Where should I work next?

Where should I work next?

How about a dealership as a mechanic and not a cuck parts guy

Not an overly respectable job in the first place (parts store, that is), but NAPA. Fewer dumbfucks going around

>How about a dealership as a mechanic and not a cuck parts guy

>dealership mechanic
>not a cuck

>making 10$ or less an hour versus 15$+ an hour or making flat rate hours

Who's the fuck again?

Meant cuck but I guess it works

Hey dot forget commission. That's separate.

The guy busting his ass off on warranty work trying to hit 40 while the smug parts guy sits comfortably on his chair smirking at you.

My brother is 16 and looking for a job to do in highschool. Would AutoZone or Napa be good for him you think?

Yeah if they hire minors
Still make double their pay if not more even on slow days.

I'm never working at a dealer. We do 90% commercial, and the wage reflects that, so it's not as bad as Advance was. Also my main money maker is working at a bar, so doing part time and getting hella parts discounts is really nice

Unless he's fucking masterful at cars he won't get hired. Napa is hard to say because all of them are private and so they can vary a lot. Autozone and Advance are very corporate and super gay cause of that. Tell him to get a job as a dishwasher or barback. It'll keep him honest and generally it's under the table.

I don't think either will hire. He might have luck at a garage or shop cleaning up/ fetching parts tools etc.

I don't think anyplace is really going to hire a minor though.

At Advance if you're under 21 you can't drive company trucks so that's already a reason to not hire you too

>not being a parts guy at a dealership
Being a tech/advisor is for fucking chumps m8. Enjoy losing all love for working on cars.

no mechanic or parts person is allowed to sit while they work

you gotta stand

Parts guys in my department all have stools, and I pace the warehouse because I like it better than sitting. I literally do nothing on mondays. Literally. All day. It's fucking glorious.

Seriously, warehouse monkey = best entry position period. Work for a locally owned dealer, and NEVER a BHPH.

I have a stool at NAPA, who's the chump now. I like talking cars and shit but wrenching on hondas all day would be awful in my mind. I'm plenty happy with 30 hours of parts and working at a bar making more than I ever could in parts at my age.

>is for chumps
>Still happy he makes less than me
Sucks to sucks man

>keep him honest
>under the table.

what did he mean by this?

What I mean is

Keep him honest
It's a shitty demeaning job, it makes you appreciate a nice work place when you finally get there.

Under the table
Paid in cash to avoid taxes. Generally what you do when you're paying a kid $9/hr to wash dishes for one summer.

*slightly
I make three quarters what you do on one quarter of the work. Not just that, but I live like I'm 19 so my expenses are all dirt cheap, this time next decade I'll be retired on a series of rental properties and you'll still be yanking out Takata bombs from steering wheels.

No I really don't think you make even that much. I mean, if you live with your parents that's tight bro.
>yanking out takata bombs
Your right. Airbags pay 1.9 where I'm at and can do them in .7 to 1.0 you know how flat rate works right?

Neither of them hire if you are under 18.

it was a meme you dip

What? All the parts guys at the dealership I worked at had stools and sat on their ass all day.

Heckin got me m9