/mmg/ Mega Man General

Ugly Sweater Edition
Thread No. 130
Discuss anything Mega Man related. Art, OCs, Music, Fan Games, the comics, cartoons, etc. Discussion about Mega Man-esque games, Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Red Ash and Inafune is also welcome.

>Previous Thread

>list of all games
megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

>List of fan games
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_games

>Comic, Manga, other printed media
pastebin.com/VQbnMXGe

>Music Playlists and Albums
pastebin.com/6iYqEkM2
A TON of Mega Man remix albums (and some Gunvolt CDs)

>Cartoons and Anime
pastebin.com/Uq6Wi9Ms

>Our booru!
mmg.booru.org/

>Here's our discord chat
discord.gg/93tPPf2

Other urls found in this thread:

yachtclubgames.com/2016/12/designing-gunvolt-part-1-of-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=Yv8XJJwYjjk
youtube.com/watch?v=JUqLxQFb-Pw
themmnetwork.com/blog/2016/12/13/udon-collectibles-releases-new-line-of-mega-man-shirts
rockman-corner.com/2016/12/heres-all-stuff-that-comes-with-mega.html
rockman-corner.com/2016/12/mega-man-star-force-character-designer.html
tumblr.com/video_file/t:SUrvlhJOoJ2UHAfo06IEBw/154503263838/tumblr_oi4tni29jp1sicbn9/480
heatst.com/gaming/backers-of-mighty-no-9-kickstarter-enraged-say-theyre-getting-swindled/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for OVA

2nd for lore, maybe

Half of these robots have sad faces on them.
It seems that Cossack is really getting into the villain role. Maybe that's foreshadowing? Maybe he'll end up like being evil.

Pharaoh Man also seems really into it. Maybe he defects for real.

I'm not going to storytime this consistently, but it might be good for discussion whenever we need a pick-me-up

If you see foreshadowing, any sort of deep lore, let us know!

Although I've just noticed one myself.

The Mega Man Killers are looking at Mega Man. The Genesis Unit are looking at Quint. Could this indicate that The Genesis Unit will try to kill Quint?

Also, note how Mega Man's shot is headed right for Bright Man's fat face. Bright Man was previously established as a non combatant. Maybe Mega Man kills him on accident?

I'm feeling festive!

Chad Thomas is a cool guy and it's a shame that he didn't get to do more issues.

reminder that duo is strong enough that he would outmatch even the people of the X Zero and ZX series

If Duo had showed up during the Elf Wars, he would have destroyed the Mother Elf once it became the Dark Elf preventing the Zero series from happening.

A lot of problems wold have been solved if our local space officer did his job once every few decades

yachtclubgames.com/2016/12/designing-gunvolt-part-1-of-2/

Anyone here think gunvolt is kinda generic for a main character? i mean even moreso than the megaman ones? this post pretty much explained to me why i had such a problem with him..he's a light novel character in all but genre!

eh, these anime dudes sort of blend together

>can't get it as an actual knit
>have to get it as a screen print on sweatshirt
fucking shame

You might as well go hot-glue on sweatshirt

I'd say it's more along the lines of a determined father. One who would do anything to protect his little girl.
It's likely similar for Pharaoh Man, who was previously shown as being very protective of Kalinka during the Robotics Trade Show.

since its the Real Anniversary for starforce here in the US, here's a few subarus i did awhile back

While most of them look sad or determined, Drill Man looks more resentful than anyting. He might've completely been uninterested and unmotivated to fighting and angry that he was forced into it.

Not sure if related, but it's mentioned in Worlds Collide that the Genesis Unit gets killed off for real.

Designing Copen article when?

At the end of ASG2 I think it would have been cooler if Fairy Zonda really did rip away everything but Stellar Spark when taking the shards back.
Then she'd also use Paradise Lost and all hope would seem lost, only for Copen to pull out Greed Snatcher.

Oh yeah, Mega Man said HE was the one that destroyed the Genesis unit's IC chips. No way would they have been killed by Quint.

Which means that Quint killed them

resulting in 10 pages of more angst

I know what you mean, but he's more likable for whatever reason.

One of these characters can produce heat but chooses not to

True to Archie Mega Man form.

Imagine "What am I FIGHTING FOR" and copypaste it 1 thousand times, and we'll have covered Ian's plans for the rest of the series

I've yet to see this part of the OVA. Does anyone have a link to it?

I mean, I just googled it, but here you gooooooo

youtube.com/watch?v=Yv8XJJwYjjk

No I mean the christmas part. Did that actually ever happen?

youtube.com/watch?v=JUqLxQFb-Pw

they are actually celebrating new years and Children's Day

No, That is definetely a face of mirth

The Dark Men were probably going to get more character focus.
Gravity Man doesn't look as into it as the others, but that's most likely just his "anti-social scholar" personality showing.

themmnetwork.com/blog/2016/12/13/udon-collectibles-releases-new-line-of-mega-man-shirts

rockman-corner.com/2016/12/heres-all-stuff-that-comes-with-mega.html

rockman-corner.com/2016/12/mega-man-star-force-character-designer.html

>Have to wait five more years to get anything special.

At least, you will wait together with me and the other 5 ZX fans.
I can keep you company, user.

This was the best scene in the game.

That was the best scene in the series.

Can't argue with that!

HELLO, GOOD MORNING!
HOPE YOU ALL A NICE DAY!

Good morning!

We seems to be sort of dead.
Was everyone out buying christmas stuff

Nah, it's usually still quiet around this time. Activity should pick up again in a couple of hours.

Hope so. Otherwise we will hit image limit with even less posts again.

There hasn't been much to have a big discussion about, unfortunately.

True.
Maybe discuss the possibel plot of a SF4 since it's 10 years old now?

>Implying we'll get a new Mega Man game in 5 years

We made several AUs so far and we knew it wasn't going to get a return.
Why not make a game plot for a game we know it won't be made?
Like, what would you wish to happen? What do you want back?
Personally, I want enemies based on constellations again, that was cool. I want SF to go full saint seiya

tumblr.com/video_file/t:SUrvlhJOoJ2UHAfo06IEBw/154503263838/tumblr_oi4tni29jp1sicbn9/480

>mfw when I see Mega Man merch in public.

Nice trick

>crash man
>hands

Star Force didn't sell, user. They gave it three goes at it didn't sell.

>Magma Fefnir
He got a nice fursona.

Does Omega goes "grrrr, Weil.""grrrr, X""grrrr, Zero" in the JP version of Zero 3 or its a dub thing only?

That's actually a good question.

heatst.com/gaming/backers-of-mighty-no-9-kickstarter-enraged-say-theyre-getting-swindled/

The gift that keeps on giving. Ha.

Because he seems dumb like a animal in the EN version but I remember someone saying he isn't.

This is absolutely beautiful.

Too thicc.