/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #632 - Ice Skating Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

amtrax.tumblr.com/post/154197516335/okay-so-salssaloon-did-pretty-much-the-funniest
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've been meaning to look into it because I do kinda really want to frame it. It looks good, even if it's not 100% matched due to printing cutoffs and whatnot.

You gotta take the good with the not so good user. I'd gladly buy a duff crossover if it means they're around to make good issues later.

it is a really nice cover. One of the reasons I picked up the whole thing.

I want 2016 to be over.

I need more game information.

>No Mania updates until 2017, only know 3 zones
>Literally no Project 2017 updates at all since July
wew

>implying this isn't the hardest xx zone boss

>I'd gladly buy a duff crossover if it means they're around to make good issues later.
They sure are taking a long time to get back to making good issues again.

Depending on how long Mania is, I can understand them not wanting to give too much away.

I can't imagine them showing off much Project 2017 until Mania is out.

Ain't coming any time soon. FF arc will probably tie into Lost World somehow, then 300 will be the finale of Lost World (The main issues after Feb will be Lost World), and then it's time for Mania

Guys I had the weirdest dream
>Buying a used copy of 06 for some reason
>Penders is the cashier
>distraught the spine of the cover is ripped
>offers to fetch a new one
>only one left is one recovered from a crime scene of a murder
>literally has a flashback of seeing dead body
>stumbles into the alleyway and starts to cry in the rain
>still no one to ring me up
>wake up
What the FUCK does that mean?

fast

Well they said longer than Generations, so we can (assume) at least 9 zones with 2 acts each.
>Green Hill Zone
>Studiopolis Zone
>Mirage Saloon Zone
>??? Sonic 2 level
>??? Sonic 3 level
>??? Sonic & Knuckles level
>??? Sonic CD level
>Original level
>Original level

It's been said a million times that there's not gonna be a LW arc.

Fish for (You)'s another way.

Your dreams are weird, like everyone's.

Writers can change their minds whenever. Besides, have you read the reboot? It started with a game adaptation, then interrupted itself with another game adaptation and a crossover, then continued to adapt the game. And then right after? Adapting 4 games. This has been the last 3 years. Why would it suddenly not be adapting games in the main book

The CD level better be Wacky Workbench.

I want them to fix it.

what did he mean by this

I dunno, I've had weirder ones. I won't give too many details unless you want them, but it involved Dr. Finivetus using his mad balloon-animal making skills to fool Sonic and Tails into releasing the Dark Gaia Moray.

Egg in a box

>tfw no Project 2017 news since the anniversary party, when it was first revealed
>tfw we don't even have a name

I hope they go full fucking out for Project 2017.

>I dunno, I've had weirder ones. I won't give too many details unless you want them, but it involved Dr. Finivetus using his mad balloon-animal making skills to fool Sonic and Tails into releasing the Dark Gaia Moray.
That sounds fucking amazing

I hope so too, especially if they got more time to develop it than usual. It could be really fucking good.

What if Project 2017 becomes Project 2018?

Dr. Finivetus as a clown when?

We tell them to go fast

>that black panel flooring
I'm really glad you're still around. I worry with some of the other drawfags disappearing so suddenly.

Ironically, rushing Sonic Team is a very bad thing.

That was only one of Fini's diabolical plans that my subconscious decided to cook up that night. The other was even weirder, and it only made "sense" because my knowledge of Pender's enchiladas is rusty; specifically, I somehow got Dr. Finivetus and Dimitri confused. Details available if you're interested.

I'm really interested now, only if for the hilarious shit that could come of it.

I like the cute little Sonic in the back

I'm really fucking tired of losing so many good people. Sometimes I wish we could go somewhere better.

I would legitimately like for Vanilla to come back and get some character beyond "Cream's nice mom." Doesn't need to be more than a supporting role, but some indication of what she does for a living, maybe helping Sonic and gang out in an NPC way. Like maybe she's a businesswoman and is able to feed Sonic some info about one of Eggman's shell companies.

You realize drawfags could still be here, they're just not drawing, right?

t. drawfag

Alright, you asked for it. I'll do it in greentext.
PART 1
>Tails is mowing a nondescript lawn using a John Deere riding mower [guess where that detail came from]
>starts running out of gas, heads to a garage to refuel
>Dr. Fini is there for some reason, offers to help Tails refuel the lawnmower on one condition
>Tails has to cut off Fini's head and put it in a fishbowl [this is where I got Doc Fini and Dimitri confused]
>ends abruptly because dream logic
Part 2 coming up depending on interest.

Yes, but come on. This place has been a mess for some time.

I've considered leaving the general a few times, not because of the general itself, but Rule 8 prevents me from explaining why.

interest

Good. i dont want a rushed mess.

>recognised by my floor
I don't know if I should be flattered or creeped out. No wait, this is /sthg/ I can be both! Nah it's good user, I'm not going anywhere. It's just like said. I've been busy with a bunch of shit. Little time to post but I am about. Between christmas, working with the archie online guys, opening commissions, potentially hosting some sega radio show thing and trying to help out a buddy with a game project I'm a little tied up. But I am around. Have a thing as proof!

This really is one of the better places, but I am curious where everyone is and what they're up to. I was in a Yoto stream a while back and I see him about but I hope everyone is just busy with christmas and nothing bad is going on for them.

Alright, now it becomes Project 2019.

