Going to be picking up my first luxury car in a few weeks...

Going to be picking up my first luxury car in a few weeks. Looks like it's going to come down to either a new Mercedes CLA250 or a new Volvo S60. Any thoughts? Trying to stay under $40k U.S.

How many rich kids drive a Volvo?

Exactly. Go with the CLA.

>luxury car
>CLA 250
hahahahaha

both are boring shitboxes
just get a bmw or a rwd benz

> babby's first luxury car
> literally stacy-tier-my-daughter-is-a-cumslut options

If your only option is entry level, you're better off saving your shekels. Or by used.

spotted the civic driver

>Mercedes CLA250
>Luxury
lolno. Pick one and only one.

cla a shit

OP, increase your budget to 60k and try and get the 2017 Mercedes CLA45

I owned a 2015 Mercedes CLA45 for 2 years in college and girls literally left notes on my car asking for my #. The only hate is meme car enthusiasts who drive 5k shitboxes (i.e. this board). The rest fucking love it

I asked my dad for a new car for senior year and Im getting a 2017 cla45. Cannot fucking wait

>16273295
you don't get a (you) from me

Shit nigger might as well save some bucks and get an acura

Who leaves a note asking for a number? Wouldn't it make more since to leave your number on the car?

older CLS

Get a 428i scrub. Or you could be in the market for a pristine E9x M3

dubs speak the truth even with the best 4 cylinder engine you still have a cla.

You can't afford a luxury car with mercedes the bare minimum is a decently equipped c-class preferably a c63 but you can afford mustang gt or a camaro ss.

Cayman s if you care about driving. Chebby SS if you need a fast sedan. E350 or 550 or ls430/460 if you want luxury. All used of course.

I got a 2016 Volvo S60 Inscription with the Platinum package and essentially all options for $35,000. It's definitely a luxury car. It's got extremely comfortable bucket style seats, outstanding outside noise dampening, a quality sound system, radar cruise control, etc. Can't go wrong with a Volvo.

Spotted the trust fund baby

Has an automatic rear window sunshade and the rear passenger window sunshades as well. European as fuq. Plus 3 inches of extra leg room for rear passengers.

Its a little better than the CLA, too boring for me though

>fwd/haldex
>shitty modern car design. tiny windows and pedestrian-safe front end
You dun goofed. Could've gotten a ls460 for that same price used.

The S60 is very, very old and the CLA is the benz bought by cheap badgewhores. Buy a C-class or an A4.

>but you can afford a mustang gt
maybe he doesnt want to drive around as a fucking poor white trash degenerate you faggot

>luxury car
>CLA
luxury starts at E class

the difference between a used cla and a used c class class and an a3 and a4 is none you dumb fuck

>A4
kek

>FWD
Isn't a con unless you're a troll.

>Shitty modern car design
Sounds like an opinion loaded statement.

>tiny windows
Actually the visibility is quite good and it has a backup camera that's great.

Correct. Got a loaner 2 Series when I took my M in for service, felt like a Honda. I've been in VWs that felt ten times more luxurious.

This is a badge whore car, this is the car either Tyrone buys when he gets out da hood, Jessica buys to make all the girls at the office jealous, or Stacy gets bought for her sweet sixteen.

Buy a CPO top end luxury car with a full warranty, and sell it when the warranty ends.
You could get, for that money, a:
997 Porsche 911 Carrera
E90 Series BMW M3
F10 BMW 550i
W204 Mercedes C63 AMG (!)
F02 BMW 750Li X Drive (!!!)

Why the fuck would anyone buy a CLA?

Because you're getting a Mercedes for just 30k.

How exactly would a loaded 328i/335i feel less luxurious than the M3?
Same materials, options, features only not as fun to drive.

Hey now.
I'm a Mercedes Tech.
I personally drive jap tin cans I don't mind destroying.

All mercs are luxury at that point.

... hell, even jeeps are luxury at this point...

a3-a4 is very similar. C class is a whole step up though.

>RWD
>Not so plasticy interior
>more power
>more features available

>Volvo
You realize Volvo is owned by the Chinese, right? And made in China?

If it's loaded, it wouldn't feel that much worse. On M cars, I believe that they up the quality on everything just a bit more than on a loaded non-M.

However, that's besides the point. You can't buy a new one loaded for under 40k, and a used one wouldn't fill his 40k budget, which is why I suggested the M.

"""""Mercedes"""""

Man... fact check yourself before you spout shit as advise. Volvo is owned and funded by a Chinese company. Volvo is still designed in Sweden and manufactured in Sweden and Belgium for the US market with the exception of the S60 Inscription model which is manufactured in China. I have the Inscription and I've had no issues. As far as I'm concerned the fact it was assembled in China changed nothing.

