"hey lets slam the brakes eh that should help"

>"hey lets slam the brakes eh that should help"

>mfw

youtube.com/watch?v=K0CJMGUhr5U

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JZUDzNrvarc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Always fun to see vids like these from areas that don't usually get snow and ice

No balls! NO BAALLLLSSS!

This is why winter-tires are mandatory in some contrys.
Also deflating the tires a bit gives you a bit more traction.

this was in montreal dumbfuck

its montreal lel

>no relief around leafs

Well fuck, then whats their excuse?

Just drive in a lower gear than usual and slow down
Winter tires if you want

I don't know how dumb fucks live in the winter

It's amazing, really. Basic shit, and they can't do it no matter how many years they experience the same conditions.

You forgot no rapid accelerations.
But indeed it is pretty basic stuff.

Our snow plows/winter street cleaning guys are never on their game combined with people forgetting how to drive whenever the snow comes back. On that street the guys who throw down the road salt only did the opposite side and fucked off. Most of them probably didn't have their winter tires on as well, they're legally required to only by the 15th of December.

>No one uses uses snow tyres except the plow man

*not even

Montreal?

I'm like 200 miles south in NY how the fuck can these people be worse?

>You forgot no rapid accelerations
But then you don't get hektik tofu skids

90% of all cars are fitted with all seasons. Winter tires wouldn't have prevented any of this. You think the city (and people) are gonna have all their cars demounted and mounted with winter tires?

>hektik tofu skids
Most people will fuck up those.
If you realy want to do skids drive on a empty parking lot.

Ice is ice, on a hill like that unless you had chains or studded tires you'd be sliding as well.

Funny, its illegal in Quebec not to have snow tires on at this time of year.

Nordic-friction class studless tires should've done just fine, unless my eyes deceive me and that hill is covered in absolutely "fine polished" ice with water or dry powder snow ontop

That shit is the worst

Oh fuck, its illegal in 10 days, my bad.

Still you'd think at least the police would have them on.

montreal isn't quebec?

voyons donc

What? Montreal is IN quebec?

Maybe your thinking of Quebec city?

That's what I'm doing after work tomorrow in the ferd assuming it snows. My battery exploded last time it snowed so I need to get my fill of donuts

The way everything is sliding, it looks like a slippery layer of black ice to me with just a bit of snow sprinkled on.

Not much to do in that situation other than ride it down, or take your foot of the brake and hope the steering tires get enough traction to let you avoid the obstacles.

Sadly there is no snow in my area yet and my car is a FWD econobox.

You're right I just watched again

You do some e brake sliding.

fucking plow man doesn't even need snow tires

he has the ultimate brake

>a fucking plow

>mfw quebecois can't drive for shit

Indeed, I will do some soon.
At least it still has a hanbrake.

>gets to the plow truck
Oh fucking man that was the best part.

actually required in canada

Plow-man got stuck on my street last winter, I considered helping plow-man but RWD Ranger so I'd have probably just made things worse

With chains you should have been able to help.

You could be right.

Remimds me of last winter when I was heading up the mountain road to drop off some keys. On the longest "straight" I see a red Starcraft on yellow plates coming down the road, and I notice that its moving slow and weirdly. As it passes I can see the wheels all locked up, with the driver frantically shouting to the passengers, just sliding down the road

Luckily the road leveled a little bit out further down, and had also been gritted recently

Illegal where I live, and studded tires :(

Was also a F-650 or some shit, no way I'd have done shit

>snow chains illegal
dafaq
How would the cops get you anyway when they can´t even drive?

What the fuck. This is Canada. How the fuck do none of these stupid assholes know what to do? Not even driving wise. If the hill is that bad all the police have to do is shut the fucking road down at the top of the hill. I would expect to see this sort of retardation out of Atlanta or something, but this just proves Canadians are fucking stupid.

Anything is better than nothing.

My Merc would several times be able to make bigger cars come out of a ditch or similar. Elastic recovery rope with good timing from the stuck car can do wonders

>>snow chains illegal
>dafaq

Yeah fucking studs and chains are banned because they "ruin" the road. It's really stupid IMO, because the majority aren't going to run either anyways (not even half use fucking snows), thereby hardly ruining the road.

Yeah its true, I dont deny it. But there was a good 40cm of snow, I'd have gotten stuck getting to them, let alone pulling them

But winter tires are mandatory in quebec

>15th December

Wow. I visited Switzerland on the 9thNOV and in more elevated areas people already were throwing on chains

t.
knows nothing about road construction

How could you harm the roads when they are covered in snow an ice?
Where i live they are only legal if there is snow and only up to a certain speed.

Yeah I don't at all desu

Most places in my country allow them, even ones who get less snow, its just fucking dumb

Heh, then you'd probably be of no help

40cm of snow and you'd get stuck? What kind of tires are you/were you running?

