Lore: dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35923
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic simulator: dotaloadout.com/
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 analysis: datdota.com/
DOTA 2 analysis: dotametrics.wordpress.com/
Personal statistics: dotabuff.com/
Personal statistics#2: opendota.com/ (formerly yasp.co)
Hero stats: devilesk.com/dota2/heroes/herodata/
Hero and DPS calculator: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/hero-calculator/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/

best waifu coming thru

>LET THE BODY HIT THE RAX
LET THE BODY HIT THE RAX
LET THE BODY HIT THE RAX
LET THE BODY HIT THE RAX

I HOPE YOU ENJOY MEMEPUSH GUYS
Don't call it a grave, it is the future that you choose.

Nice cringey OP.

I don't get why you faggots think its league when its very aggressive, a lot of deaths and more complex

We wuz kangs does 1600 dps

>cry for 5 years that lol is dota 2 rip off
>cry for 5 years that lol is dota -easy mode
>your game is literally 50% lol 30% hots and 20% dota now

nice damage control dotard

because its reddit tier circlejerk, only difference that its contrarian
they will never do shit like removing denies

Oh shit! I'm sorry...

about try this patch in ~1,5 hours
hope they fixed the fps issues, i had 25 fps pre patch

I was a LoLbab before and safely say this patch is nothing like that shit game.

His damage needs scaling down, Q is retarded and add mana cost to his tree jump thanks.

We want the league audience even if it kills us.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

you're right, seems more like hots desu

Take your political correctness, put it on an oversized lemon juicer and sit down as hard as you can and turn yourself from side to side. I'll play the worlds smallest violin for the plight of the third world countries and their inequal opportunity in life. Maybe the next time I pub on europe west servers at night time I'll have a troupe of lesbian feminists and black panthers recite in spoken word how Cykil Pokhil doesn't have the privilege to grow up in a wealthy family and go to college and the best job he can get is assembling dildos at the local dildo factory for ten monopoly rubles an hour (that will inflate 10000% this year and be buy less food than the paper they're printed on), and how this is supposed to excuse the fact his sorry muted 2000 mmr scrub ass is put into my games to weight me down thanks to forced 50% matchmaking and a wanton disregard for server and language options (remember ruskies, clicking all options = finding games faster!)

They should make denies matter after the early game

Less damage than Ursa.

The only stolen ideas were from HotS, and Valve basically cucked Blizzard by taking the entirety of its gameplay depth and tacking it on to Dota.

>game now has 100% jungler
>game now is 24/7 teamfights
>game now scales way faster and games end 20-30 min

yeah sure

Is forced 50 still lame meme
I want to bring it back

Is there any chance of Monkey King getting added to captain's mode quickly? He's much simpler than all the other recent heroes.

>Blizzard invented talent trees

also power down his fucking ultimate, either reduce the radius or the amount of shitty spirits whacking everything or make them behave like illusions and not basically turn it into a 13 second sleight of fist

>Bulldog stream just made me realize lone druid's bear is an excellent MoM carrier

Holy fugg :DDDD

But how will valve cuck riot without implementing farming? THERE'S NO FARMING ANYMORE FUCKING SHIT. I MISS FARMING.

>>game now has 100% jungler
You ahve 100% misunderstood the rework and are playing the game wrong

what would I expect from idiots of 2g

>she didnt get a skin in the new update
>my husbando didnt get a skin in the update
>mercy didnt get a skin
>soldier didnt get a skin
>EVERYONE ELSE GOT SKINS

WHY MUST REINHARDT BE PUNISHED
HE IS A CHRISTMAS LOVING JOLLY GIANT
GIVE ME REINHARDT SKINS

EAT SHIT VALVE

EAT FUCKING SHIT

I HAD TWO JUNGLERS IN MY GAME TODAY WHO NEVER LEFT THEIR SHITTY JUNGLE FOR 20 MINUTES WHILE THE ENEMY TEAM BARELLED DOWN MID

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GIVE 2 FUCKING JUNGLES WITH 2 WHOLE FUCKING BOUNTY RUNES

FUCK YOU

THIS IS AT 4K I THOUGHT AT LEAST PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE A SEMBLANCE OF KNOWING HOW TO PLAY THE GODDAMN GAME

FUCK YOU

*cocks shotgun*

Get out of my general kid

We don't care about our mmr anymore.

That's just because nobody has memorized the new jungle.

They didn't give 2 jungles to farm. It's a complete rework where you don't afk in jungle.

