It's over, Lexus won

It's over, Lexus won.

youtu.be/A8jSdgT3Drc?t=22s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mgI_pH8TOVY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

holy christ thats fucking gay

which rapper will buy one first

Neat cuttlefish-car, but it's illegal as fuck and probably can't drive for long without overheating or draining the battery.

Yeah looks cool but

-cost will be laughably high
-illegal to drive with all those lights flashing away in most countries

what the fuck hahaha

the video says special edition not for sale in small print. Makes me think this is just some concept car or promo car not meant to be sold. Trying to make the Lexus brand look hip maybe?
Seems kinda pointless.

EE reporting

this is fucking retarded, i noticed those are led strips, they're basically 3w per light at the size they're using.

this would need more power than the car would actually generate through nearly any means.

>slap a bunch of led's on a car
>won
LOL this has been done before. It's illegal almost everywhere and 30+ year old technology.

The Lexus Sriracha has more chances of being street illegal than this LED monster.

At least hot sauce doesn't represent a danger to other drivers.

Its a one off meme video to show how hip Toyota still is
It's fucking laughable how hard they try, you'd think they'd cut it back after Scion was a huge mess

You'll probably see the car sold to some fucker in Dubai though

noice

>more power than the car would actually generate

>a modern mid-size lexus has a power output of less than 1.77kW

are they powered by lawn mower engines?

isnt it only like 2 horsepower?

SSSSHH!!
He's an electrical engineer, he knows what he's talking about.

Yeeeee... I don't think so

>rapper
youtu.be/mgI_pH8TOVY

>LIT
KEK!!!!!

hhahaha please be fake

that is so fucking retarded

that cant be real

I mean I get they're trying to be ~hip~ and appeal to the youth. But auto manufacturers today are retarded and can't seem to grasp the fact that the youth today simply cannot afford these cars. Most are opting for luxury and higher-end models with the likes of Mazda.

Perhaps they aren't targeting the youth? Maybe middle-aged people who want to feel young? I worked at a local Lexus dealership and retirees were the main customers as well as Asians. They're still the same Toyota Camry underneath all the sheen and offer no more reliability.

>Youth
They're targeting the college STEM grads.

If you were a STEM graduate wouldn't you know better though? Literally getting fucked with a bloated price tag for what is essentially just a Toyota Camry. For that money wouldn't you want something else?

>oooh a touch screen nav that has been made obsolete by Google Maps
>oooh digital gauge cluster display
>oooh honeycomb grille

it's the same shit

>They're still the same Toyota Camry underneath

Yeah dude, the LX570 and LS are based on the same platform as the Camry, you sure showed us with that knowledge you fucktwit

>EE
>Thinks they're all 3W CREEs

Fuck off and stop lying to everyone.

I go to school for Industrial Design and Engineering, ironically I know plenty of "designers" that eat retarded stuff like this up (and are the ones going to be perpetuating this bullcrap once they get jobs designing for companies)

Designers tease out the problems, engineers solve them.

Btw, you guys should stop being edgelords. Yes, we all know that this shit isn't road legal - it's a safe bet that any kind of rolling light show isn't going to be. Yeah, it's also not practical because you will tear your fucking hair out when some of those LED's start going out. In fact, I'm sure there is a whole team of techs at Lexus who've been going through that for months because of this project.

Lexus basically just made the ultimate show car, that's all. It's cool to look at and fuck around with, I'm sure, and it'll be touring car shows around the world for a while.

>LIT

At least it somewhat hides Lexus' hideous design.

>13.5V x 120-150 amps
>1620-2025W

Seems pretty close.

Imagine picking up your epileptic friend on this shitpost with wheels!

Looks kinda cool as an art piece, nothing more.

Though I am getting tired of the RGB fucking everything trend

IT FUCKING SAYS SPECIAL EDITION NOT FOR SALE RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE VIDEO
IT'S A PROMOTION

That's still the youth bro

So why would be something like this illegal?
Because it's distracting? LIke wouldn't be better if you have a car that you can see miles away? Could be actually useful in highways and stuff

Now that's a retarded paint job

I NEED IT

It's a vinyl rap dumbass

>They're still the same Toyota Camry underneath all the sheen and offer no more reliability.
Yeah just like all Audis are Jettas underneath. You truly are an automotive genius.

>EE reporting
Real, graduated EE here. You're retarded. Go to sleep or you'll be late for class in the morning.

>Lexus
>Thinks they're attracting millennials who can spend 50 grand on a car
>Don't know that they spend it on BMW/Benz/Maseratis

Lexus is doing great, what are they trying to do?

So much salt flavored jelly in one post.

RGB 5050 chips are ~0.24w at full "white" intensity, 2812b chips top out at 0.16w.

Now lets say it's a big car ~ 7.5 square meters with a "pixel" density of 1 per cm (so ~50% coverage for a 5050 or 2812b), that's 75000 LEDs at we will go with 1/4w per LED that would be 18750w, lets call it 25kw with the driver and restive losses. That's 33.5Hp, not practical to run from the alternator but you could easily run a small generator from the engine if you wanted to.