It isn't happening

thetruthaboutcars.com/2016/12/mazda-ceo-takls-strategy/

>no plans for rotary sports car

I want to die

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uTUcldDycCs
sportovnivozy.cz/64578-mazda-mx-5-revx-5-wankel-rarita-praha-4-chodov
autonews.com/article/20161107/RETAIL01/311079985/higher-yen-hammers-profits-at-mazda-subaru
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Months of shilling their shitty economy cars for nothing
KEK! btf/o/

Sad though.

WE TOLD YOU ONCE
WE TOLD YOU A THOUSAND TIMES

Rx9 confirmed smaller than a miata.

>single seater rotary sports car
Please make this a reality mazda.

Veeky Forums really resembles /pol/ in many ways.

each and everytime someone is screaming "HAPPENING" they believe it.

you can literally shit out a design in ms paint and everyone here will think it's a genuine design of the brand and WILL definitely come true.

wtf i hate mazda now

Fuck. I really wanted to like Mazda, but god damn are they a worthless brand.

>no Mazdaspeeds
>no RX-7 successor
>can't even be bothered to drop the 2.5T from the CX-9 into the underpowered Mazda6

""""""""Zoom-zoom""""""""

the amount of times mazda ceo says no rotary then says yes rotary then says no rotary is quite ridiculous
at least every 4 months it happens

they know how to make actual hype though

>only "sports" car is a sub 200hp shitty gay hairdresser mobile

Fuck off mazda

Rotary MX-5 when?

bwahahhahahahaa

bow before the ford gt

youtu.be/uTUcldDycCs

My only long-term goal in life was to buy an RX-9 in 6 years. I'm still solidly on the path to making 70k/yr, but what am I going to buy now?

>Camaro is a terrible daily with no visibility
>Mustang is about a unique as a Honda Accord
>Supra will be ruined by modern Toyota styling
>Can't afford F-Type/Corvette/Evora
>Don't want German engineering to rape my wallet

Fuck you Mazda

A GT350R.

There's one for sale in the Czech Republic

>being sold 20k over sticker

I'll never be able to afford this either :(

Maybe Ford will make the RS500? Nah, we'll probably never get it.

>Czech Republic
Do you have a link?
t. swampgerman

You could wait for the GT500, which will blow anything the competition has to offer the fuck out. 800+hp Ecoboosted Voodoo when?

Called it!

Their sales are in the shitter and skyactiv has been an unmitigated disaster for the brand. They will never build a halo car under these circumstances.

The question isn't will there ever be another rotary sports; it is will there be a Mazda in 10 years?

Maybe Ford will bail them out again.

sportovnivozy.cz/64578-mazda-mx-5-revx-5-wankel-rarita-praha-4-chodov

Thanks, but I don´t have 13k€

only this wasnt a design shit out on ms paint and was a literal physical car that was shown
not saying that a concept legitimizes the expectation, but its far removed from a simple render

I think that is what it would take to make another RX happen.

literally on January 10th.

gm fags on suicide watch

there is also one 500hp rotary NB in poland
and sooner or later rotard NA, when i'll finish it

Kek, can't wait for gm to get completely and utterly BTFO.

they already are

youtu.be/uTUcldDycCs

Mazda owner here and the dealer sends me the fukkin zoom zoom magazine. Recently got the latest issue and literally everything in OP's article is a contradiction.

>article claims mazda putting priority on electric shit
>magazine boasts about how "while other companies focus on electric, we put all our energy into gasoline engines"

>article says piss off rotaries
>magazine lauding rotaries and exciting future for the engines
>preparing to celebrate 40 or something years of rotaries
>says mazda is and will always be at the forefront of utilising rotaries

I don't know what to believe famalam, its hard to imagine mazda would let go of their rotaries, although I have read somewhere that such an engine would make for excellent hybrid because it can operate at a set rpm very well.

