Who /early retirement/ here?

Who /early retirement/ here?

I'm 27 and about to abandon the wageslave world. Feels good

25 here, looking to retire by 35.

So what's your monthly expenses, NW, passive income and withdrawal rate? What investment vehicles have you chosen?

At such an early age, your swr must be pretty low.

> 27
> about to retire

What?

So you have $1,000,000+ and don't need to work again.

I'd say it would probably need to be more than that given the early age. At least 2M to really be safe

How did you achieve this lifestyle?

I retired at 32. I've been retired so long it no longer impresses me.

enjoy it, OP. It gets a bit boring after a while.

I could retire with $550k if I live'd off of $800/m, which is more than I spend a month as it is.

Tell me the secret of your ways oh wise one.

>How did you achieve this lifestyle?
What lifestyle? For all we know he's expecting to live like a king on $10k/annually. Or he lives in some third-world Yuropoor or Latin country.

Details matter.

>$800/m
Literally below poverty level. You people are stupid as fuck.

>dude why isn't everyone a materialist like me

I retired on about $120k/year, which is what, $10k per month?

enough that neither me or my wife have to work. My kids don't really have to work either but I'd rather they did just because it's best to have skills to fall back on.

That's a lot better than 800 per month. It would place you in the 4M net worth range which is good.

>It would place you in the 4M net worth range which is good
assuming I retired solely off of tangible assets I suppose you're right.

in reality my net has fluctuated over the last 12 years, ranging from below $1 million to over $4 million.

currently my net worth is about $1 million. I live off income from my business though. Not off interest or capital gains. It is possible that I will lose everything at some point. Not likely, but possible.

We're pretty much in the same place then. My income isn't fully inflation adjusted, though, so I'm working on that. so I don't consider myself retired yet

I sell contracts six years into the future and adjust the price for inflation, so I'm covered on that. I don't factor in growth so that can go up and I'll be fine.

only real situation where I could lose is another business coming in and eating me for breakfast, but that's hard to do because of economy of scale. Even then I'd probably sell out to them and stay retired if they were a real threat.

I'm not really on a fixed income though. I can presumably always make more.

I make six figures and only spent only around $5000 last year on expenses other than rent. It's not hard to be frugal if you aren't a retard.

> keep spinning the hamster wheel

Okay bud. Have fun slaving away.

>materialist
>poverty level

We're talking about actual, literal poverty here. Not just living a frugal lifestyle. Fucking reallife poverty.

Retard.

>$10k per month?
And? What the fuck does that have to do with my post?

Idiot.

Jesus, this thread.

>What the fuck does that have to do with my post?
you said,
>you people
I gave you a counter example indicating your error.

you were too dim to understand and became insulting.

I have now explained it to you.

I think you're caught up now, let me know if you have any more questions.

Yes, we all know you're the janitor who roleplays having sold a successful business in at least 4 threads every day.

And yet, in all that time, you've never posted shred of evidence or proof.

So no, dumbass, you haven't provided any "counter example." On the contrary, you confirm the worst stereotypes on this board. Sad.

>you've never posted shred of evidence or proof.
I regularly post evidence, you just missed it I guess.

which is weird, considering you seem to read everything else I post. Which is also a bit sad.

22 here about to retire and just live off the land

I you think posting a few statements from a sweep account somehow proves anything you've said, then I'm even more convinced of your roleplaying.

Don't feel bad. You've got a lot of company on this board. You'e not even in the top half of interesting pretenders here.

well I suppose, if you're determined to doubt the only thing I could do is friend you on facebook, or give you my business name, either of which defeats the idea of anonymity.

however the mere fact that I have at least $100k a year going through my checkbook and can afford to post on Veeky Forums all day every day should tell you something.

I did take a week off last month to cruise the Caribbean with my family of course. I wasn't posting then except for this pic.

but bear in mind I'm here for much the same reason you are- to laugh at the pathetic stereotypes. Yours for example. You think I SOLD my business? Why would I do that? You can't imagine retiring except on money in the bank.

in reality most people that retire young do it the way I did- by drawing a salary from a business they own and employ others to run. It's funny to read Veeky Forums thinking a bank account or investments would do it for most people that start off poor.

