freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

snekdev.itch.io/ugly?secret=0OPWL9ClJOTdneGiV56MzmjBEI
poptartica0.itch.io/roguest
youtu.be/wwPLnFs63cU
youtu.be/7vJDPsd80f4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lolidev did literally nothing wrong

Today I made this abstract population simulation. Right now its essentially a toy, but I'll be developing it further.

I'd appreciate if anyone plays it and gives feedback! I really don't know what direction to take the gameplay.

snekdev.itch.io/ugly?secret=0OPWL9ClJOTdneGiV56MzmjBEI

THERE MUST BE SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHERE I CAN FIND THIS GAME

Have old unrelated agdg pic.

What games still need a ohayou edit?

blorth for apathetic nihilism

you and that depressionfag from last thread

make a game about it

Everything has already been done. There's nothing unique anymore.

I've been gone for a while, making a Carmen Sandiego clone with a couple of additional gameplay mechanics now. Anyone care to recommend reading material for game UI design?

Good job user, looks pretty comfy and it's satisfying to see them grow.

What are the rules? Is it like the game of life where if you have too many dots nearby they die of starvation and things like that?
Oh, please bind Application.Quit(); to Esc or something, I'm on a Mac and I can't alt+f4.

Tender arms, Ctesiphon, and also this guy:

there is no grid, actually. they try to reproduce N times, then die. when they attempt to reproduce, they check to see if there is an open space, if it's open a new one is spawned there. corpses take up space, so setting "decay" to high can reduce the rate that the species expands.

all the sliders are parameters for this algo.

sorry about quitting, I assumed that mac had an alt-f4 equivalent

>UI reading

>try to keep the UI to a minimum. if possible put everything on one screen, until its too much, then split it into as few screens as possible
>try to have the UI always in the same place on the screen, OR integrate it into the scene, so it hovers near the relevant objects

it's been a long time since I;ve played a CS game, is it possible to bind 100% of the actions to keyboard? that's a nice addition.

nice art btw, are you a 1ma?

>he's making a 3d game
lol

Trying to do some graphics and better obstacle spawning.
I'm almost at the same level of features as the original game so I'm hoping to spend next week developing some additional ones.

I tried to do it like this, I think I did last year too. I can totally see how that works in the real world, but in a game world, particles fly out when you're going fast. I find that it feels unintuitive to have it as a slow down effect.

Hey, how should I be lighting my level.

Pic related is what I have currently. I have one directional light and bunch of point lights which can be seen within screenshot. I want to remove the directional light - since I want this level to be during night time. And I want to illuminate everything I need with point lights - which would essentially embody the colorful billboards, streetlights and lit windows.

Problem is that my level is pretty huge and default point lights only illuminate the most immediate area around themselves. How can I make lights that make walls, buildings and shit and stuff visible and won't just shimmer like mini-suns.

Have you tried spawning obstacles in clusters/ small fixed patterns?

Goddammit aggy daggy I missed the recap again. I'm never here on monday. I wish there was like a submission system or something for it.

>it's skifree but cute

Mine. But I don't really post here enough because people get sick of me posting progress (as shown in the past), so it's not surprising.

this guy

idea guy here

game where you start out at peak strength and get progressively weaker and more feeble as time goes on and if you don't accomplish your goals by a certain age you might as well kill yourself

>sorry about quitting, I assumed that mac had an alt-f4 equivalent
It does, CMD+Q, but it still annoys me as it seems like a forced quit. It's not a necessary thing it's just that most people's first action when trying to quit a game is to press ESC.

Thanks for the keyboard suggestion, I'm thinking about touch screen compatibility but binding it to keys would be no effort at all so I'll do that too.

1MA, the art is not polished yet, it's going to be lowpoly but I will probably replace all those models with similar ones with more detail and better materials.

Pepe, no! It'll be okay as long as you keep doing your best!

How about a very low intensity ambient light?

>people get sick of me posting progress
YOU CAN NEVER POST TOO MUCH PROGRESS

it doesn't matter where you take things from, but where you take them to, etc etc

Should I just take the left hand out of this? I do that sort of motion if I'm doing quick stabs in succession IRL, but it doesn't seem to translate well to a first person animation.

That's a really good idea.

Anybody here sold anything on itch.io?
Is that a big platform? Do people actually buy games there?

Actually you can. Many yesdevs have gotten driven out of here because every time they'd post anything it'd ensue a shitstorm and shit up the thread. This is one of the many reasons yesdevs move away from affiliating with AGDG altogether, and why I've sort of distanced myself too. I'd rather not ruin a perfectly good through just by posting progress.