If you afk jungle you are 2k and play in retard bracket

>best waifu didnt get skin for halloween
>best waifu didnt get skin for christmans

i'll literally shoot up blizzard

But jungle was nerfed to shit. Camps never respawn

I REALLY LIKE LUX

I was just browsing thru the community market and I realized I couldn't find any map items. (like the ones that change your map tileset, like the TI one etc.)

Are those only temporary during events?
Cus I had the TI one during the ti, but it's not an item I own and I can't find anything similar on the market

>could have had an exciting patch where heroes are changed at their core in exciting ways and made viable and the meta changes in the patch
>instead we get bullshit talents that lazily buffs a hero precisely at the precise level they need it instead
>corny talents like 3 arrows instead of 1 all over the place
>a bunch of fucking runes and hills and healing fountains everywhere, the jungle is a mess, the rune spawns are a mess, the rosh pit looks like shit
>a bunch of shit made inconsistent and changed "just for the hell of it cuz why not lol" like dispelling windrun or rocket barrage, wtf? bounty rune only gives 2 charges, like WHY NOT LOLZ
>shit that actually fucking matters like region locking is totally ignored
>XP, XPM, GPM, evasion, health regen flying everywhere no one knows what the fuck is going on
>thinking of what could have been... with monkey king and the new remodels and the new all pick and all the good parts of the patch

i have no fucking will to play this game right now. and dont you even bring up the UI or performance, thats nothing and will be fixed quickly. it could have been so great bros. WHY, WHYYYYYYYYY

do you guys have sometimes a sudden urge to hug the janny

At least, they didn't try to make Awesomenouts a e-sport.
I remember one championship, only one, on Twitch. The game is fun, but not made for huge audiences.
I don't know what they should do to have more players. F2P isn't an answer.

LoL is amazing, no matter how dumbened down, repetitive and overall autistic you make a hero you'll always see people who'll play 200 games in a row on that shit and claim they love the shitty character

On the plus side, the clusterfuck of changes will keep the meta interesting for a little while until everyone finds out that Omniknight is broken.

What heroes should I play as a beginner? Im tired of how shitty lol has gotten so im switching

Region locking is for retards

you switched at the wrong time. dota is in its worst spot ever right now. just play the tutorial and play whatever heroes you think look cool. it literally doesnt matter, everyting is a mess right now and no one knows whats going on.

So were the rumors about mmr reset/new system fake?

I'm sorry your champions are unrelatable and forgettable but there's absolutely no need to be salty

Stay positive!

Play the ingame tutorial, they introduce some relatively simple heroes

There's also the website that'll give you dota 2 heroes according on which LoL champions you like in the OP

>Dota crashes in the middle of a game with not even an error
Heh thanks overpraised cold frog

Invoker meepo and techies

>You need to choose between a talent or a skill point
Fuck me that's retarded

Is Ppd making it into the big boys club?

>The game I knew and loved for all these years is being raped right before my eyes
HE CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS

>make seasons
>shitstains pay boosters to play their 10 calibration games and end up 5k
>go back to 3k in the month
>repeat new season

yeah no

Whats wrong with the game right now?

How is that different from now

>map made symmetrical
>farm rates homogenized, everyone has the same levels and gold
>talents make snowballing easy as fuck but oh wait one death and you have a 70 second respawn time at 20 minutes so this game is more swingy than ever
>pushing towers from minute 1 in your lane is better than farming safely

>horrid UI
>bugs everywhere
>monkey king lol

what the fuck, dotards?
this is your fault isnt it?

The game is snowball fest right now because no one knows how the fucking map works or about any of the new gameplay elements.

I'm in retard MMR and believe it or not, this is is already how shitters play (my winrate is smurf tier at this point and my unranked MMR is higher). The difference is that non-shitters have yet to adapt and learn because all of the content is fresh; the subhumans I play with simply refuse to because they think all video games are CoD. Though in unranked pubs, it's usually one or two people carrying everyone else by knowing more about the patch, while in my ranked pubs it's one or two people who feed so heavily that the entire enemy team has an unbeatable level and gold advantage. And yes, these people do it over and over again, going 3/25/1 every time and seeing nothing wrong with it.

This is actually what scares me about this patch, because I really, really don't want Dota to pander to bads. I know I am objectively horrible at the game, but I am a lot better than I was before and love how the skill ceiling for the entire game is practically infinite. It's just a fundamental part of the game. The fucking wastes of space with a versatility score of 0.08 and literal inability to learn do not deserve to even have fun in this game. They WANT to be shit at the game.

