/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

It's about to get hot edition

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ drawfriend galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Official News & Known Issues
New Mid-Season Reinforcements patch on the 15th.
Livestream link description now says 15th instead of 13th.
youtube.com/watch?v=bA36gkJrTZw
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Season 4 - Operation Red Crow is out. Patch 5.1 Live.
youtube.com/watch?v=12hNVzz4CYY
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/redcrow/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1522714-Patch-Notes-Update-5-1
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-11-21-2016

Matchmaking Error:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JaEWJVWiWMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=kFP8AF_GiVM
youtube.com/watch?v=3glxLWVkbSs
youtube.com/watch?v=ciPu4DnKBuM
youtube.com/watch?v=0azhi_w8AD0
youtube.com/watch?v=twQlpFrm5iM
youtube.com/watch?v=6Sosfh60448
youtube.com/watch?v=ueF5O7eyYjU
youtube.com/watch?v=87Cn6iX4rYU
youtube.com/watch?v=iCyuRHx510Y
youtube.com/watch?v=0I4WMARNYIc
youtube.com/watch?v=VlLKVYPblos
youtu.be/Q65KZIqay4E
youtu.be/WkCU7S7GK-8
youtube.com/watch?v=_EVKy35L7MM
fanfiction.net/s/12093288/2/Behind-the-Mask
youtu.be/rzIFFKb_tU0
youtube.com/watch?v=kEvbbHiS6rQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for female hostage waifu

So how would you want Ubisoft to send off Siege after Year Two?

I'm thinking after Year Two, they announce one last operator team, for free, for everyone on the 2 year anniversary

Operator Team: CIA
Attacking Operator: Ding Chavez
Defending Operator: John Clark

Post yfw that happens.

>Defending Operator
>Not Bill Wilson

I would love for them to work on r6 siege 2 thats more prepared to last for a long amount of time, becoming a new esport/competitive title like cs.

mute's fucking pistol is better than his mp5k

They'd obviously do that, hopefully before Vivendi buys them out. But I want Ubisoft to give Siege a proper goodbye and thank the fans for sticking around

pls no esports

its been an esport since a bit after release, and they've been balancing for pro league for a long time, retard.

We have been fine without focusing so hard on it

alright which one of you is this

reposting my OC because I got zero (you)s

but they've been focusing on it for a while now, pro league is real popular now and they've clearly been balancing for it like with blackbeard nerfs.

How do I Castle? Where's the best place to set up the panels (windows, or doors)

>Veeky Forums_c00kie

That's either you or a guy who browsed /b/ once and thinks he's edgy.
Both are faggots who should stay on Reddit.

2007-2011

Windows on any site where they wrap around or an objective or allow a lot of pressure to be put onto the point defenders, and it's almost necessary to have a mute to make them harder to get through and potentially prevent Fuze from abusing them.

Doorways only if they cut off a flank that's not useful to roamers, or the opposite side of the door can be flanked while they attempt to breach it by a roamer. Never use it to block off a one-way choke, because really you're just giving the Attackers free access to the area up to said choke in that situation. The best doorways to block are ones that create a new choke rather than blocking one.

>permalink
>embed
>save
>Having a reddit account

okay ill post this again

Riot Shield melee class yay or nay?

Quit posting this disgusting filth

>Never use it to block off a one-way choke, because really you're just giving the Attackers free access to the area up to said choke in that situation.

I've been bitched out/tk'd multiple times for tearing down some retarded castles wall because they were too brain dead to follow this simple rule.

>tfw friends are so bad i do better solo queuing

>tfw friends are so good i do better solo queuing

>tfw have no friends

youtube.com/watch?v=JaEWJVWiWMQ

As we wait for patch notes

I play music for operatin

With the extended melee range baton, tear gas (3?), see-through shield and 2/2 stats you mentioned last thread he sounds like he'd probably be a lot of fun. Not a meta changer but I'd play him. Especially if he had the option of flashes/breaches as his secondary gadgets. Also how would the tear gas work? Insane blurring of the screen, almost to flashbang levels of blindness, with no effect on friendlies. Much more transparent smoke as well, with a unique color. Intense, constant coughing when under the effects that would give away enemy position would be interesting too, for pin-pointing enemy locations when flushing out side-rooms and objectives.