Come on, people. Be honest with yourselves:

The CLA is NOT a luxury car. Not even a near-luxury car. It's Mercedes' version of a Honda Civic. Except it has terrible reliability and customer satisfaction ratings.

The C Class is a step up, but it's still not luxury. Others offer better quality, luxury, and reliability for the same price. If you really need the badge, but the largest engine in 4Matic you can afford and accept you are paying an aspirational price.

Luxury in a Mercedes begins at the E Class, and even then you're cheating yourself if you skimp here. Get what you want, take care of it, and accept the cost of admission.

The CLA is an "aspirational" brand point. It means you want your friends you see you in a brand, but you can't really afford what the brand has to offer. The first hit is always free.

Everything else you own is made in china too

Yes even that body pillow

I'm being totally honest with you. The CLA isn't a real Mercedes. It's their "I can't afford a C class, but I still want to be able to tell people that I drive a Mercedes." Is it a nice car? Yes, of course it is. Is it a true Mercedes? No. Mercedes is all about the "Best" and their new "entry level" car isn't that. The true Mercedes experience starts with the C class. If you're buying anything below that, they're just not worth it. They'll depreciate because they're not desired cars and their not built up to the standard of the rest of their cars.

I'd suggest that you do yourself a favour and either save up and buy a C class, or just a car from a different manufacturer. Honestly.

Pretty much this op.

i've driven a cla and it's north worth the hate. great car, if i was a kid it'd be mine.

at the end of the day, the only hate your going to get about a cla is here. All entry level cars are generally disliked by "car enthusiasts". if you want it, get it.

>the only hate your going to get about a cla is here
lel no, people who can afford a real Mercedes knows the kind of guppie that buys a CLA

>hurhuruhhurhr its not a true mercedes
>huruhrhuruhhurrhu its not a real benz
>hrurhuuhruhrhur it's badgewhores

when will Veeky Forums realize they are poor and nobody cares about what they think

The CLA is for rich dads to give their rich kids. I find it funny you poor robots talk about wealth when the most you guys can afford here is a 5k 2008 3 series. Nobody here really gives a shit about your position on someones wealth lmao

OP here
I agree with all of you guys I guess. Gonna have to think about it a bit more

>The CLA is for rich dads to give their rich kids
lel no, rich dads get their kids to invest in properties and businesses, no waste money stroking their egos

A kid in my high schools dad was worth 100 million and his kid had a cla. also lmao @ "lolno" - you are too stupid to know the point of entry levle cars

Nice projection though. I'm sure some poor faggot like you knows lots about how rich people spend their wealth (and how they invest it on "properties and businesses" kek)

And my dad works at Nintendo

The point of an entry level luxury car is to get idiots to spend more money on something than they normally would to raise their bottom line

He works at nintendo? is that some sorta fucking sick meme or something or am i supposed to be impressed

You're obviously poor and upset trustfundfags have nicer cars than your 1995 accord

>The only hate is meme car enthusiasts who drive 5k shitboxes
So like anyone who doesn't make $60k/year?

>all of this projecting

you're right, it's totally not to introduce kids at a young age to the brand

Veeky Forums - home of poor fags that know shit about anything

>It's definitely a luxury car
>All that hard plastic dash
>That shitty center console button layout
No, it's definitely competing with the Acuras and Buick half-luxes.

Right, because the CLA is "hip" and "cool"

No, none-M BMWs have cheaper finishes by default.

i don't really give a shit about you. I'm talking about Veeky Forums as a whole.

Veeky Forums giving their opinion on wealth is like a poor person trying to give financial advice. This is Veeky Forums, the most poor/rice/shitbox community on the internet

No it's not. It's made in Vietnam nigger.

Just lease the C-class and trade in for an E-class in 3 years when you make more money and saved more.

the fuck does that even mean. its an entry level car you fucking idiot, you obviously are too fucking retarded to comprehend the niche

god you guys are too fucking easy. i dont even own one, but everyone who I know who does parents' income is everyone in this threads combined multiplied by 100

>This is Veeky Forums, the most poor/rice/shitbox community on the internet
This is a Amerurope shitbox board except for the Honda/Toyota General.

Because you're rich right?

>Financial advice
>buy this brand new over priced shit box
>stop being poor

Doesn't change the fact that i'ts shit and over priced

It's a Mercedes for 30k, what the fuck more do you want?