It does look a bit weird, so you should remove it

i haven't seen that happen a single time within last few months

>Many yesdevs have gotten driven out of here because every time they'd post anything it'd ensue a shitstorm and shit up the thread.
source poster is not a yesdev, he is not even a nodev - he is an extremely dedicated shitposter
and those yesdevs who have been a subject to bullying, have usually given a reason for it by being faggots or smth

>This is one of the many reasons yesdevs move away from affiliating with AGDG altogether, and why I've sort of distanced myself too. I'd rather not ruin a perfectly good through just by posting progress.
Oh, you are just being a faggot. Nevermind then.

is there a gamedev forum without all the animaymays and pedoposters?

reddit

Perhaps things have changed then, but I've seen plenty over the years.

I'm a faggot for not wanting said retarded shitposter(s) to ruin the thread with 40+ samefagged posts every time I post anything at all? I'm sorry I give a shit about you and everyone else in here, bro.

there is a fuckload of frogposters here so this thread should appeal to you as is

Changed it a bit, still not sure.
If you have any idea how to make it better instead of removing it I'm definitely open to ideas.

Hey, is anyone here good with vertex shaders?
One of my objects renders weirdly, and I really don't want to add another uniform just to be able to control the factor by which object size falls off with distance.

>I'm a faggot for not wanting said retarded shitposter(s) to ruin the thread with 40+ samefagged posts every time I post anything at all?
So, you were the source poster afterall then?
I think you have earned your (you)'s with your inventive sneakiness this time.

>encountered my first situation where I actually need maths to do something

How is your progress today?

I've made a simple enemy mesh and made animations for hit reaction from various sides. Simple hitbox based attack system is there.

Tricky part will be implementing some sort of navigation system for AI. Since my terrain is runtime generated I can't use default unitys prebaked one. If I won't come up with anything better, a simple system with manualy placed waypoints should work.

I'm doing this thing for teaching high school kids
but currently the only thing I can teach them is 'don't use unity's built in shit'
unfortunately the alternative to that can't be taught in an hour lesson

I think the issue is it's practically covering the knife, which is supposed to be the focus
Might be better if the left hand was further left and down a bit, out of the way

I'm actually not even aware what "source poster" is to be honest. I'm not inhabiting these threads 24/7 anymore. I've seen the name dropped but it must be something from after I stopped coming for a while.

I'd play christmas souls

Well, I don't know if these counts as "a reason" to be bullied, but here's some example which comes to mind:
- There's the shitposter who says Clarent has stolen assets
- Boku is always bullied for some reason
- Dumpling girl dev got shit because he mentioned once that the OC was inspired by his gf or something
- There's that rogue like with pink-purple colors, where the dev felt bad for others confused his game with other rogue likes, and other rogue likes with his game

Dumpling has not been seen since DDX, if I'm correct, purple rogue dev has not been seen since Spring, Boku retreated to Discord and just occasionally posts here. Only Clarent dev stayed strong. He has fucking balls, just like his main character.

So maybe you are right: grow some balls. Yesdev everyone to death.

I reached the end of what the best WebGL tutorials I could find cover, which basically means I'm fucked now because despite my maths being correct some bugs have crept into the code which those tutorials never accounted for.

I blame their maths being wrong, I checked mine.

>wondering why my code isn't running properly

>turns out % can mean either modulus or remainder depending on the language

I don't really know what to say, pal.
People leave because their ego gets a slight scratch? That is just weak.

Remember WebM related? Turning pages? I got meme'd a bit, yet I am still here.
Its just part of the local culture - don't come here if you can't take a bit of banter.

working on more text stuff. It's still a little buggy but it's got most of the features I want
Just need to do a little more then the player can make a contract with a lich skull and start raising the dead

>There's the shitposter who says Clarent has stolen assets
this is a decent point since all these progress posts here have mostly wip content and it should be obvious that some shit is placeholders. i have to admit i haven't exactly seen the first occurrence of that, but it's safe to assume it's someone who is either jelly or being ironic doing it. still, for every shitposting thunder memer, there is a dozen fans who are genuinely interested in clarent and two fanartists to make it up for it.
>Boku is always bullied for some reason
i'd hardly call his presence on discord "retreat" and you would know it if you had actually seen him on discord
>Dumpling girl dev got shit because he mentioned once that the OC was inspired by his gf or something
literally anyone would've caused a shitstorm for posting stuff like that and how much of a yesdev only changes the scale of said shitstorm. these boards are well known for being dumping grounds for ironic and unironic "tfw no gf" alike and stuff like that is bound to bait out some of these reactions. also, shitposters gave up completely after a while anyway.
>There's that rogue like with pink-purple colors, where the dev felt bad for others confused his game with other rogue likes, and other rogue likes with his game
this doesn't seem to have anything to do with posting too much progress from one dev to be honest.

