it because it clears out shitters like you.

What's your TA for solo 140 Rajang?

13 mins

Bumping with an epic victory for Chameleos. This day shall be remembered in history!

I'm playing MH4U, can someone tell me what the purpose of the torch is?

to trap newbies and shitters into thinking it has a purpose

it attracts bugs

And scares small monsters away.

Scares Jaggi away

I don't get it, what's the point of Guild Quests?

Like what happens if I level up my Velocidrome quest to 140?

read the 4u guide

You do guild quests for relic weapons that can potentially surpass crafted options. Some weapon classes have it easier whilst it's much harder to get a good relic for others.

I still haven't gotten a competent GS relic yet

Should we try to meme magic a western pc Monster Hunter?

dauntless is as close as we are ever going to get. if anything we should give them our energy

We meme magicked ebola and trump; a pc monster hunter is nothing

>4u was the pinnacle of the series
Yeah if you use GS maybe

Shitters who use inferior weapons don't even deserve to play in the endgame.
End yourself.

Doesn't anyone know how to get dik4?

>memories of urouge and his gunlance shitting up 140 jho rooms come flooding back

The primary issue with Gen is honestly just that you have WAY TOO MUCH defense.
The highest defense piece in Gen, fully upgraded, has 142 defense. Top tier relic armor in 4U went up to 160. MH4 relic armor capped out at 124. 3U armor ended at 120.

They literally just had to actually make the defense values fit a fucking high rank game, instead of letting you get within spitting distance of 140 gear.

Is there any point to Akantor weapons?

Like I'm going to bounce off everything.

minds eye
sharpness +2
bludgeoner
Crit + 2

gg no re

you only bounce on things white also bounces off off.

>yfw g rank will see 180-200 def max per piece

>while monsters hit for less than 4U
I actually like how XX looks but this is something that will make or break the game.

not to mention shit like absolute evasion/readiness exist

They just need to raise those to medium level or higher charge time.

>Hyper Jho