Congrats, you bought a ticket on a commuter ferry. That must have cost you a solid $3.50.

Just stop kid. You're not fooling anyone smart enough to care.

>at least $100k a year going through my checkbook
You think that's a lot? This is getting more and more sad.

Calling bullshit. Unless you don't have a phone/Internet/water/power/insurance/tv/bill, car pooled or took public transportation everywhere and skipped out on basic hygiene supplies. What's the point of making 6 figs if you're just gonna live in poverty lol

23 here and my website made 2000$ today, never had a job.

I have a Nexus 5X I bought for $200 and spend $25 a month for service. I pay $50 a month for 100/10 internet through Comcast. I'm not a idiot boomer so I don't pay for cable. Water and electricity costs me $100 a month and food is around $150 a month. I bike to work, owning a car is a waste of money.

How do you buy food for 150$ a month? Do you eat healthy foods or just eggs and rice lol...?

can you elaborate

How do you pay $25 for service? I need to lower my bill and I have a 5x too

well, 4 tickets actually.
I have family.

what's that come to, $14 at $3.50 each?

so tell me, do you make six figures doing nothing? Have you done so since your early 30's? Sure, it's not a lot of money, but it's pretty good pay for doing nothing the last 12 years.

have a smile, from my family to yours.

>eggs and rice
>not healthy foods

Google Fi, I'm been thinking of switching to FreedomPop or Ringplus, but haven't gotten to it yet.

A week's worth of groceries is generally 3 lbs of meat for $20, a loaf of bread for $3, 3 lbs for frozen veggies for $6, maybe a dozen eggs for $2. I buy rice in bulk. Of course I sprinkle in seasonings like curry and soy sauce and other random stuff. Occassionally I get potatoes and onions, those are really cheap and filling.

here's a pic of us in Hawaii a couple years back.
we do something like this once or twice a year.

most of my vacations probably cost more than you make in a year. No point in retiring broke.

Nice pic, but 7-day cruises to Belize on blue-collar lines like Carnival cost as little as $399/person. That's less than ONE NIGHT at a decent New York hotel. If you're trying to impress us with your lavish spending, you're going to have to try harder.

Look, I don't doubt that you're a hard working middle-class breadwinner who earns a modest, but honest, living. Be proud of that. Why you would roleplay being a wealthy retiree is beyond me.

>Nice pic, but 7-day cruises to Belize on blue-collar lines like Carnival cost as little as $399/person
with a balcony? hmm.
but you're right, that cruise set me back only about six grand with airfare. I spent a couple thousand more on jewelry, watches, meals, and drinks.

>I don't doubt that you're a hard working middle-class breadwinner who earns a modest, but honest, living. Be proud of that. Why you would roleplay being a wealthy retiree is beyond me.

a better question is if you think I'm hard working, how do I find all this time to hang out on Veeky Forums?

the reality of my life isn't that exciting. I'm not roleplaying, I simply don't have a job. I do have a company worth a fair bit of money. I have currently 8 employees down from an all time peak of 16 in 2011, and I don't work.

believe it or not.

late 20s here. Got a guarantied $24k/y in autismbucks, plus what ever I make from investing and gambling.
Pretty close to retired life, technically I'm classed as disabled tho.
Certainly not wealthy but quite comfy

>how do I find all this time to hang out on Veeky Forums?
Are you under the impression that shitposting on Veeky Forums takes time, energy, or intelligence? You're living proof this isn't true.

As for why you keep roleplaying, I really don't know. I suspect you get off on the attention you derive from 16 year olds who aren't smart enough to know that you live a modest, unimpressive lifestyle. It's a shame you aren't more proud of what you are, rather than pretending on the internet.

also if you cared to check into it you'd likely find I've been lurking Veeky Forums daily for years.

I am for example the user on /an/ that has a 1000 gallon saltwater aquarium. They may or may not remember me there, but I've posted near daily on that board since shortly after moot made it.

I really have nothing better to be doing. And I'll probably be here a while.