>purple rogue dev has not been seen since Spring
I have no idea what you're talking about - the purple thing was a one time mockup of alternative colors, made prior to the clone game.

is this bait?
modulus is remainder user

Platformer TBS

it's not, they behave differently for negative numbers

my mistake, I forgot about that
to me that usually means just adding the divisor to the amount to be modulo'd (but that's within the context of iterating back/forward through indexes where there can never be an extreme negative, so that might not be what you need)

Ah, I'm happy to see you. Haven't seen you lately.

What would make more money easily:
>3D sonic rip off
>Jet Set Radio rip off
>Spyro rip off
>Megaman Legends rip off

how about you make something original that hasn been made 100 times before

you probably have seen me multiple times
just with a different game

Taking ideas down from people for an inventory system, I've got part of what I'll do, I might make it basic, but as said, doing some type of pocket tetris would be ideal, I'm thinking something basic maybe, if you ever played stranded deep that has a max inventory of 8 and you can click and drag things, that interaction seams to be all the meme nowadays.

>Dumpling girl dev got shit because he mentioned once that the OC was inspired by his gf or something
I'm not saying it's right to bully but he should have seen that coming

>3D sonic rip off
If you get a popular furry artist on board, easy money
>Jet Set Radio rip off
If you got one of the original team on board, sure
>Spyro rip off
Probably not considering how close YL is to coming out
>Megaman Legends rip off
People might be wary thanks to that MML ripoff attempted by the MN9 dude

NO!
Its pretty rare for anything to be original anyway, most things are directive of something else
plus you don't get many games like, jsr, spyro or mml

I was referring to this:
poptartica0.itch.io/roguest

>> Recap Mondays
>homph.com/recap
>
>> AGDG Games On Steam
>homph.com/steam
>
>> Engines
>tools.aggydaggy.com/engines
>
>> Models/art/textures/sprites
>opengameart.org
>blender-models.com
>mayang.com/textures
>
>> Free audio
>freesound.org/browse
>incompetech.com/music
>freemusicarchive.org

tools.aggydaggy.com already covers these links.

maybe gamedev is not for you?

give me your opinions

Whats YL?

>literal game idea thief

Your shitpost last thread already covered this issue.

yooka laylee, or however it's spelled
It's going to be hard to attract attention for a nostalgic 3d platformer in the wake of the literal Banjo Kazooie team mopping the floor with everyone else

Multiplayer Jet Set Radio clone would be goat

looks like comfy jam will be in january
lets get comfortable mina-san

Been done

>megaman legends
>been made 100 times before

I wish.

Looks ok to me senpai.

That sword ought to mess them up a lot more.

Transparency on the text background would make sense here. I like the dialog and the timing though.

also here's a gameplay webm because i haven't done one for a few days

>take a break for a couple days
>come back
>forget how everything works

GUESS IT'S TIME TO START OVER FROM SCRATCH AGAIN

It's a little hard to read when it gets busy. Like what is friendly and what's not. Also I like the new glow effect but the little dot in the staff doesn't look bright/substantial enough to be giving off a significant amount of light.

I agree it does get busy. The original plan was outlines for your dudes but the only way I can find to do it is with surfaces and I don't have enough patience for surfaces after fucking around with them for a week on my main game

Here.

tyvm

>tfw no middle-aged asian man to inspire you every time you feel like quitting

>did your best
hahahahaha

>ever doing my best
nigga i barely finished school cus i'm so lazy

what makes me think i'm ever gonna finish my game?....

Today's mood.

youtu.be/wwPLnFs63cU

youtu.be/7vJDPsd80f4

>letting Jackie-chan down

M-monsters!

Set up a simple target pointer. Also tried implementing a sort of sidestepping, but I'm not sure if it works. What do you think?

In the next few days I'll try to get a base model for the MC done.

I can't fucking do it.
Every time i get an idea for gameplay, i always attach it to a story and think of the story instead of the actual game.
I'm gonna be an idea guy forever it seems

Tell us your ideas for stories. We promise we won't laugh.

Or you could just make a story focused game.

Do you want to team up

discord notahead#1187
let's talk

they would all make money but none of it would be easy

>I'll try to get a base model for the MC done.

Hype.

more effects
>demo day 11 had two enemies
>demo day 12 will have fifteen+ enemies

whats he obsessed with