Honda accord or civic?

Basically looking at 2013 lx models. Basically what I need. An affordable and cheap to maintain car that is easy to park and will be use primarily for commuting and weekend getaways with my bikes a couple friends and bags. Which one is the best fit? Basically I was looking at the accord I4 but parking is shit where I live so I'm leaning towards the civic.

What do you drive now? What's wrong with it? Cash or financing? How much down? Do you know your credit score?

First car/Buying outright/irrelevant/irrelevant

civic for 3k. accord v6 for 6k.

for 2013? Your nuts. Stop wasting time.

No. obviously older. It's just an appliance to you.

Didn't ask for older.2013 is where my budget rests at. a 3k civic here would probably get me a 2005 and about the same for a accord. Just wont work. I found pretty good deals for both the 2013 civic/ accord but just cant decide which one.

The Accord is a much better car in every single way except size

Parking is a compromise if you want to comfortably fit adults in the back of you car with their luggage for more than an hour

For reference the bikes can go on the roof and maybe one in the trunk , just smaller bags that can be fit my the feet. I think its gunna be the civic folks.

>hurr durr my budget is X AND I WON'T SPEND LESS
What kind of logic is this? Once you put an aux jack in these cars they're pretty much perfect. Cheaper to insure, cheaper property tax, more money left over to save/buy a house and move the fuck out of the city.

>bike in the trunk
>smaller bags by your feet
>it's gonna be the Civic

And here's the Accord

I speculate that the front seats are pushed all the way back here.

They're pushed all the way back in the Accord too

Ah ha. Well the accord does obviously have excellent rear leg room. I'm never going to push the seat back all the way though. Definitely a good point you brought up though

I would still reccomend the Accord, it's just a nicer ca all around
>Higher quality switch gear
>Better paint
>God tier K or J series engine instead of a poo tier R series
>Better sound isolation

That generation civic isn't very good. 2013 is better than 2012, but still not great. I say go Accord.

I hear ya. I will be going for the inline 4 if I do. I'm just hesitant because of the parking situation

accord sport a manual or an older ex-l v6.

Or honestly and most people would cringe at it, just going for the hrv or crv. Space, good on gas, good for parking, and great resale...at least the crv

Parking isn't all that terrible, get a rear view camera if anything

Also this is an option, a 2008-2012 V6 Accord should be a little less than a 2013 while making boatloads of more power and getting similar mileage
And since it's older you shouldn't feel terrible about dinging a bumper

They make great cars for long distance hauling to

Its pretty bad, not because the hassle of parallel parking but because the availability of spots. Most people here have compacts, I would hate to just miss the spot because a couple feel. Also its expected that people will literally box you in because dickheads.

A couple feet? lel try like 10 inches

Modern Civics are pigfat

all the more reason for a 3k civic

Like I stated before its just not available. 3k will literally get me a salvage title private seller car with 150k all for the cheap price of 4k...trust me I would have done it a long time ago

>Basically
>Basically
>Basically

>Pretty much
>Basically
lol thanks for the laugh, I do like to say basically

post your local craigslist.

I'm not getting a 3k civic. That's it

Get an $8k Accord

lmfao nice try you. Anyways thanks for all the input. I'm gunna head to sleep and wake up early to check some more dealerships out in the A.M.

just post it. some user will find something good.

nah. I'm also going to the dealer for a certified pre-owned...definitely something I wont get from craigslist. Thanks for the concern though much appreciated. If the thread is still here I'm the am I will update on finds

>I'm a faggot that spends too much money so I can have a warranty because I'm afraid of paying for repairs out of my pocket

This is just fucking flat out retarded

OP, get the Accord but with the ex or sport trim. Do NOT fucking get the LX trim model unless you're retarded.
If you don't need it now, just save up like 3k more and drop it on a V6 Accord. Its worth it.

9th gen, ofc.

I have a 2013 accord lx.

Not a fan. Its fine to drive and has great highway gas mileage if you use cruise control @ 65 mph (40+ mpg).

However the interior rattles are BAD. Sound system is SHIT.

If you test drive one, press on the headliner, especially near the sun glass holder. You should hear a clicking noise. This is one of the many areas that rattles.

Should have good resale value, so Ill get rid of it in a few years when im making more $$$.

Strange, the exact opposite has been true for my 2009, except for the gas mileage, also getting 40+mpg on the highway

I drive 13 Accord and it's boring as fuck I sometimes fall asleep.

Get a civic or look into other cars.

>fall asleep while driving
Go to a doctor or stop driving