>tfw waiting for GROM

youtube.com/watch?v=kFP8AF_GiVM

Tear gas mostly something like echos drone effect I have been under the effects of tear gas and it does make you not see shit

on something slightly related

post operator's theme songs
i'll start

smoke: youtube.com/watch?v=3glxLWVkbSs

:(

Sledge

youtube.com/watch?v=ciPu4DnKBuM

Blackbeard

youtube.com/watch?v=0azhi_w8AD0

Blackbeard

youtube.com/watch?v=twQlpFrm5iM

Ech: youtube.com/watch?v=6Sosfh60448

Hanabi: youtube.com/watch?v=ueF5O7eyYjU

Jager:

youtube.com/watch?v=87Cn6iX4rYU

youtube.com/watch?v=iCyuRHx510Y

Bandit

Montagne and all the other GIGN

youtube.com/watch?v=0I4WMARNYIc

So when Echo hits an Attack with the drone pulse, is it supposed to give some kind of indicator that it landed? More every time I've fired it at someone, they don't seem to react, even when it's placed directly over their heads in something like Plane

Blitz
youtube.com/watch?v=VlLKVYPblos

The only indicator is the enemy grabbing his head.
Yes, I know user, the Yokai is bugged to shit. Welcome to siege.

Oh I forgot, I think there's also the thing on the right that tells you "you get this many points for stunning the guy"

>at least someone is having a good time in here
Thatcher is actually a really jolly person.

WRONG

youtu.be/Q65KZIqay4E

I'm not surprised that a scotsman can throw things far.

is capitao's LMG any good

im just buying him because he's ash with an actual ability and lmg

It's usable but the PARA is better.

the para is good, m249 is good if you're shit at aiming

>3 speed op spriting around with m249
Thx for destroying my immersion ubi.

>makarov does more damage than a PKP
one strong sanic hue destroys your immersion, and not the absolute horrendous mechanics?

DIS UPDATE
>Bandit "buff" is laughable but appreciated
>Glaz buff may be amazing or may be nothing at all
>Fuze for some reason is now maybe really OP because they not only basically doubled the damage range on his pucks, but gave him a third charge to use
>BB nerfed on both ADS (It was already pretty slow Ubisoft) and shield health (60, down from 150, which was down from 800)
>Tachanka gets his much needed buff - but Ubisoft literally embroiders it with a reddit meme that looks out of place
>the "LORD" text in Cyrillic would have been better as a charm but WHATEVER UBISOFT PANDER TO FUCKING REDDIT
>Shield users getting increased resistance to explosive damage - have no idea what this will mean for Shield users. With Ubisofts track record, nothing.

>No buff to Castle
>No buff to IQ

Guess we gotta wait two more months for a meaningful patch?

To be fair nitro cells are shield users' biggest problem. So extra resistance to them should help them a lot.

That too, didn't feel like listing everything.

fuze still fat fuck slow

if you let a fuze put down a cluster in the room you're in you're probably deaf or retarded anyway

castle does not need a buff
he just needs better players playing him

"lighting changes"

don't forget that

wish they would fix melee

If you want to be fair here, the stopping power meme comes into play. If you have a bullet traveling too fast, it's simply going to make a really, super clean hole right through you. If you have a somewhat slower round that also happens to be hollow point (a lot of units, especially western police, use hollow point rounds in pistols), that round is going to expand and fuck up your insides.

So it's entirely believable in some respects - you don't have AP 9mm anyways so it would totally make sense to have those fuckers be followpoint rounds.

Included is a pic. The 7.62 round included isn't the same as what the PKP shoots, but notice how the actual bullet is a similar size to the 9mm. One is going to cut through you like a surgical knife, and the other is going to explode and go every direction inside your body

The lord thing isn't a big deal. There is no reason to care so much.
>but i gotta be mad about reddit
No you don't.

Because of Battlefield 1 I've started using iron sights in all fps. In siege it is actually very satisfying to use iron sights. Am I retarded or can you be good with iron sights

>have bulletproof barricades
>anything that isn't bullets can break it.

Doesn't it cut off vision below the gun too much? I never liked using iron sights in this game because of it.

especially since no one will know what it means unless they run it through google translate to begin with

It's not stopping power that matters, it's velocity.
54R is going a fuckload faster, therefore will exhibit yaw and disrupt much more of the soft bits that we're made of.
9x18 is slow even for a pistol round, because it's going in an unlocked blowback action. It exhibits far less penetration and terminal effect.
I keep a loaded Mak with some Hornady 95 gr XTP bullets as my car gun.
No way does that shit even approach a full house rifle round.

Yeah you can't see anything below

We have absolutely no idea what this means tho. It could just be they take less damage (instead of death they have 10HP), or they are almost a hard counter to Nitrocells... But now that shield users arms take torso damage, how hard is it really going to be to finish them off?