>Retard MMR whining.
As always.

desu at least you can detect a smurf now

>no avatar
>lvl 20-30
>in your 5k average game

you can just dodge

We have no idea which heroes are best anymore - everything has been changed. Once you're in mid/high-tier matches then counter-picking your opponents hero picks becomes more important so don't worry too much about 'maining' one. For example, you might be the best Drow player around, but if you're going to be laning against Broodmother, you'll have a way easier game picking Legion Commander instead.

I know you're trolling, but techies is way more beginner-friendly now that they aren't hard-countered by gem.

invoker meepo and techies

dotas like quake now but without the skill

>Brood can be countered in lane

Pretty good meme

>dotas like quake
:thinking:

The only way to expand the players is to steal the audience's of the other games

They're back, and there's nothing you can do about it. Until reddit whines about it.

>reading is hard

Sven.

>Dota 2 General Thread
>Thread

most redundant shit ever, god i fucking hate reddit

Can you put the meepo aghs into you backpack?

Nope, if you can't remove it from your inventory you can't put it in the backpack.

That would actually be a gamechanger if he could dump the +10 all for something bigger lategame.

or you could region lock US servers so people dont quit the minute they try the game and have a bunch of savages from third world internet cafes JAJAJAing in every game

I play Brood all the time and haven't lost against one in ages, because I know the common matchups extremely well.

LC is my favourite Brood counter (Tide, Sand King, BB all do well enough in lane against Brood too but LC can shut down Brood at all stages of the game). All you need to do is save your skillpoints and wait to see if Brood tries to skill SS and then if she does you take OO and ruin her day. If she doesn't skill SS then you just skill up PtA and MoC instead and lane normally against a gimped Brood.

is he still watching over us

actually its more like banjo kazooie

you just collect shit on the map

+6
TREANTS
R
E
A
N
T
S

How does the damage reduction on visage burds work?

its such a trash talent
it just means +6 creeps for your opponents to farm every 30s

>tfw third world

lmao that bulldog game
its gonna be gud

Play supports heroes which can help the team, even if you don't know what are you doing.

- Crystal Maiden
Give FREE mana regen. This skill is global.
- Lich
Give FREE armor to your team
- Dazzle
Give FREE armor and can save one team mate per time from death.
Every hero with helth regen too, like Phoenix, Witch Doctor et cetera.

How do I make the round buff icons into squares again?
How do I enable a permanent stats panel (str,agi,int,damage,speed etc.)?

Dota doesn't need the American audience.

greast post, uipvoted

Reminder that magnus gives free cleave to the team.

>dota doesnt need the only people who spend money
>it only needs the people who pay unrelated internet cafes 50 cents to play the free game on valves servers with pre-made and traded around accounts
yea keep telling yourself that libtard. this is a failing business model in the long run and its getting worse.

hes also not a support

I'm glad such lines as "x pwned x" got removed. They were immature and had no place in the game.
Now its a lot more informative and clean.

Did you even enjoy the game in the days leading up to 7.00? It seems pretty clear that most of the people who are leaving Dota because of 7.00 have long since gotten sick of the game, they just needed a good enough excuse to leave. Hell if we actually took the time to adapt to the changes, you'd see that this week is basically free MMR.

post em

Cloak now has a non-aura AoE that grants Visage's current damage reduction to the birds. If Visage loses a stack, the birds get weaker and vice versa. If they leave the AoE, it's instantly gone.

The rest of the world doesn't hate region lock. I am glad I can play on whatever server I want. I never play alone so I can always communicate with my teammates.

I never uninstalled but it's been 2 months since I played a game.

Yeah I was having great games all the way to right before patch and pretty much every game afterwards has been full "Just fuck my shit up" -tier. I'm trying really hard to like this patch

People are just picking overpowered heroes and dumsptering others

Magnus must have a Blink Dagger.
You must get a Blink Dagger as fast as you can.

A new player will die a lot, and every time you die, you lose gold.

i was bored months before patch, and thats because people actually started to copy pro meta even at high 3k- low 4k retard bracket

Tell me the most overpowered heroes that I can easily win with and their builds. I want free mmr.

You switched at a good time. No one knows what they're doing and the veteran stompers who've been playing for years have finally left because of the update. Pick someone you like, though I highly suggest fiddling around with a support such as Lich or Dazzle until you understand the mechanics.

Is offlane the new safelane?