Or do RWD Rangers sit stupidly low?

idk man

I just happen to live in the only province in canada who thought it was a good idea to ban them

Literally the only one

See, Queerbec passed their mandatory snow tire law a few years ago, and ever since then they've slowly, slowly slowly stripped away the winter maintenance budget. Add to the fact that bigger cities like Montreal are old and not really designed for bigger vehicles, traditional plows don't fit in the streets nicely, making it hard for them to do anything to begin with.

Its a very slippery slope.

>snowchaines banned
>in canada
TOPKEK

I had just gotten the truck and it was mid-febuary

Heres a pic of said tires before I got rid of the shits

what country?

That would be illegal in my country and isn´t a good way to drive especially in the winter.

Canada
Yeah Ontario is like the California of Canada when it comes to car laws

>no sipes
>shitty tread pattern

[AUTISTIC SCREECHING]

snow chains are only banned in places with 100+kph limit roads with established snow removal infrastructure

this is a good thing

I´m not from burgerland, but i heared the laws in Commiefornia would be pretty bad.

Yeah tinted windows ban soon on anything blocking more then 30% of the light and complete ban on front (which is a good thing honestly)

We have unlimited speeds here and are still allowed to use them, but only up to 50km/h.
t. german

Muncher E All

Replaced them with these, worked a fucking lot better, not 100% fantastic on ice, but they have the mountain symbol so they are (sort-of) an acceptable winter tire in U.S and CAN

Hahahaha the Saint CUM is hitting everything in sight!

This is so pathetic. I guess this is what happens when an area that doesn't usually need snow tires gets snow fall.

Thats the logic I wish our government here would apply to studded tires

Tire manufacturers were given a two year dispensation to produce and sell tires with more than 90 studs for 13 inch, 110 for 14-15 inch and 130 studs for 16 and bigger until they were able to do tests to see if using more, but lighter studs would still allow the tire to be within the acceptable range of how much "flying particles" it can create

Now that dispensation is coming to an end, which means that it might be the end for great tires like the Conti IceContact 2 and Hakkapeliitta 8 here in Norway

Just let those of us who drive on pretty much only ice and snow in winter drive with our life saving studs do just that, and let those who dont drive studless. Modern premium studless tires are fucking great, and there is no reason one wouldn't pick those if you're not constantly battling ice and hard snow (where they also perform quite good)

Why didnt the cop started driving it forward once he was turned around?

>snow plow right into cop car
FUCKING SO AWESOME YES!!!!!

>Quebec
That explains it. Their shitty roads, shitty drivers and shitty people would cause. They're a bunch of whiney, entitles, arrogant, bastardized "French" peasants. Nobody else likes them. They only like themselves.

that sounds shit

people with chains going 50 tops with no chains crashing into them at 100?

also germany is smaller than southern ontario and not really comparable at all

oh yeah those do look a lot better. Actual tread blocks that can move around and bite in a bit.

>doesnt post the name of the tires
kys

I see what you did there.

General Grabber AT/2

Got them for cheep

>wanting to drive faster than 50km/h eith chains
You do know driving that fast with chains is already shit, do you?

>General Grabber AT/2
You're better off getting General Altimax Artic.

yes

my entire point has been that chains are only banned in canada on fast roads

I know a lot of folks who run those all year around. Scary tires when you're driving down an icy hill, but I've yet to ditch a car on them; even this beaten old brick

BFG AT's, right?

If the roads are full of snow you shouldn´t drive 100km/h anyway.

I wrote before seeing DONT LOOK AT ME, IM NOT RETARDED I SWEAR

They were on sale, like heavily, I think I paid $350cad for all 4 before tax

wow. you're so right XD

but if you don't ban chains then 7+ million people are going to literally ruin tarmac spec freeway going 100kph+ with completely unnecessary chains

..because people are fucking stupid

I guess, my 4 Altimax were 400 for 4 USD

Yeah thats like 530 canadabux even b4 our cuck tax

Good luck on ice man.

Did you ever drive with chains?
Going 100km/h with chains would feel weird as fuck.

I paid USD1050/CAD1350 for my Hakkapeliitas...

are you familiar with people and how fucking stupid they are?

Lol, Altimax Arctic I like only a small step below them in terms of effectiveness. You fell for the Mongolian meme.

Thanks, I know I'm gonna fucking need it

2nd winter on these tires

I know how stupid normies are, but even they will stop if their car is getting loud as fuck and handles weird.

hahahahaha, that's a good one sir
youtube.com/watch?v=JZUDzNrvarc

Seattle drivers should all be publicly executed.

We where talking about the average normie, not the retrded version.
Also those deserve a darwin award.

The pattern of the Altimax was something they called good ten years ago here

If they were comparable I'm sure Continental would be selling them here

srsly. the generals were better than my more expensive hankooks.

tabarnak

>literally the other side of the world
>climate must be the same

I have some blizzack WS80s on a RWD V8 firebird.

I live in Colorado, you guys think I'll be gucci? I've read good things about this tire but I'm not sure how Veeky Forums feels about it.

the average normie can't be trusted on nice roads

>this thread proves that