Meet the new 2017 Suzuki Ignis

The tiniest SUV from Suzuki.

Yes, I call it an SUV because it is available with an AWD system.

Okay, it's actually classified as a 'Compact Crossover'.

Other urls found in this thread:

suzuki.co.uk/cars/cars/new/swift/swift/swift-4x4
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Suzuki makes EXTREMELY lightweight cars for their class so I'm OK with this. Looks cool too.

The standard SZ3 model gets six airbags, air conditioning, DAB radio with Bluetooth, 15-inch wheels, body coloured door mirrors, front electric windows and five seat capacity.

The SZT gets the satellite navigation, rear view camera, 16-inch alloy wheels, roof rails, wheel arch extensions and four seat capacity with individually sliding rear seats.

The SZ5 adds auto air conditioning, Dual Camera Brake Support, keyless entry and start, rear electric windows, LED Headlghts with DRL and front foglamps.

It has a 1.2L dualjet Engine.
>Fuel injected.

Ayyy
I was wondering if you would be back. I enjoy these

>Fuel injected
wow stop the presses

There is also a hybrid system in this car and it seems rather complicated so here's the full explanation.

"Available on the SZ5 manual model, the SHVS mild hybrid is a compact and lightweight unit that incorporates an Integrated Starter Generator (known as ISG) which acts as both a generator and starter motor, the ISG is belt driven and assists the engine during vehicle take off and acceleration and also generates electricity through regenerative braking.

The SHVS system only uses its conventional engine starter motor when first started from cold, under all other conditions it uses the ISG unit to allow smooth and quiet engine restarts.

The energy assistance provided during acceleration enables the SHVS to be known as a mild hybrid system which is ideally suited to a compact car and adds just 6.2kg to the overall weight. In the new Suzuki Ignis the SHVS system helps Suzuki reach a top class CO2 emissions figure of 97g/km plus achieve a fuel consumption figure of 65.7mpg on the EC combined cycle for the 2WD model."

>Ditching the rear driven wheels and the hybrid’s power system brings the weight of the Ignis down from a hardly portly 920kg to a seriously impressive 855kg.

Based Suzuki

>he SHVS mild hybrid is a compact and lightweight unit that incorporates an Integrated Starter Generator (known as ISG) which acts as both a generator and starter motor, the ISG is belt driven and assists the engine during vehicle take off and acceleration and also generates electricity through regenerative braking.
so it's basically pic related

Looks like a cervo

Thanks bud :)

Fun Fact : It has a safety feature that utilizes it's two cameras underneath the side mirrors and it makes the car stop by itself when it detects that it's nearing an object dangerously closer.

The same both cameras also reads road signs, road lanes and fucking shit.

Look pic for explanation.

>AWD car that still weighs less than 1000kg
Impressive. Sure, it's absolutely tiny, but I have no problem with tiny lightweight AWD cars.

I felt that too!

>Suzuki built a mini-Regera
Fukken sweet.

tiny AWD cars have a special place in my heart

AND HERE's THE INTERIOR!

Looks cool at the front, back is sort of hideous. Really cool that its so light.

>they actually prioritized this trash over an updated Jimny
S U Z U C U C K
U
Z
U
C
U
C
K

>simple
>clean
>ipad stuck to the dash
...God damn it, everything was going so well.

Sort of offtopic but is the Suzuki Swift any good? Theres a few of them for under 3000€ here and they look decent.

Yes. Especially the Sport is a great little car.

I'm not going to be surprised if the Jimny goes out the same way the Land Rover Defender has gone and the G-Wagon is going to go

EU is getting bitchy with cars being grandfathered and not going through modern pedestrian crash testing

The Sport is a very nice warm hatch

Just to add a fact. Although already said by an user here.

The kerb wight on the Ignis can vary from 880kgs – 920kgs depending upon the options you chose.

I actually kind off want it now. Also OP these threads are great. Keep it coming!

As long as I'm here. :D

Holy shit that is frickin cool.

Does have a bad rep though. Ive gotten lots of "granny car" comments from friends that ive asked the same question.

Rebirth of the samurai and tracker?

