Crossover love thread

Who here loves their crossover? I love being able to load up my bikes and head to the nearest trails or velodrome. What do you love most about your crossover?

I like crossovers, but I recognize that the majority are bought by customers who'd be better served with a wagon or even a sedan

I agree with the wagon part but understand where you are coming from with the sedan. In my area the majority of cross over owners are really just one or two people and usual just haul groceries. They work well for my lifestyle and I even WISH the US had a better wagon(affordable) choices

>driving somewhere far away so you can ride your bike
>not just riding your bike

Whats the point? Unlike most other things you can ride a bike almost anywhere.

Do you not know what a trail or velodrome is?

I have a truck. Cross overs are for faggots.

>can tow my trailer
>can fit more in the bed than a cross over
>no real height restriction cuz no roof
>better visibility
>better ground clearance
>real 4x4
>same MPG
>basically better in every way

Being this full of crap about mpg

this

The main group of people that I think crossovers suit are old people
They want to be able to slide into a car and slide out
They don't want to have to twist their bodies in stupid ways to get into a car

>ride 10 miles on dangerous city roads on mountain bike
>get to trails
>too tired to ride trails then go 10 miles back
>ride back home in dangerous traffic, except now it's dark
>get hit by some asshole in a crossover coming home from riding bikes
>crippled
>ride wheelchair to walgreens and back for more depends since I can't use toilet.

I honestly think the majority of people who hate cross overs are the 16-25 demographic who still think the only good vehicle are civics stuff to the gills with things and no room for anything else.HECK I used to even be the same scoffing at crossover drivers about all the unnecessary space but now that I'm a bit older I see the idea of having the space. The only thing is I actually use it quite often and this is my commuter so sometimes I'm driving co-workers to work when its my turn...I love my crossover honestly...best choice I have made and I will get loads of money back on resale..that being said...like I mentioned previously I take FULL advantage of all the cargo and love every second of it.

CR-V Crossover
>25mpg

Ram 1500 Truck
>21 mpg

Rogue Crossover
>30 mpg

Canyon Truck
>31 mpg

Okay then. My gmc diesel gets better gas mileage than a lot of crossovers. But trucks and crossovers are close enough where the crossover isn't worth it. Not every truck is a 3500 dually quad cab.

And all of those figures of your truck get blown to bits when you tow..so whats your point?

>because a crossover won't also lose mpg when you tow with it
Are you retarded?

Pretty sure the point is that the MPG between cross overs and trucks is negligible.

Yeah but what I'm saying is not everyone needs to tow, also arguing that well your crossover sucks because it cant tow is irrelevant ...What is your point? Seriously?

>ignored all the better things about a truck and picks on one thing he doesn't like
LOL okay.

I have the POTENTIAL to tow a lot more (a uhaul, camper, whatever) if it comes up. I have more ground clearance. I have same MPG. I have better storage. I have better vision. I have just as many seats. I have just as many features. A truck is better in almost every metric, but keep trying to defend your crossover purchase with shit arguments.

Then remember;

>handles better
>more comfortable
>typically less road noise
>tighter turn radius
>lighter

You're talking as if somebody is saying that a crossover is a work vehicle

A little bit, yes
Also;
>people who live in areas with a lot of snow and ice, or quite bad roads
A little bit of extra ground clearance and AWD goes a long way.

Crossovers are very suited to the area I live in. Deep valleys with rough winters, lots of moose and folks who love to drive far into the forests to go hunting & hiking make the perfect place to own a crossover. Still, there are plenty of folk also here who don't even go off the paved roads and who actually have no need for anything more than a small wagon or anything more than five seats and your average boot

You may be from another part of the world/country where a truck makes more sense though. If the poster is NEVER going to tow then why bother with the idea of "having the ability to tow". Also another notable point is space and if the user is double parking. Nobody wants to commute daily with a fucking truck and then park it twice a day.You are getting insanely frustrated because the poster doesn't agree with you. Last I check it said crossover love thread not truck thread. Yo u can literally go

Your arguments are like saying hybrid SUVs obsolete wagons.