>you live a modest, unimpressive lifestyle
of course I do.
I say it all the time.

the only thing I ever blow money on is vacations.

a million bucks or a hundred thousand a year really isn't that much money. This thread is about retiring young though, and one of us actually knows something about that.

you do realize your wife is horribly unattractive and you are clearly autistic to not realize this, as well as to post pics of your family on here.

yes, I am autistic. Yes, I understand you don't want my wife.

Nobody cares if I post pics of my family here. The user didn't believe I went on a cruise for some weird reason so I posted a pic for him.

I'm not sure why he thinks I'd lie about that, but he's clearly a skeptic.

>a million bucks or a hundred thousand a year really isn't that much money
Wow big spender, I'm sure you're a local celebrity down at the Cracker Barrel too.

Look, I could seriously ruin your night here if we got into a dick measuring contest, but the truth is that I have respect for blue collar workers who provide for their families. I think your roleplaying and penchant for exaggeration is a bit pathetic and sad, but far it be from me to deprive you of your coping tools as long as you aren't feeding the youngsters intentionally bad advice.

To refresh your recollection, my only post in the thread was to point out that $900/month is below poverty levels. You -- for some reason -- took that as an invitation to engage in a discussion of your finances. Whatever. I don't feel like belittling you any further, and I've made my point to you quite clearly.

Have a pleasant evening.

>Look, I could seriously ruin your night here if we got into a dick measuring contest,
do it, it would make me smile. I've seen several people here that are wealthier than me.

nothing you say changes my reality in the slightest so I don't take any of it personally.

I find it amusing that you honestly can't believe there are small business owners in the world and that some of them might not work. So crazy. Like we're some super-rare phenomenon.

enjoy your evening as well.

tfw you post family pictures on Veeky Forums

so dox me.

you'll likely discover that I'm a retired business owner.

perhaps you'll send me some pizza. good luck finding delivery in the middle of the night though.

BETA BUX FEEDER
>betabuxfeeder
BETA BUX FEEDER
>betabuxfeeder
BETA BUX FEEDER
>betabuxfeeder
BETA BUX FEEDER

>spend the 3-5 years most people would working by living in your parents basement developing your website
>to the point where you make 2,000$

>Retirement before 30
>Anything less than 10 million
Pick only one, unless you're going for that cuckshed and ramen noodels, with no health expenses

Lmao.. this fucking guy.
Capping this thread for further lolz

I've posted one of those pics here before.

currently doing my books for November.
If you have any sense once you get done laughing at me you'll perhaps ask how I got my business to buy me a new truck tax free.

Or how my biz is buying 1/3 of my house that I use for my office and warehouse. Or how I can, if I want, write off traveling the world as a business expense.

I'm cringeworthy, but the truly funny threads on Veeky Forums aren't ones I'm in.
>how do you save money, Veeky Forums?
>how can I make money without doing any business, Veeky Forums?
>how to get rich without working, Veeky Forums?
then laugh at anyone that knows the answers.

That's on my todo list, actually. Israelifag here, 23, and just finished my military obligations.
Now, that I finally got the chance to begin living my life as I want, I intend to create a DG (dividend growth) portfolio.
I don't know how long am I going to keep it growing - 10, 15 or 20 years - but I like to keep it open for now.

>hurr show me proof
- okay here
>THATS NOT REEEEAAAALLL PROOF REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Gee, I wonder why all the actual useful posters stopped coming here.

Why are you splurging? He admitted to being what I suspected he was all along: a middle-class blue collar bread winner.

He also posted pictures of his wife and children on Veeky Forums, exhibited unstable behavior, and admitted to having autism. But go ahead and put him on your personal pedestal. Who am I to choose your role models?

>Gotta love this board.

>He admitted to being what I suspected he was all along: a middle-class blue collar bread winner.
I admitted to also being a retired millionaire business owner.

sometimes a multimillionaire when the wind is blowing in the right direction.

and a man that hasn't had a job, worked an 8 hour shift, or a 40 hour week for longer than you've been alive.

still waiting for your impressive figures, bro. I'm confident they'll show up soon.

Jesus, you're a sad little man. You really should quit while your behind. I gave you a graceful out, but you're too stupid to take it.