I saw Fuze numbers posted somewhere but I won't quote them until patch day, but it looks like his radius is close to doubled (which means quadruple the cubic area of additional death or damage) - But yeah he's fat and in higher level play he's not going to be as good, but he basically now has a noobnuke. Why both boost the damage range and give him another charge? It's a double buff. Making him 2A/2A would have been good, but I guess they are afraid of making him a spicy shield user like old school FBI Recruit.

>Ever believing Ubisoft when they talk about changing the lighting

It is asthetically stupid on the shield. It just actually looks bad where it is all. If it were better placed I'd probably autism less about it.

>lighting changes
Can we expect a serious overhaul?
Thatcher, cut the lights!

post YFW shitbeard is kill

It also means you have to get real fucking close to do anything about it.

Pic related

I mean we can go talk to the experts, but you are just starting to echo the common /k/-isms right now. If you want we can meet up, buy some ballistic gel, get a high speed camera, and do a full ballistics test on FMJ vs JHP from pistols up to the juiciest rifles.

But the believe the round will overpenetrate and transfer less energy than a simple hollowpoint - BUT FUCK IT

This game crashes so fucking much on Xbone holy shit.

And it only does it like exclusively in Ranked.

In practice, 65hp is still going to block 2-5 bullets with damage falloff. It's not going to change anything. ADS time is useless when you're already supposed to be aimed in 90% of the time. You're still going to cut off angles, and win gunfights when they shoot 2 bullets into your shield and you shoot 2 bullets into their head.

Tachanka and Blackbeard are concepts that need to removed from the game - they're only either going to be useless or overpowered. How did they even get off the drawing board in the first place?

>games crash on consoles

This is news to me.

>This game crashes so fucking much on Xbone holy shit.

Since when do games crash on console?

Whats the point of a console then if you have to deal with PC issues?

til games can crash on console

Back when I played CS for a bit I used an aim target map for learning to aim better. I'll probably get better just by playing, but anything in Siege that will get me quick improvements like that did?

New Tachanka makes sense from an academic standpoint - and with the new patch we'll see how it works out. The stationary guy can basically become an unkillable pillbox from the front, but can be flanked from the side, above or below if you are already aware of where he is - or avoided entirely by simply going another route. Moving his turret and setting up a new rapezone takes a lot of time, especially since he's so fat.

In essence, the *threat* of Tachanka being where he is what he is going to do. You will force attackers to take a detour where you are more prepared and fortified. And if the attackers do go another way? He can hop off the turret and join the fight.

On paper it works great. Blackbeard, however, never "worked" from a gameplay or even a realism standpoint. You have an attacker that really has no downside - he can turn any window into his own personal executive suite from which he can not be killed. He can peek corners with impunity. He can basically do anything he wants without fear of getting punished in the conventional ways. Blackbeards biggest weakness is that shitters also like to play as him (queue Blackbeard_Players.webm)

And the contrast of having a mobile dude with an unbreakable shield, yet giving the guy with the stationary turret 0 protection, was only making the contrast much more severe.

New Tachanka makes perfect sense in Rainbow Six Siege. A Defender that actually can defend a point or block off a route. Will Ubisoft make him worth playing? I fucking doubt it. Look at how long it took them to even bother trying to fix him in the first place.

You guys dont understand this isant like the old plug n play 360/PS3 era.

>pc issues
since consoles are just big corp proprietary PCs which you can't mod

Id say I was a big console fag had a 360 are the new ones just basically that now? So like do console games have graphic option settings now or something?

> battlefield 1

>any games I don't play and like are shit
Yeah, I'm startin to think Jager is /ourguy/ after all.

it's like the acog tunnel vision but you don't get anything from it

youtu.be/WkCU7S7GK-8

Buck

Autism in a post

Weird thing is that it's only Seige that crashes.

> defending battlefield 1

Blitz
youtube.com/watch?v=_EVKy35L7MM

>Ver shül danne henneki uz yunnar

>not enjoying video games

Why not just type "I'm a faggot" user?

Im bored and there was a funny part where Fuze said he to go somewhere when Glaz mentioned Beslan.

fanfiction.net/s/12093288/2/Behind-the-Mask

youtu.be/rzIFFKb_tU0

Don't even play it. It's more that I'm not enough of a hyper autist to feel the need to bash anything that I don't personally enjoy.
Inb4 >b-but is objectively inferior game!

>It also means you have to get real fucking close to do anything about it.
or just play ash like 100% of attacker teams already do, or just throw grenades

Ash's Theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=kEvbbHiS6rQ

WE

Im honestly more pissed about white turks desu

>Posts in a general for a "modern" shooter where CTU's are wearing inaccurate gear, inaccurate gun and using unrealistic devices, some of which simply don't exist
>Complaining about the accuracy of another game for having black peoples

Weak.