Been around richer people all my life. I went to private school and know more about wealthy dads than your broke Nintendo ass dad will ever see in his life

Literally your dad works at Nintendo you broke fucking faggot, that alone would get you made fun of for being poor at my hs you poor fucking faggot

Keep talking about entry level cars being "cheap" when your dad works in some sweatshop in fucking China lol kill yourself

A real Mercedes? At 30k you might as well buy a tricked-out Acura and at least get what you're paying for.

Actually it's not hard plastic. Console layout is fine unless perhaps you're an autistic faggot like you.

Dash isnt hard plastic, niether are any bits of the door panels

Only hard plastic is the glovebox

t. guy whos parents own v60 t6

And you'd be driving a Honda instead of a Mercedes.

I can't tell if this is serious but holy fuck I'm dying!

>$30k for a badge
Fuck off

I'm in the same boat OP. For that price range you can get a newish:

BMW
328i
428i
X1
2 series

Audi
A3
A4
A5
Probably an S3

Infiniti
Q50
Q60

Mercedes
C class
E350

...and I'm still torn on what I want. Probably end up with a 4 series.

Then he can buy a 10k corolla and keep the money for a travel or his retirement.

Of course I am serious you fucking poor piece of shit. if you want to talk shit about cars being cheap and talk about how "real rich people spend their money" when your dad works at fucking Nintendo and you dont have a clue about what its like to be rich, then keep laughing. you get called a fucking faggot for being the poorfag that you are.

That fucking tablet duct taped on the dash. Disgusting

It's not as funny the second time

>daddy bought me a car

kys

Richer fucker here. My parents drive 7 series BMWs to not look flashy. But we were aspirational. The truly wealthy I encountered at college.

Truly wealthy parents don't saddle their kids with Ferraris or other meme-series wealth cars. They give them meme cars that upper middle class kids would aspire to, at best. True wealth is stealth. They have nice but normal cars that aspirational wealthy kids would want.

The Volvo S60 is under $40k and fully loaded. In that regard it's superior to any other option in the price range.

ok nintendo boy

Why are you trying to talk to me about being how being "flashy" rich is cool?

My dad has original ferraris worth more than your house kid that he keeps solely for memories. he hates new ferraris and lambos for being flashies

You peasants need not talk to me about wealth. Im richer than all you faggots and yet you poor retards are crying about an entry level car being cheap when I've talked to so many dads who bought their kids CLAs and they know more than the fucking poor faggots here who drive 5 grand cars

Alright fucker, I'll entertain you

Post those Ferraris with bread on hood

What is it if it's not plastic? It looks like plastic from a distance.

That console layout, especially all the buttons in the rectangle, is terrible. It violates most of the tenants of user interface design by giving equal weight to every function.

So? It's more reliable and holds resale value better.

/thread
Most of the people here are either dumb teenagers or poor adults.

"Soft-touch" material. Google images of all the buttons and learn something.

That's a bad thing? A better car is a better car, regardless of badge

All this projecting over a midsize sedan lmao.

Get an used Cadillac Escalade, more bang for your buck and the added bonus of looking like a mob boss.

More like a nigger

i completely dont understand if you dont believe me so thats fine i wouldnt either

i dont live with him anymore, im in college and across the globe. im sure i have a pic somewhere of one i can whip up. he has a 599 and dino, ill see if i have a pic when i visited last weekend

>hes so poor he doesnt know theres more then one quality of plastic

Get a used Jaguar XJ, one in the 2013-2015 range will be in your range

Get a warranty of course

niggers drive chargers tho

Sure you don't live with him

niggers with drug money drive Escalades

Thought it was more rich suburban house wife

welp

used BMW X5M then

Nah that's the Model X these days

im fucking 20, why would i live with him? im not Veeky Forums who wageslaves.

whatever, doesnt matter, i dont want to talk about it. anyways, also its funny because my friends dad has a 2016 S63 (top of line mercedes) and his son has a CLA. In Veeky Forums's words he's "poor" but in reality Veeky Forums just doesnt comprehend the point of a entry level car. It's LITERALLY for people like him. the hopes is one day he will upgrade to S class as he ages.

The Escalade has been the transportation of choice for the culturally enriched basketball American ever since 50 Cent put Lamborghini doors on his

Dude my dad has had a W221 for ages, but he didn't buy me some entry level junk in highcshool or university

>It's LITERALLY for people like him. the hopes is one day he will upgrade to S class as he ages.
It's a fucking CLA, it's not for people like him because he should be well aware of what Mercedes has to offer

It's for aspirational people who have never had the opportunity to sit in a truly high end Mercedes

To be fair, if you came from a 2002 civic to a CLA, you'd think its pretty nice too