I wouldn't say so, and I live in a town that has the 27th highest average age in the UK

Looks like it would be cool as fuck with 20" wheels and a few more inches of ground clearance.
Those rear blindspots seem pretty bad though.

Over all pretty cool. Remove the rear seats and it would be an awesome road trip vehicle.

Holy shit do I see live axle there?

Yes, I call it an SUV because it is available with an AWD system.

If that is your standard well this would actually the smallest suzuki SUV

suzuki.co.uk/cars/cars/new/swift/swift/swift-4x4

Note the rear diff.

We actually have a couple of these, civic 4x4s and so on in my country.

>EXTREMELY lightweight for their class
>SX4 4WD
>2990lbs

Sure

I'm not sure why it needs 4x4
The UK doesn't really get much snow and I doubt that they're marketing that towards off-road enthusiasts

I guess it might be appealing if you live in the Lake District or somewhere high up and you get a lot of snow but don't want to drive a big car

My mistake actually. The ignis is shorter by 100mm and thinner by 5mm

It looks cool but I doubt this means that Suzuki is going to re-enter the American automotive market with this.

Probably not. Maybe Chevy will sell an uglier reskin of it though.

The rear looks like it comes rear-ended from the factory.

Hopefully they'll bring it here. I'm tired of seeing 20 million Jeep Renegaydes running around every day

With the diff placed that low, it seems very useless.

I had a 2007 Swift and the transmission went to shit at 120k km. Don't do it.

Why change what is perfect?

>Looks like it would be cool as fuck with 20" wheels and a few more inches of ground clearance.
lmao you want to donk a suzuki? wtf is wrong with you

No I want something that can handle driving down a trail without bottoming out.

>Not putting jatanabes or japanese vintage aero wheels

What is wrong with you.

Suzuki a CUTE.

*watanabes

20s will never fit with those wheel wells

>20" wheels
>on a trail

nigga, what?

Are Suzuki and Mazda the only good manufacturers left?

Why does this look better than the abortion that everyone else is putting out in the small car market?

Suzuki a SHIT.

Its actually a small car and no progressive design faggotry.

Rear engine Twingo is pretty nice too.

no, look at those fucking proportions. its utter shit.

remember when wheel arches went all the way to the top?

>shitty car looks gay af
>Veeky Forums goes crazy over it
Figures

yeah!

It's way too fucking tall.

Would look so cute as planted as fuck little shitbox.

9001 hours in MS Pain

Not gonna lie, I'd drive the fuck out of that.

FUCK YEAH SUZUKI

me too, especially with the rear engine+rwd setup.
on top 10k price tag when new.

Not feeling Renaults cleft lip design. Toyota also stole that cleft lip design from them presumably because it was the worst design they could find at the time

At least it has buttons.

who the actual fuck cares about Suzuki other than squids?

Everyone who isn't a fag.
t; not you

is this new samurai?

Probably not. Would be a financial disaster since merchants fear them

The leading arms are actually lower.

It is not that much less ground clearance than you average cross over. Park up a Kia Sportage next to it and you wonder why you would ever bother with the Kia aside from the "look".

Not that I am defending it for my interests but they do have their niche in really snowy areas with high traffic that turns snow into mush.

>The UK doesn't really get much snow

There are other places in the world. Note that in the photo it is not even right hand drive.

I didn't even look at the picture, I just looked at the link and assumed you were a Bong like me

You're just mad the suzuki is stylish AF.

I didn't even look at the link myself. Didn't know it was a UK site.

I want Suckisucki to succeed and become a big player.
Would be a nice change.

Suzuki is truly the small car company.
If they make a little offroad oriented vehicle it can actually do so

They used to advertise this way in Australia in case anyone is wondering.
Google has no answers surprisingly. It's uncool to call yourself the "small car company" everywhere else seemingly

Meh, it's not a Jimny. I wish they'd bring the Jimny to the USA, then I'd replace pic related.

Got u senpai

this looks like it was made in 2000s from the back

Most new cars have this.

You can get most of those in a fucking luxury car and this all seems for a stupid low price. I think Suzuki is offering a great value here.

You have the samurai. Which is a Jimny. Just not a recent model.

>X lander

Everytime I see that shit I always forget that Americans call an "xx (ecks) a "cross"

ive never heard anyone do that

t. burger