>$200 and tax returns
>thinks he's a millionaire
Wew lad.

>I gave you a graceful out, but you're too stupid to take it.

so prove me wrong already. Lets start with that more-than-$100k you're making this year.

Bank statements with a timestamp will do. I'll just hold my breath until you post it.

>corrects the spelling error
>misses the grammatical error.
kids these days, amirite?

Cleaning guy. Is there an archived thread where you go into details about how you started?

probably.
as user above notes I post in at least 4 threads a day.

I got started when I was dating my wife there. She was 100 lbs lighter and I was a hospital kitchen manager. She cleaned offices for a living and made more money in an hour than I did in 10.

so when we moved in together I took over her cleaning work so she didn't have to work. I was working for her sister who owned the company. I asked her sis for more hours and she offered to sell me her biz. She wanted to move, so she said if I worked it for a year and paid all the proceeds to her I could have it. It made $75k that year. The next year once it was paid off I dropped her lowest paying clients, aggressively bid a couple large jobs, and won them.

I hired some people to do the work and went to just managing sales and doing bookwork. Eventually things got too big for me to want to mess with so I promoted a manager and stepped back from the company.

>so prove me wrong already. Lets start with that more-than-$100k you're making this year.
Since you like tax forms, let's compare. Feel free to respond as soon as you can match my AGI.

You're an annoying little pleb, but I wasn't kidding when I said I respect people like you who provide for their family. Just lay off the roleplaying and stop exaggerating all the time. I take no pleasure in demoralizing or insulting middle class wagies. Without people like you, I wouldn't be where I am.

But drop the attitude and learn to be content with what you have. Someone always has more. In this case, that's me.

Thanks for the laugh, janitor-user. Glad I visited your board tonight.

I asked for bank statements for a reason.

I also have turbotax and can print up any number on a tax form I want.

Pot. kettle. black.

It's clear you're not going to shut up or stop roleplaying no matter what I do. I've nether the time nor interest to deal with someone like you any further.

I'm not roleplaying, and I'm not likely to stop posting here even if you magically did have more than me.

I would just congratulate you and keep right on doing what I'm doing.

Good answer, although I still wouldn't have posted a picture of my family.

OP here. I don't live in the US. I've been working since I was 17. When I was 21, I found an online job that paid a well above average wage. I also maintained a very frugal lifestyle so far. Right now I'm investing in government bonds and real estate. I also dabbled with Forex and the stock market a few years ago with minor success.
About my retirement: I've calculated a SWR of 4%, but I think I'll be able to manage life in a comfy middle-class neighborhood with way less. This includes health care, entertainment money, etc. I probably will still pick some jobs online, so I guess the tendency is for my network to grow a little bit

id like to hear more about how you started the biz...(first post in this threat and not looking to argue with anyone)

take this pic as a sign of peace from the Mongolian toaster repair board

Wait. Which one of those females do you actually fuck?
>early retirement
convinced me to wageslave until death th-thanks

kek, dude stop posting personal shit on here. you are just falling for that retards bait

You look like bryan cranston a bit
can you tell us how your life story? Not memeing, literally want to start a business for extra income and got my whole life to get it right. But you seem like you got your shit together. Any life advice?

oh you're that janitor guy cool. Don't mean to offend but why your wife? She might be a great person and all but I mean get her to browse Veeky Forums then pay for skin surgery. I just don't get why you are married to her bro. Are you attracted to her? Look, she's probs got a good personality but why tie yourself down like that? Do you have no self respect?

I'm not a Fat people hater but I'm assuming she doesn't give a fuck she's obese and it affects everyone around her (health etc).

I'm in a similar situation, but make a little less. I'm 26 and single.

Very tempted to make an acquisition, small businesses in my industry trade at a great multiple.

>posts personal info and family pics on Veeky Forums if all places.
>autism

On second thought, maybe not.

do you only love people that you think others will find attractive?

because if so, you don't love them, you just love how they make you feel about yourself. You love how they make you look.

that is a sort of insecurity you may one day grow out of.

But I can't put my fist in her childhood dreams and I can't fuck her college degree

So looks are the only thing important to me.

see >posts personal info
kek

what of that looks like personal info to you?