Q4 2016
>At Mazda, North American operation profit plunged 71 percent to ¥3 billion ($29.6 million) in the period. North American sales declined 5 percent to 111,000 vehicles, while revenue slumped 23 percent to $2.33 billion.

autonews.com/article/20161107/RETAIL01/311079985/higher-yen-hammers-profits-at-mazda-subaru

It's not going to happen, they are trying to stay in business right now. Maybe they will start development if they manage to pull out of this nose div, but then tack 5 years on to that and who knows where the world will be. Western economies have been on the brink for 8 years now, every year it becomes increasingly probable that we are going to have a depression of unprecedented proportions.

People are way more excited about a simple, elegant, lightweight, fast sports car more than the rotary engine itself. If Mazda makes a rotary hybrid but not a new RX, I frankly don't give a shit and would rather stick with superior pistons.

post pics of the magazine

Admittedly it's mostly retards on here, but people are obsessed with that meme

>Thinks he can buy the new supra
>Can't afford a corvette
Nigger get a c6 now for less than 35k or a used c7 in 6 years for the same price

>corvette
lmao

*Used c6
Even if you buy new it will be 50-60k for a new c7, the zo6 isn't the only trim available

Never really expected mazda to do well in NA. Not exactly their target audience when you look at their car lineup..
Funny, they do fantastically well in my country because lol reliability. Well actually most cars here are Japanese, overwhelmingly so..for yurop.

The mx-5 fills that spot though, it would be unreasonable to expect mazda to produce anything remotely near it because it's the best in its class. Either they make something innovative, ie rotary, or something waaaaaayyyy waayy more powerful.

Pic related.
I rotated it so idk why it goes sideways again then I upload..

Pic related with regards to rotary funtimes

>Never really expected mazda to do well in NA. Not exactly their target audience when you look at their car lineup..
NA is 1/3rd of their sales...

Look mate, I can respect the Miata for what it is. But not all of us can be happy with 155HP and 4 cubic ft of cargo space. It's a car that is useless to me and a lot of people.

Mazda isn't popular in US, but very popular in Canada. Couldn't tell you why, maybe we just do more research.

>mazda trying to move uprange and raise prices.

No they wont be

Pic related some fagit with a ms3

see dis Its a big audience but compared to other companies I really doubt it ranks high.
They could get many more sales is what I'm saying, which would in turn actually salvage the company because competing against others who have fuckoff massive presence in NA means that a potential gold mine is lost.

If Mazda launched the RX9, tomorrow would any of the faggots complaining in this thread buy it?

NO, all of you would be like

>buying a new car
>nah dude, just wait 20 years and buy it used
>buy a used RX7, not worth it to buy new

I am glad Mazda is spending their money wisely instead of catering to ungrateful fucks like Veeky Forums.

I can't afford it right now, but believe me, I would. I bought the BRZ brand new while everyone was bitching about it, pretending the 240SX/AE86 was somehow better, and waiting to get hooned-to-shit molested hand-me-down BRZ's for 5k.

If they bring it out in 2020 and I'm making more money, I'll get it.

>I'm so autistic I voluntarily signed myself up to be a debt slave just so I wouldn't have to sit on a seat that somebody else sat on.

See you already got a faggot like calling you out for buying new

99% of Veeky Forums is composed of entitled bitter poorfags like that guy.

>99% of Veeky Forums is composed of entitled bitter poorfags like that guy.
You just keep telling yourself that.

I just went back to work after taking two years off for no reason other than I felt like having a long weekend. Sure it put a dent in my finances but not a very big one.

Can you do things like that while paying off your silly new car? I didn't think so. Part of accumulating wealth means seeing bad business decisions for what they are and avoiding them. Paying more for a depreciating asset is a bad business decision any way you cut it, its the sort of thing I would only do if my back was absolutely against the wall.

Key thing to note here mazda ceo says

Their is no >current plans

But that just in the current active pipeline(cars that are for sure getting made) It does not mean ihappening.

If u read the previous few questions in the auto news article. He actually confirms their still messing around with a new rotary engines in R&D.

Basically nothing is confirmed one way or the other and the rx-9 is still in very early stages

Ford never bailed them out
Ford didnt know how to build cars so they paid mazda to do it.

