/mcg/ - Minecraft General: tubes edition

Last Thread: We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-107982?jql=affectedVersion = "Minecraft 1.11" AND text ~ "explosion"
ftbwiki.org/Feed_The_Beast_Ultimate
minecraft.net/en/article/welcome-broville
minecraft.gamepedia.com/World_border
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Austim

2nd for meidos

3rd for when your crafting job is so big LP refuses to render the whole thing

man I don't know if I should learn gregtech or if I should relearn EU4 after not playing it for 2 years

4th for please show some thaumcraft alchemy set ups

5th for Server limbo

Trainserb2 WHEN

What are you trying to make?

install witching gadgets, plug in essentia pump

GregTech and post on this ded general.

bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-107982?jql=affectedVersion = "Minecraft 1.11" AND text ~ "explosion"

When?

A stack of LV centrifuges. The first of many.

Caring about stupid grief and minecraft PvP mechanics.

The great thing about 1.10 is that it forces you to reconsider your bloated modpack.

Did you really need "immersive birds" for example? 1.10 saved modded minecraft.

>Did you really need "immersive birds" for example?

I have never even heard of that and I am now overcome by intense need. Like holy shit, birds to perch on the immersive wires.

just checked and it's "exotic birds". similarly useless concept.

Helping the willfully retarded is not a good thing, user.

You think like an Apple hardware engineer.

Because fuck Moore and his law, right?

new Furlserb when?

Is there a reason to leave 1.7 era? Without TE I feel empty

>unironically relying on TE as a main tech mod
Shitter.

TE is comfy but I enjoy ender IO more now adays.

whats furlserb?

>enderIO
>not mekanism or IC2

The greatest serb ever hosted for /mcg/

>Having a preference

What the fuck is wrong with you.

I agree with ic2 but mek is just mawpc the mod for how easy it is to get a digital miner and 5x ore processing

i own a rly powerful dedi and its sitting doing nothing

what mods did furlserb have?

>digi
Usually disable that desu.
>5x ore processing
>easy
What universe do you live in?
It needs a fuckload of infrastructure.
3x is easy, too easy, but 5x is not.

Why did AE2 have to change so much from AE1

Fuck channels/inscriber meme

ftbwiki.org/Feed_The_Beast_Ultimate
All the mods from this pack and GregTech iirc. Maybe without Mystcraft.

what made it so good? why did it shut down?

Not sure why it got shut down but it had the best community and Gregtech kept the casuals out

I just want trains with fellow trainmen
when will trains be back on a serb?

>Gregtech
If I put a server up would it be played or would it die just like furlserb?

Also I am shit at building so how was the spawn laid out?

I'm not sure whether other people would be interested in GregTech because I'm not sure how much it's changed since 1.4.7. The spawn didn't have anything special as far as I know.

well if anyone else wants it just reply and ill do it, I have nothing better to do.

You can easily disable channels in the config. Make sure you remove all cables that use channels though or your world could get corrupted.

Also I think there's a mod that adds AE1 recipes so you don't have to use inscribers and shit (but still can).

where do i settle?

That bowl to the left of the fort.

Before I being my adventure, Does GT change how ore generates making the ores more spread out and not as evenly distributed?

ore generation is by chunks
namely, certain chunks will have certain ores

Artemon, what error message did you receive?

it makes ores more spread out when you look for a specific vein
but GT generates an ore vein every 3 chunks in each direction

Koo, thanks senpaitachi.

I've already disabled channels but thanks for the heads up. Ill look for that mod

Make a castle on the mountain on the far left and then procede to conquer and make colonies everywhere on the land.

Actually you can change AE2 recipes to AE1 recipes through the AE2 config.

>but GT generates an ore vein every 3 chunks in each direction
That sounds pretty casual though. You know exactly where to look for the ore then.

Don't have access to my desktop at work but whats the config option called?

這個星期天在我的工藝將軍
I sure do hope the server pad gets unlocked until then

yeah once you find out the middle of an ore vein it gets pretty easy to probe other veins

Serb release when? My autism has been building over the weeks and I'm not sure if I can contain it anymore

>No Extra Bees

sunday
thinking of throwing out storage drawers because these beauties exist
mawpc

on an unrelated note, would you like ass magica 2 in the pack? locked away behind higher tiers of both clay and greg of course

what beauties

The ore processing is fine, It requires lots of infrastructure and is really slow. The power gen is more mawpc than meme reactors though.

asdasdasd
opengl is throwing errors because I have optifine installed for testing purposes

>growing trees
I like when people post their mod lists, I always find something cool I haven't heard of.