OK, fine.
PART 2
>Sonic and Tails are in a level that's a mix between Final Egg and Torvus Bog Hydrodynamo Station [guess what games I was playing earlier]
>Sonic and Tails see a giant purple crystal in the center of the chamber and Dr. Finivetus frozen in a similar crystal off to the side
>A pair of female enchiladas are frozen in with Fini and are eyeing him disapprovingly; F looks embarrassed and frightened
>"Well, might as well unfreeze him and figure out what happened!"
>Sonic and Tails explore the level and find some macguffins, then return to Fini
>Dr. Finivetus is freed, thanks Sonic and Tails, then pops the two enchilada wimmins
>Turns out they were balloon animals that he made; he then froze himself in a crystal with them and used himself as bait
>Giant purple crystal in the center of the chamber shatters, reveals Dark Gaia Moray
>Cue boss fight
That's what dreams are made of, folks. Obviously, I doubt balloon animals aren't in Dr. Finivetus' repertoire, but I bet Boom Eggman would use a trick like that.

Now that I think about it, if Project 2017 really did have as long a development time as we all hope, they're probably never going to recoup their costs, are they?

>Obviously, I doubt balloon animals aren't in Dr. Finivetus' repertoire, but I bet Boom Eggman would use a trick like that.
You never know. I mean, perhaps that was his ace in the hole

That's one angry hedgie.

You're vastly overestimating development costs. It's not going to be GTA V or some shit like that. The most expensive parts, beyond advertising and executive bonuses, will be if they make a whole bunch of Unleashed-size boost stages, which frankly would be dumb.

I complemented how striking it was in a pic you posted last winter I think, back when I believe you were working on the Stage Signpost for your balcony garden. Sorry if I come off as stalker-ish, I've just been here a long time and I remember the darnedest things. Still, it's wonderful to know you're still with us.

A roll call isn't a bad idea. If you feel like it, speak up!

Development costs aren't cheap, and we're talking about several years of development time.

Good point. He was a pretty clever guy. Shame we'll never see him again, but considering the Pendering trimmed off a lot of fat, it's an acceptable loss. I imagine some other villain will take his role as Knuckles' archenemy.

I still don't know where I got the balloon animals thing though. MGSV's decoys? Hell if I know. It's been a few months since I had those dreams, but I took notes and I remember them relatively vividly.

I haven't been around long, but I've posted a bit of art for this general

>I still don't know where I got the balloon animals thing though. MGSV's decoys? Hell if I know. It's been a few months since I had those dreams, but I took notes and I remember them relatively vividly.
From this sentence alone I just got Big Boss teaching Finitevus how to make balloon animals and this needs to happen now

What's he so happy about?

who is the best sonic expy?

Metal? Shadow? Scourge? Shard? Someone else?

Shard

You! He's happy about you!

Your shirt!

GAHH!

Shard reminds me of Sonic the most and he's one of my favorites, so him I guess.

perhaps penders being the cashier to you buying sonic 06 has something to do with it being a shitty written game. and how the dead body was a warning to never play 06 agian

Kek.

amtrax.tumblr.com/post/154197516335/okay-so-salssaloon-did-pretty-much-the-funniest

whoever requested that Eggman Bees picture awhile back is indirectly responsible for this

I'm going to say Scourge simply because he was the most developed. Metal is just a robotic doppelganger, Shadow is more his own character now instead of just an expy, and while Shard was interesting he didn't get as much of a chance to be developed due to the reboot cutting everything too short.

>Metal? Shadow? Scourge? Shard?
Who would win if they all fought?

Well, since scourge is literally a sonic, who has defeated metal (by extension shard) and shadow before, Scourge would porbably win

Nice, hope you stick around.

I probably will. Drawing sonic characters is an easy way to help practice my digital art

Now I want to hear that guy that came here a couple of times and did a really great interpretation of Eggman do it.

Here's the thing though, Shard beat Metal too, and Shard also beat Sonic at one point. Scourge beat what could be called Metal 2.0, when Shard is 2.5. He may not beat Scourge, but he'll give him one hell of a hard time, especially if he can goad him into being reckless

Sally made Cookies!

No matter who would win, it would've been a hype fight to see if it ever could've happened.

Keep it up, user.

That's me, right? I'll do it tomorrow, along with that "We Are Eggman Number One" parody I was planning on doing.

Sonic would be watching in the background and munching on popcorn to see who would be the ultimate faker.

>ultimate faker awards

shadow thinks he's the judge. ends up being a participant.

I think we've found a story here lads.

Who are the judges?

Jesus, why is everything with Sonic's body bigger than his head? It's supposed to be the other way around.

Do you chuckle like Sonic?

The cookie shrunk his head.

I chuckle like Knuckles.

He don't chuckle.

my Gex plush was almost twice that

amy and eggman

delet this

Does that mean Sonic himself is in the contest?

That's a snicker.

sonic wouldn't be allowed to judge his own faker. He'd just pick whoever is coolest. Amy would pick someone with all his bad traits to keep him humble.
Sally would pick someone with similar qualities and try and be objective.

Eggman would probably be biased since he made metal though. And metal is his love letter to sonic.

How tragic.

he never got to tap that
hell even if there wasnt a reboot it was heavily implied he was gonna die

post more based Eggman

He wasn't going to die.

>Shadow is edgy = bad.
>Eggman is edgy = good.
Explain this.

There's a difference, and it comes down to execution. Shadow wielding a realistic machine gun is ridiculous and it was dumb in execution. This was good in execution and isn't too far out of line for someone like Eggman