Mazda wouldn't have survived without Ford. Stay BTFO.

Simply not true.
They were destroying ford in small car sales in the 70s because of the oil crisis.
Same reason GM paid toyota
Same reason Chrysler paid mitsubishi
Murrica a shit

>mazda fags in denial

>You just keep telling yourself that.

Nah, I have seen it all the time someone makes a thread about buying a new car (ANY CAR) you get the same replies discouraging the OP, insulting him for even considering buying a new car.

About your story, that's fine it works for you. But you wouldn't assume that everyone must have the same buying habits as you.

After all, time is your MORE PRECIOUS asset, not money.

This is a car board and some people don't want to wait 8 years of their life to own their dream vehicle. For SOME PEOPLE it's worth it to buy a new than to wait for the car to depreciate and they have the money to do it.

>Toyota lost money on every LFA sold
>Bugatti has a loss every time it sells a Veyron
>Honda lost money on every single 1995–2001 DC2 Type R sold

BASED Mazda not falling for the Halo Sports car meme.

If the RX9 lived upto the hype I'd definitely buy it new. If I could afford it that is.

>mazda-ceo-takls-strategy

did anyone else know that the url is spelt wrong?

There are a ton of bus riders on here, I'll give you that.

From my point of view pretty much all new cars are a let down. After all the hype I drove a new BRZ and ended up laughing in salesman's face at how crappy the performance was. I drove an AP1 the week prior, there is a monster hiding in that car... the BRZ nope.

For something like a 2017 Ford GT, I completely agree with you, its worth it to pick it up new. But for a normal car that offers nothing unique, its the dumbest thing ever to buy new.

New RX9 is coming out and you gotta have it? This is how uncle smart user would do things.
>Buy a very good condition FD, drive it on weekends keep it in top shape
>Watch the FD appreciate in value
>When RX9s depreciate close to the FD, sell the FD and buy an RX9

So instead of blowing your wad on a new RX9 you picked up a car that you made money on and bought the RX9 for a discount all the while having rotary fun.

I felt the opposite.
>drive ap1
Meh
>drive ap2
Meh
>drive FRS
Not bad at all

>making money on a rotary
if you never ever drive it

>poorfags
I have $90k parked in my garage. Try again

A GTR.

Dude says he can't afford a Corvette, so he sure as hell can't afford something that costs twice as much.

Daily reminder

86 was our Savior all along

>But if we were to restart production of the rotary engine again, we need to make sure it wouldn’t be just short-lived. We need it to meet future emissions regulations.
>We need it to meet future emissions regulations.
>future emissions regulations.
Electric Mazdas are the future.

Why not a Cadillac?

>btfo by a fucking miata

we have to wait at least 10 years before it becomea cool on this board, user

>Mazda kills mazdaspeed and RX series
>Mitsubishi kills evo and 3000gt is dead
>subaru is coasting on a 30 year old engine and their new flagship looks like a camry
>honda discontinued s2000, new nsx is too expensive and isn't a worthy successor to the original. At least they brought type r to the us
>Nissan is ugly
>toyota shit up the supra by going with a bmw engine guaranteed to shit itself in 40k miles. GT86 is just a rebranded subaru. LFA is gone for good, other lexus sportscars are pig fat

When are japs going to make cool cars again?

They are a very nice looking car but lack of power kills it and I hate boxer engines.

is mazda speed kill? I wanted a new mazdaspeed 3.

>"laptime"

Wow it took them this long to come up with something and this is the best 86 fags can do

As a rotary fanboy I'm not even mad that Mazda still can't come to justifying a restart of the RX series. If they can't afford to put them back into the lineup due to financial/regulation reasons then so be it.

But the fact that they made an RX concept, revealed details on rotary development, and even stated release dates only to have the buzzkill CEO backtrack on everything is fucking maddening. Could have just said this shit before all the hype build up.

>This is how uncle smart user would do things.
>buy a very good condition fd

LOL no

Save your money and use it to grow your business, then when you've got a decent amount of capital buy all the toys you want while poorfags do mental gymnastics to justify their shitbox purchases.

