Y nobody talk bout wagnog midnit

Y nobody talk bout wagnog midnit

Cause unlike Initial D it's boring as shit until a bit before halfway through the series when it starts to really get interesting. No one watches past the first few episodes.

Can confirm, watched the first 2 and the left it there.

Because it's not Initial D.
It has the cooler main car by a wide margin though.

Shit waifus

ayyy LMAO

I think it's because Veeky Forums is more about touge than 1320video highway racing. Its plot is just as bad as initial D, but a lot of it is pulled straight from real life. The Blackbird is actually a real Mid Night car, driven by a doctor who had a famous rivalry with a Z, that exists to this day. Most of the other cars, like the GT-Rs and the Testarossa, are also based on real Mid Night cars. It's pretty damn cool imo

tfw ur car was never in intial D

Wait so wangan midnight is a take on midnight club?

Why is the writing so shit then plot makes no sense

>Why is the writing so shit then plot makes no sense
idk. like the end of the first season i think where they crash but ltierally nothing is said they he crases the Z but the whole show takes a different route because he crasghed but how teh fuck am i meant to know like wtf

Stupid fuck crashes like 50 times
They should call this anime "trust fund babbies drive recklessly and cause damage on public highways"

nah man, the owner of the blackbird is a doctor.

the devil z owner, Akio, works like 3 jobs and is permanently flunking highschool. The car is supposedly cursed, that's why its crashed all the time.

kek, its not only americans that cant drive

Bullshit, in the anime they describe the background of Akio's parents. They're fucking affluent and pay all his rent and life expenses guaranteed, but not his car. Also what kind of retard repeats to recklessly speed on the highway with his retarded friends? It's like saying, as an American, lel ima drop out at 18 cuz daddy's paying rent so I can do 40 rolls down the highway in my "built" c5 vette

Also blackbird guys dad owns the hospital and probably paid his every step through med school and got him his job.

Also the fucking horsepower figures are so arbitrary. 500 600 700 800 whatever mang well just call scarface the tuner and he'll slap a bigger turbo on it or something fuck details

Also good luck finding a translated version of the manga. The Anime has only ever been fan-subbed. The arcade game hasn't seen the latest version in the US since 3DX (that means 3DX+, 4, 4DX (I assume), 5, and now 5DX) are not in the US.. However vanilla 5 (not 5DX) should be released in the US within the next 6 months.

The anime didn't catch on as much here because it starts off really slow because it's trying to set up story and introduce characters, and Akio is pretty shit at the beginning, has a crap car, can't drive for shit, etc.. whereas Takumi in Initial D starts out the series as pretty much god of the touge so it just focuses on challenging battles. Also Wangan is set over the course of years (kinda sorta), as each time he crashes it would be months before he gets the car fixed back up.
Freeway racing is also considered to be more boring and less talent involved, however while yes it may be slightly more boring as far as action goes, and it's not easy to go and watch without an equally fast car to keep up, from a mechanical and talent standpoint it's just as complicated, just not in the same areas as touge or drifting.

It's based on the real Midnight Club, not the video game. The real Midnight Club was a group of street racers in Japan that required your car to meet X qualifications in order to be accepted, and they were not really so much a club as a loose affiliation, but basically you had to be able to go really fast on the freeway, and keep your mouth shut about what was going on and when.

The anime is badly paced because by the time it was made there was nearly 20 years of source material to work with, and some live action movies in the early/mid 90s but it didn't translate well into an anime where they tried to speed through the early boring parts where Akio was a noob without missing the important bits. Whereas Initial D anime had been going for some time so was better able to pace along with the manga.

Ah I get it. Basically it has a solid fanbase from the Manga and the anime butchered it, so it's not representative of the series as a whole.

Sorta like live action initial d

Dude that was Initial D where they dudes dad owned the hospital. In Wangan he (blackbird - Tatsuya) was a surgeon who spent all his money on his car instead of buying a big house or getting a girlfriend.

Also Akio's dad and mom divorced and plenty of divorced parents dote on their kids. Even then he still basically lives in a tiny place and works at least 2 jobs to feed his habit. If you continue to follow the story, you'll realize why he doesn't care about school, he plans to stick with racing for life, and will probably some day open a garage or some shit like many of the other former racers in the series did. Even in real life, people use rounded off hp figures alot of the time when talking about high horsepower figures, and when you're not dyno tuning the shit, they may not know the exact number, just kinda around where it is. And Jun Kitami (scarface) is important because he was a professional racer that built cars for others to fund his racing and gave fuck all about safety as long as it went fast, so when everyone else is like "dude that shit's not safe, I ain't getting sued, can't do that", you go to the only guy willing to fix your shit up to be super fast and probably a death trap.

Basically.

The arcade game is decent though.

And the waifus in Wangan are decent, you got hot model chick that likes to drive fast, and you got hot barely legal daughter of tuning shop owner who can rebuild a motor on her own without help, and also dabbles in racing but is more of a mechanic than a racer.

Bruh they all look the same

I guess they all kinda look the same in initial d too tho..

Watched the whole thing, dont remember much apart from the theme tune

Watching it right now. Don't really dig all the pathos, but I least I learned to appreciate cars built for maximum speed (as opposed to cornering) more. And I like that it has some character stuff, like struggling between family and cars. But overall, it's not terribly interesting.
I can try reading the manga, but it's 42 fucking volumes.

>42
M8 that's like nothing

Not really. I usually read like 10 volume manga that gets ended early because it's some stupid bullshit.

>1320video highway racing

Not really. What made the "racing" interesting was the lack of organization and the fact that they have essentially zero fucks about traffic and just drove forever finding people to play with. It also involved braking and corners which required the cars to be more balanced than roll racing burger-spec cars

>Blackbird was a real life Doctor

No he wasn't. Story goes that he dropped out of medical school to become a used car salesman to be closer to his hobby. The "Devil Z" was the Air Breathing Research demo car driven by the shop owner's son (it was also an S130 with the original L28ET block real life, the car in the story was a first gen S30 with an engine swap out of a Gloria/Cedric/Laural since the only L28s sold in Z cars were fuel injected). It's true they had a rivalry though. The writer of Wangan Midnight personally knew ABR's owner and likely Blackbird IIRC.

I saw around 8 episodes and just had to stop

The show is awful, bad character design, bad pacing, characters feel souless, and boring. And im not talking about dagumi boring im talking about the characters literally feel robotic.

Also its extremely repetitive.

Its nothing like Initial D at all, it actually makes you appreciate how great Initial D was and how hard it is to replicate a show like it.

its a good study in how important filmmaking is to make fictional racing (or really any kind of action) exciting on a screen.

I need her other photos with that Z

for god sakes man!

that dirty windshield ruins it :(

Fuck off normie