Lore: dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35923
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic simulator: dotaloadout.com/
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 analysis: datdota.com/
DOTA 2 analysis: dotametrics.wordpress.com/
Personal statistics: dotabuff.com/
Personal statistics#2: opendota.com/ (formerly yasp.co)
Hero stats: devilesk.com/dota2/heroes/herodata/
Hero and DPS calculator: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/hero-calculator/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/136tr1/how_to_get_the_old_hud_back/
geekcosmos.com/what-is-vulkan-how-to-enable-it-on-dota-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Before I waste my MMR, has anyone given Venomancer a try?

So how do I win as Timber? I always do well in lane and get a decent KDA but I always seem to lose, so I feel like maybe i'm not making enough of a mid-game impact?

How do we fix the meme king?

i mean if you can get to 25 you can never lose a game

meant to reply to you

Eh this is still technically true, even with League aspects, Dota 2 is still the more sophisticated and complex game. I'll start whining when they get rid of denying and stacking.

This game is over
PPD saw what was coming and jumped ship just in time

nth for fuTA

Are you just fucking around 1v5 and doing zero damage to buildings like the average timber player or are you building necronomicon to take rax and win the game while you do that instead?

reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/136tr1/how_to_get_the_old_hud_back/

we did it reddit

>Enemy team has MK, LC and 3 other carries
>pick razor
gg ez

Big feminine benis arcana when?

BIG PENISES ARE NOT FEMININE

S T I L L N O T F I X E D
T
I
L
L

N
O
T

F
I
X
E
D

They effectively nerfed stacking into the ground

Helm is a garbage waste of a slot now and creep camps only spawn every 2 minutes.

how big is TA? asking for a friend

does am aghs and linkens stack

>200MB update

WHAT IS THIS?

You fuckers just go outside until everything settles for the new patch.

>but muh practice

Taking a break makes you good to, your brain needs to settle the information to. Dont be a retard.

WHY DO I HAVE TO GO TO FUCKING REDDIT JUST TO LEARN WHAT THE 250 MB PATCH IS FUCK YOU VALVE

>Reddit the version

Just kill me now.

I'm all for this UI change for new people but can't dumb old people like me keep the old hub and stuff I mean no one will complain if you can have BOTH options

>"new UI is good, you just complain for no reason"
>valve had to fix it in 1 day
fucking valve cocksuckers

how do i freaging win!?

>6.57 + .43
>my cores aren't even level 15 by 20 minutes
made me think to be frank

>slark scepter gives his entire team his invis ult which can't be seen through via gem or dust or sentries or even fountain vision

what the fuck is icefag thinking?

beins

its pretty bad aghs desu

>Slark building scepter
nice meme

So if Dota 2 is dead does this mean we get to go back to HoN?

I liked HoN, announcer was better and they made fun things.

>Valve releases patch
>in the middle of a tier99 tourney
>which was paused for 30mins already anyway
Peruvians aren't the ones killing the game. It's a combined effort.

kil their throne before they kill yours, easy

h-hey guys remember me?

WCA is an trainwreck, jesus

bigger than yours, so she can laugh at how pathetic you are.

They fucking removed the ability to see what cosmetic items other players have are you fucking kidding me that's the dumbest shit to remove

So what other ASSFAGGOTS have you played dotards?
I played 1 game of LeL before I started dota, the pay-to-win system was the reason why I started to play dota instead, 4k hours played by now

why can't they just give the old hub back, new players can have the new one but the old one.. why not keep it like they kept legacy keys????????????????????

So like, where do I find my own created hero builds? They don't show up as default for me anymore nor do I see them in the list

>support slark is now a thing
>am has broken scepter
>monkey can kill anyone in 4 hits
>WK ulty stacks
>+6 treants
Has the frog gone too far?

Your own builds user? That's haram, you'll build what valve tells you to build.

This patch is actually so dogshit

Talents are extremely poorly balanced and all the "fun" ones like triple arrow are at level 25

>be Lotus Orb + Aghs antimage
>They both trigger at the same time
>Dota crashed

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Explain the WK ulty thing please.

Who is the main character of Dota?

even watching streamers hurts my eyes now

Crystal Maiden

pudge

performance patch fucking when

Peter 'ppd' Dager

>moonduck defending peruvians for fixing matches due to them being poor
what the fuck.

Tried league once, it was too bushy for me to handle.

Played a bit of DotA back in the day didn't really care for it, liked HoN a fair bit when that came around, wish I played it more, got SUPER into LoL for a long time because that's where my friends were, once Dota 2 came out I played it with a smaller circle of friends, HotS has pretty much always been a solo thing when I'm in the mood for it, these days Dota 2 and HotS are the only ones I'll play.

do you use vulkan?

can't fool me, not going to give moonduck my view shiller

It varies from chapter to chapter, but Drow Ranger is generally considered the most central protagonist of the DotA series.

i have tried -dx11, -gl and -vulkan. the fps stays the same.

No idea but we had to kill him 6 times in a team fight after we killed everyone else, without aegis
Dude from team told me his ulty can stack now

Anyone else's client keep crashing since the most recent update?