What do you actually expect from a new car for $25k?

A lot more

$25 grand on the modern market gets you a shitbox with 150hp and an iPad hot glued to the top of the dash.

>you were born just in time to see the end of exciting Japanese cars
Guess I'll just get a self driving cuckmobile in 5 years.

ND Miata with Super 200 kit. Fuck in 6 years there could even be an NE Miata.

>it because it's the best in its class.
lol faggy hairdresser car will never be fast. stay retarded

because most canadians are lgbt like you

>a fucking leaf

damage control

typical mazdrone saving a picture of an ape in his computer

The only reason I planned to stay alive for the next 5 years was to enjoy a new rotary super sportscar.

I may as well kill myself jesus

>>>b-buy our 2.0l i4 economy cars guys so we can make high performance cars again!!11
This shit better not be true.

>>can't even be bothered to drop the 2.5T from the CX-9 into the underpowered Mazda6
Yeah. At the very least they could have put a 2.5T into a RWD Mazda6 coupe. It would look good as a coupe with long doors. Give a bit less torque and a bit more HP over the CX-9 tune and it'd be a fantastic car for around the $30k range and shouldn't cost them too much to make when the platform supports AWD and the hood is fucking long to fit the long headers in the traverse mount FWD engined.
I'm becoming convinced that Mazdas are assholes. This is just bullshit branding and no substance.

Too heavy

I prefer the V8 in the Camaro to the TTV6 in the ATS-V

GT350R is sort of my back up choice. Or a Cayman. But neither is the same.

The GT350R looks significantly nicer than the normal mustang, but normies can't tell them apart. May as well get a Rocket Bunny Stang, really.

Factory Five GTM with a 3-rotor.

>GT350R
You can hear a Voodoo from a mile away. It has a really distinct sound.

They'll know.

t. someone who has seen GT350s in town

The mx-5 is possibly the slowest coupe in its price range, and has virtually no storage space. It's only available in a soft-top until the RFD comes out next year. It's actually a poor value overall, but it's an economical convertible which is the only strong feature it can boast of.

Not saying I dislike Mazda. They're one of the better current auto-makers, but I'd honestly rather have a cheaper, roomier. Hell, the for MY15, the Mazda 3 hatch had a faster 0-60. The entry-level sedan from the same company could outrun its sports car.

>They'll know.
They really won't. rofl.

Yeah it sounds great. But they'll think just a different exhaust does that.

>BBR Super 200+
>214HP and 183lb-ft in a Miata ND

This I could see being fun. Would it be reliable though?

>Hatch
>Sedan
Oh no, a spelling error, people on the Internet will think I'm dumb now.
Also, being a fucken leaf, mazda is very popular up here. Every third or fourth vehicle on the road is a Mazda.

In 6 years the new Elise and Exige will be available to the U.S. Market in their road-legal forms.

Just wait it out.

Damn if I had the money for something like that I'd buy one in a heartbeat

Didn't say it's fast, but it is praised to hell and back for being so good to just drive. Blatantly is not fun on a straight doe.
Its fun, its small, it's supposed to be the achievable fun car for the masses which it does pretty well.

>other Mazda's outrun it's own sports car
Yeah, and I'd get a different model too, but the point is the mx-5 is for your average salaryman who wants a second car for his leisurely sunday drive round some twisty roads for cheaps.
Ofc if you're an an/o/n you may have other ideas for fun and bang for buck or more specific preferences..

I don't think normies know the diference between cross-plane and flat-plane crankshafts V8's.

A real rx9 would have been my first brand new car purchase in a few years once I get out of college and a full time job. I love Mazda to death but I understand how hard it is to make a rotary in this day and age.

>no plans for homer car

I want to die

Tune it to +200hp if it's so slow, or buy a turnkey LS-swapped one

The car ways 2300 lbs

its power to weight ratio is actually really good and 0-60 speed is 5.9 which also isnt bad.

Also way better mod potential than a shitty toyobaru

What's up with the rotary fascination on here? Stockholm Syndrome?