Trucks are not suited for certain people. Neither are crossovers. They both have advantages and disadvantages. Crossovers are:

>Cheaper
>Smaller
>More fuel efficent
>Quicker
>More nimble
>Safer

>handles better
Not really
>more comfortable
HAHAHAHAHAH no
>less road noise
HBAHAHAHAHAHAH no. What are tires?
>tighter turn radius
*citation needed
>lighter
literally means nothing and a crv is literally 300 lbs lighter than a canyon.

tl:dr you're dumb and bought a dumb vehicle.

>Cheaper
Nope
>Smaller
Nope
>More fuel efficent
Nope, did you know anything?
>Quicker
depends, some are some aren't
>More nimble
see above
>Safer
lol no

If you are the guy with the canyon then you really need to look into the mistake you made and not shit on crvs.

Thats my sisters Outlander. I drive a Hilux

Its kinda sad, we could've had an actual discussion about crossovers and their wrongful marketing or something

LOL you buy car like an elderly person. And you are just wrong.

We still can if you stop making shit up to defend your shitty purchase.

This may be limited to my area but all old people where I love drive midsized sedans. A lot of the younger crowd actually drive crossovers.

I wanted a wagon, but the only thing Subaru offered was the Outback crossover.

I love the 3.6 flat 6 engine's power and torque, but otherwise this thing leaves me "meh". My last two cars were Foresters, but they were much better in almost every respect that I almost hate this Outback. Every time I see a soccer mom in an Outback I want to drag her out of the car and beat her with a wet pillow.

It's OK, but is doesn't nothing well. It sucks at everything. And to make matters worse it sucks worse than a mid-2000s Forester at almost everything you can compare them. The Forester is better off road, more agile in traffic, better mpg, and better visibility. The Outback is ... uh... faster. And.... better stereo. And... larger back seat. And...... nothing. They ruined this car.

The only reason I didn't get a new Forester is that Subaru fucked it with a CVT and Honda CRV ergonomics. And you can't get a stick anymore.

Crossovers fucking suck.

I recently check on subarus...I liked the outback but then again I have never been in a late model one.

Not this poster but I mean you can shit on somebodies ride though man...I mean we all love cars, they just might love different aspects of them...this being said I love crossovers and can fully agree that they market them like absolute crap and are missing a HUGE segment and that is one that people want a capable spacious vehicle that isn't just a brick with wheels.

The fact that the lease expires in a year.

Get a hatchback and a bike rack senpai.

Op here. I would but I have heard risk about bike racks and carbon fiber bikes. I really don't wanna destroy it as its pretty expensive bike . I wish I could just bike rack it and not worry.

i own this thing, is it a crossover?

I have no idea what this thing is.

Yes, a crossover is an "SUV" looking thing based on a car unibody. Trucks and SUVs have frames.

Nice X5 btw.

>Handles Better
It does
>More comfortable
Debatable
>Less road noise
Maybe on a more premium Cross over. My Mitsu is loud as fuck, because lolshitsubishi sound deadening, and with my winter tires it gets even louder
>tighter turn radius
Tight as your anus
>lighter
Lighter

All in all, I like my Shitsubishi. It has more than enough room for my hauling needs, and handles great in the snow.

What kind of Mitsubitchu do you have?

I wanna get a Honda hrv.Anyone have one?

Same as your sister. She single?

Sorry to disappoint you; has a boyfriend and a kid

But yeah, that was the biggest drawback of that Outlander. My dad bought it in 2011 when it was 3 years old, and the road noise/engine noise was definitely noticeable; way more than in comparative crossovers like the Mazda CX-5, VW Tiguan and the Subaru Forester

Sister and her boyfriend bought it from him in 2014, while he bought a 2013 Outlander, which is a huge improvement in all departments; especially the noise

Terrible high beams tho

The latest version of the Outlander is actually quite good, they really stepped up their game. Local dealer sent me a letter asking me if I was interested in upgrading up. I test drove it and its leaps and bounds better than my 09. But I just bought winter tires so I am probably going to drive it into the ground.

fuck crossovers i want
MORE DELICAS

If only user, if only.

I advice you to try out the Mazda CX-5. I like it more than the Outlander

To be fair that generation X5 was based on the Range Rover, which I definitely wouldn't consider to be a crossover.

crossovers are nice I suppose. Small suvs for active people....or soccer moms and groceries...w.e still better than teenagers driving 20 year old civics or miatas 20 over the speed limit.

I want a diesel