What type of buffs do you think arc warden will inevitably get? Icefrog has shat on him too much and he needs something now

>old ui
>click not me
>everything stays the same and I can easily click my hotkey to go back to my hero info

>new ui
>click not me
>stupid tiny box shows up out of nowhere and I have to parse all the info in the little box
>clicking my hero hotkey doesn't make it go away until I left click the screen somewhere

please tell me there is a way to turn this off it's so fucking annoying I can handle the rest of this shit UI for now but I can't deal with this

esc

Yes, settings -> options -> right side, slightly down and theres the "override hero console" or something.

>any answer beside secret shop guy.

2k16 dotards

nigga just check the options next time

Monkey King's arcana is shit for its price.

his new ult cd is 40seconds at lvl 3, add to it octameme and it might be the reason why it happened.

options > interface > check Unit query overrides hero control console

now enjoy your hub expanding or minimizing when clicking heroes with less or more spells

they ruined the game by removing turn rates and everybody but me is too shit to notice even though everyone agrees the game just feels off

>Shopkeeper talks when you go near him

So whats the preffered build on mankey kang

I figure max dindu bang first for the damage. The stun afterwords for fights the then the leap for the extra damage and slow when getting picks.

Then for items, phase deso sny and what ever else is needes like skadi bkn mkb etc

Give it another day user. It just came out yesterday, it happened the same when reborn came out.

>dota_select_hero_npc_dota_hero_monkey_king
>fuck you user I'm gonna go carry and steal your lane
>no worries family I'll go support
>oov wards lace
>jump to enemy lane via trees to see who went on our lane
>initiate with the slow skill when my carry got his stun
>dead
>repeat but now I got jingu and Q
>we dominate lane and snowball
>proceed to go carry
>win
no matter what role you go with WE WUZ you still win the game

thank you

>nerf his attack range
>rescale his pounce attack range
>give his passive an expiry time

That's all Monkey Dik needs and he'll be fine.

Unless your shit at him. Some dumbasses cant win with literal free mmr the monkey

PUT YOUR LANING IN THE BAG AND NOBODY GETS HURT
-VALVA

Played dota since guinsoo dota, icefrog was a lord and a saint how he saved the mod.

I really wanted to get HON when it came out, but league pushed for open beta sooner and faggots tried to get me to play guinsoo's new game, I immediately hated it, its art style, its slow as fuck movement and boring ass abilities, so I went back to dota.

Then I played HON up until 3.0 when S2 went full $JEW and copy pasted the league of legends model, going free 2 play, and destroying the pub scene by flooding games with new players who could only play 6 heroes instead of actaully being able to pick and counter pick based on any sense of metagame, so I quit and went back to dota 1, but Dota 1 was taken over by stat tracker bots who made pubbing cancerous, so I played in tourneys for a while.

Then dota 2 came back and saved the pub scene, except every #NEWMETA patch that came out since the Wraith King patch has slowly been ruining any sense of depth dota once had by adding in meme items, forcing a specific metagame by nerfing strategies into the ground until it finally hit the epitome of "We want the HOTS/League of Legends audience" with 7.00, the game plays like its -em, building items is no longer about picking what you need based on your enemies and allies, but rather, on what is meta, and the game is entirely devolved into a League of Legends style Farm for 20 minutes then push to win or lose meta.

All in all, I guess I need to find another game that scratches my itch for games with lots of depth and choices.

Blink is core, the tree hopping+blink allow you to cover insane amount of distance,

How long will Monkey King be meta?
He's great.

>monkey king is literally a walking Q bot after 15 minutes

>Tree dance
>Can still cast Boundless Strike without being knocked off or revealing you

W E W
E
W

Rofl.
Don't sleep on it. I was expecting him to unfuck Clockwerk, Earth Spirit and Tusk. Didn't happen.

To be fair hes squishu as fuck and any hero that kills trees will fuck his day up. Its the trade off for having so much kill potential. Hes not very good at crowd control either. No his skills arent enough, his cool down on his stun makes him useless with out cc heroes and his ult is only really good at killing as little targets as possible

>Click other heroes in old UI
>Can see their hats
>Can't do anymore
Seems counterproductive Valve

He is a glasscannon user. You only need to destroy the tree he is up and then he is an easy target. 4 sec stun, i only know a stun longer than that and is a max ranged Mirana arrow

add -high
What's vulkan

me

my penis

>lan going on
>no english streams on twitch
>wca
>shit teams
>chink dota

how do you find the nigger without a hero with flying vision built in?

It's that thing /g/ pumps off at the sight of because muh FOSS

I think if there were more plentiful means to take out trees, any balance issues would be solved outright. At the moment you just have a handful of heroes that can destroy trees, and a few items.

Or alternatively, longer cooldown on treehopping, given the items used to cut down trees don't have as gracious of a cooldown period.

Theres so many heroes that fuck him

Timber at the highest

Batrider
Beastmaster
Natures
Pudge
Any one with dot

People will learn to counter him eventually

>add -high
doesn't improve anything. i even tried setting the priority from high to real time using process hacker. no dice. the problem is that the game is not using all of the available resources, that's something only valve can fix.

>What's vulkan
geekcosmos.com/what-is-vulkan-how-to-enable-it-on-dota-2/

Played League around 2013. --Actually-- enjoyed playing it, but it was just some brainless gaming. I didn't care for any of the optimization shit or the builds or whatever. Just go in, play and kill some time. But then a friend of mine was moving migrating to a different country so we had to find a game we could play (since LoL was Garena in my country) and then he suggested Dota. From then on, I never looked back.