I'll open it up again on friday.

i wish people would post their mod lists more often so i can copy everyone's because i don't know what in the fuck

Here's what I'm currently running. It's a modified version of the tfc serb that I'm not playing on because my IP's data allowance ran out.

wasn't hoboserb hosted by a /mcg/ dude

if so has he said anything about it

if not, you never should have betrayed this place by playing on a server hosted by an outsider

hobo is our dude, my man

Yes, it died because monthly payments didn't go through, so the world and a bunch of other stuff got wiped, he got tired, was moving, as well as some other stuff.

birb

balans

I'm thinking of putting together a personal modpack, whats a good place to check out mods I can use?

I really want to have Thaumcraft and Tinkers I know.

I want to have some tech mods to work with but I like the feel of magic mods better than like modern tech is, is there anything that's more like 1800s tech or "steampunk" feeling than shit like IC2 is?

Do we have any ancap serbs?

There are no serbs, much less a jewish war simulator serb.
PvP serbs are for shitters who can't into INDUSTRY

What about an industrial PVP serb?

There'd have to be terms of engagement.
Children would also ruin it.

I want a pvp server with thaum/industry but it would never work

not feeling like configuring oregen so expect 10 kinds of copper ore

Do it without gregtech

Who remembers Inacio's anarchy serb?

>"do it without gregtech"
>newfriends don't know what old gregtech was
>they don't know that it was just an addon
>they don't know it didn't take over every modded item it could identify
>they don't know it didn't butcher recipes into microcrafting mess
>they don't know that gregtech was great until gregtech 5 came and ruined everything

Is gregtech really worth it? I've heard a lot of dodgy things about it requiring endless amounts of materials to make the most basic of machines. I've played on a bunch of servers without it so I'm kinda skeptical of it. Why would you complicate recipes in such a manner?

Fill me in my dude.

Wow a map made on Veeky Forums makes it the front page on MC.net

>minecraft.net/en/article/welcome-broville

I played gregtech years ago. It was retardedly overcomplex for the sake of being """"""""hard"""""""""",for the most BASIC of machines

Is there a mod that allows me to limit the size of the map I can play on? Like in indev.

1.4.7 versions of gregtech werent that hard and overcomplicated

1.7.10 is where its at

Can't you do that with vanilla minecraft? You set up the world border option or something

Doesn't look like it. I may just copy out a large chunk of land into an empty save.

Look into Immersive Engineering. I think it has the type of aesthetic you're looking for. Functionally it does ore processing and some autocrafting. Nothing to advanced. You should also have some sort of tubes mod like thermal dynamics or build craft, even though those look a bit modern.

minecraft.gamepedia.com/World_border
this isn't what you had in mind?

Where do you do this? Not seeing a config unless you mean custom recipes?

Do you find ftb infinity expert to be fun?

if yes then you would like gregcraft since it's a microcrafters heaven

Huh. Didn't know that existed. Thanks.

>5 stages to get basic machine chasis
How bout no

Yup thats what people think is "expert" I am autistic for mods but that shit is pure hell

~Ducky, do you happen to be from Tinychan? Because this Matt shtick is a pretty strong indicator. Who else would know about it unless it is someone from the chanosphere?

rate

dedth

bepis

Is there a way to recover a corrupted world save if I didn't make a backup beforehand?

>is there anything that's more like 1800s tech or "steampunk" feeling than shit like IC2 is?
Not much, they all go, like
>So, steam! Great. What can we do with steam? Uhh, heaters! And Grinders. That's it, brb making a steam mod about heaters and grinders.
I mean, why shy all the magic like endershittery and such, or redstone, or just going hopeful steampunk fantasy? Need laser, make huge ass multilayered lenses out of glass\whatever, need something "programmable", put a fucking NPC that you can befriend and make him work for food, it'll end up more believeable then stone slab with redstone acting as a fully programmed chip capable of understanding LUA scripting anyway.
Factorization is kind of that, but it's a fucking all over the place mess desu.
There's awesome Flaxbeards Wondrous Steam Power, but it has almost no content and the team managing it does nothing with it but fixes some obscure bugs one in half a year. Cogs of the Machine did manage do drag itself to 1.7.10 after years later dying but it turned out it was just decomposition gasses farting out propelling it's body into 1.7.10, it's as dead as it was and has virtually no content. Rotarycraft is a mix of electrical\mechanical power, but mostly it falls under mechpower mods, it just has some shit like diesel engines to generate shafts work, so check that out i guess.

Where's the 3x3 masterrace TP for 1.11?

What do you guys use for teleportation?