Story OP?

Might stop working when i hit $1.5M-$2M since it would enable me to live a comfortable life. But that wont be until im 35-40 years old.

haven't met anyone i could put up with. Power to you.

>Zero inflation for sure.
>Never starting family or contributing to society in any meaningful way.
>Sit in basement playing Xbox
What a life!

for me the secret was finding someone that can put up with me.

I'm a particular sort of asshole though.

The wife was my highschool sweetheart and childhood friend. I love her no matter what she looks like.

My ex wife was never comfortable with my attempts to start businesses. She was scared of the risk and didn't trust my abilities. My current wife encouraged me all the way even though I was risking our house and cars and everything. She wasn't scared and she trusted me completely even when I failed. She was with me when I was poor and I'm not going to leave her or try to change her now that we're not poor. She's my partner, she's more than earned it.

Lots of women have wanted me after I made my money. I'm sure I could get a better looking wife. I couldn't get a better wife though.

Photos of family, sales metrics, EXIF data on all your photo uploads.

>sales metrics,
that would be true if I posted an entire year. I don't report sales quarterly. I'm careful not to post my annual sales though since that is public info.

>EXIF data on all your photo uploads.
honestly? have you checked the EXIF on the pics I posted?

go ahead. check it.

>risking all of family assets
Sounds pretty irresponsible.
On a serious note. Say I was in the janatorial business. What would it be like getting financing to purchase more contracts, rather than build them from scratch? Does traditional financing like SBA apply?

>Gets boring.

Living a life of freedom and not working 50 hours a week for peanuts.

The fuck...

>Does traditional financing like SBA apply?
yeah, you can go in to your bank and apply for an SBA loan to buy out competitors.

at least for now. The SBA is a Democratic program, the GOP has been trying to get rid of it since it was started. Now they can.

Whoooooa. What kind of time / money investment is that. I can't even keep a tomatoe plant alive let alone fish. Fuck me...

Oh, u should check /diy. We are trying to help OP make a breathi g apparatus for his hopefully land lobster. Its a long story but funny as fuck. Also your contribution would be appreciated.

Cheers m8.

that's actually exactly it... lmao

You honestly think Trump will pull the rug out from under small business?

it's congress, not trump that has the power here.

all trump can do is approve or deny the requests of congress. Historically Trump's business dealings have destroyed small businesses. So yeah. Overall I do think that. Republicans have tried at least three times now to destroy the SBA, now they've got the guy to do it.

Not that I personally care, I'm used to competing with large corporations and winning. And I've never borrowed against my business.

More than a new Camaro, less than a used Ferrari.

Gotta Ask.

You argue the other dude is a roleplayer etc etc yaddayadda. But wtf are you contributing?

No information, no ideas, no skills, you are the typical naysayer true bizz people live for to beat them the fuck down and prove them wrong.

Dude with cleaning bizz and wife and kids holiday. You rock. Other naysayers, get fucked and cucked for having nothing but critique, but no balls to step into the arena.

What the fuck are you going to do with it? Find his boss and report him for going on Veeky Forums and get him fired? kek

Don't bother engaging with the peasants. They don't have the capacity to understand these things. I am very well off at 24 and despite posting statements, it's just "hurr durr photoshop" or some other nonsense. Just blend in and pretend to be a poor retard. It's what I do

>Dude with cleaning bizz and wife and kids holiday. You rock
thanks!

you gotta admit the other dude spent hours pumping my ego by pretending any of my accomplishments are unbelievable, and by making the thread all about me. Frankly even I'm sick of hearing about me by now! We'll give my life a rest for a while I think.

kek'd

>Just blend in and pretend to be a poor retard. It's what I do
me too 90% of the time. It's why I don't trip, I actually post here a lot more than user suspects.

>pumping my ego
Jesus you truly are pathetic.
>I actually post here a lot more than user suspects
Trust me, we all know. You shit up every thread by thinking that making it to middle class mediocrity qualifies you to give financial advice. It's sad, but I believe in social Darwinism, so anyone too stupid to ignore you deserves their fate.