ExoticsRacing LA: What car should I drive?

So I just got a $300 gift certificate for Exotics Racing, and I can't figure out what I should drive for 5 laps. Basically, the choices for $300 or less are:

Ferrari F430 F1
Lamborghini Gallardo LP-550
Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Porsche Cayman GTS ($200)
Porsche 991 GT3
Porsche 991 Turbo
Porsche 997 Turbo S (This one only appears on mobile for some reason)

Audi R8 ($250)
Nissan GT-R ($250)
Mercedes-Benz AMG GTS ($250)
Aston-Martin Vantage GT ($250)

Can someone help me pick one? I'm currently leaning towards the 991 Turbo. Thanks br/o/s.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NpVnHGBnvUQ
exrseries.com/our-racecars/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FerrAri

911 GT3 or F430 F1

AMG GTS might be good too. Find out if they let you actually open the cars up or if they limit you to a certain speed.

This

You can go as fast as you want, it's the track that limits you. It's hard to go faster than 120 mph just because you run out of road.

>unironically choosing to drive the most outdated car on the list

Take the GTR just to enrage the autists on Veeky Forums
Also it corners well

GT3.
Next choice would be AMG GTS.
the 911 Turbos are fun and great in a straight line, but aren't quite as good on a track as a GT3.
If only they had a Cayman GT4

991 GT3, if it's unavailable go for the Cayman GTS.

Next choice if neither are good, Aston or R8.

Yeah that's what I figured. The only reason I was leaning towards the turbo is because I've never actually driven a turbocharged car.

R8. Nothing more arousing that hitting the track with a roaring v10

F430 for fucking sure

Mercedes-AMG.

The others are boring and/or old as fuck.

I would say the Porsche if you're looking to track it and the Benz if youre looking to buy

Racecar.

Ain't nothing like it.

R8 is by default fitted with a boring Audi 4.2 V8. It has to be specified as a R8 V10 to be the real deal. And in that case, just take the Gallardo. Looks better and has the same V10.

I'd go for the Lambo or Ferrari. Because why the hell not.

Definitely no point in doing an R8.

What about the "Racecar"? Any idea on what car can it be user? Maybe it can be a more visceral and joyous experience than a road car with a pretty badge.

It's a "EXR LV02" (I don't know anything about this), but it's $690 for 12 laps, which is way more than I can afford (there's no 5 lap option).

Why are the pictures different from the actual cars you can drive?

>racecar
>230 hp

Pick one

That's just a picture that I got from their website, you can drive all of them but I didn't include the ones that are over $300

None of those are appealing at gimped mode

please, please, PLEASE don't give those dumb niggers one single penny unless they let you drive the car how it's meant to be driven

by that, i mean ask them if the cars are speed limited, or if they tack on extra charges if you take a car to redline

if they don't let you drive the car to 10/10ths tell them to lick your asshole & don't waste your money

it's more fun to redline a corolla around a racetrack than to take a 6 figure performance car around a track @ 4kRPM or less

That's good. It'd be way more fun to push a car to the limit on a small track than to just be limited to a certain speed on a big track.

I'd have the AMG GTS with a RWD 911 as distant 2nd.

Although if the place specifies that they keep traction control on or they don't allow drifting I'd just sell the gift certificate for $50.

>gift card

they already have their money, bitch

oops, misread that then.

if they do have extra charges for taking it to redline, max out the card on the rental & proceed to shove a cactus in their assholes by going down the front straight bouncing off the limiter in 2nd

People always say this but I worked on a few rental exotics and they weren't limited in any way. I could understand removing the ability to turn off traction control but speed limiting a modern car isn't something that some random operator of one of these businesses can do with a harbor freight code reader, especially on an F1 trans 430 because the trans ECU relies on the throttle pedal position so wonky stuff could start happening if you messed with the firmware, I suppose you could just put a block under the gas pedal though. This 430 had some mysterious gauges hooked up to some sensors on the trans to make it more RACE CAR. It had definitely gone on some off track excursions too, the underbody cover had grass packed into it everywhere

easy

They still will require a CC as a backup/

gas station visa card with $10 on it

oldest trick in the book, mate

And if they put 50 on it

ok, here is how it should ideally play out:

>rent whatever supercar on the gift card @ the front desk
>they ask for backup visa
>you give them gas station card with $10 (or however much, under $50 should be good)
>they will not charge your gas station visa as there is literally no reason to (they only charge it for emergencies)
>drive normally for your laps
>on your last lap bounce of the limiter for the entire straight
>bring the car to the pits
>try to leave
>if they hold you back tell them to charge the fake visa you gave them earlier
>fuck over a shitty business & get to drive a supercar in the process

now if you are not a complete retard, you would have all the info you gave them in a fake name that they can in no way, shape, or form trace back to you

Perfect...I will use this from now on. Thanks m8

no problemo, fuck all those exotic rental companies who don't let you use the car as intended

Oh yea, I agree its a scam

I don't know guys, there are some videos of people driving their cars pretty hard on Youtube. They don't let you drift, but they do let you get to the limits of grip and acceleration. They don't seem as bad as you're making them out to be.

Do you really think they would let amateurs drive a 400k vehicle to its maximum potential?

>they will not charge your gas station visa

9/10 times they do a "pre authorization" for some set amount. Probably $1000 in this case, maybe less just depends on the company.

So yeah, those gas station visas aint gonna cut it.

And wont they ask for your drivers license??

They pay ridiculous amounts of insurance to cover stuff like that.

Right, but they will still try to mitigate their losses as much as possible

Im sure they will which is also why those visa giftcard wont work and they wont accept a debit card either.

Rob Spaghetti did a video about a different company, but it should give you an idea what to look out for regarding upselling the different stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=NpVnHGBnvUQ

>lowest MSRP
>most expensive to drive
exrseries.com/our-racecars/

Good point

>now if you are not a complete retard, you would have all the info you gave them in a fake name that they can in no way, shape, or form trace back to you

They would likely make money if someone wrecked a car since the history of the car would not affect the book value through an insurance company, but private party it would affect it massively, chances are the payout would be a fair amount more than the car is actually worth

You would have to see their business policy first. It also does not look good if people keep crashing at your race track

Ok? but at that point you are probably breaking the law. Especially if you are doing it with intent to get out of paying any damages or overages. That would be fraud.

At the minimum, you wouldnt get any sympathy from the judge if you did that.

Okay McLovin... Good luck faking a modern drivers license and credit card.

faking a drivers license: not difficult if you know what to buy/what to do

you don't even have to fake the gas station card, because all you have to do is call to activate it, thus giving them fake info

it's not brain science or rocket surgery

Do they teach you how to drive the car before your five laps or do they just throw you out there after they have you sign a waiver signing over your life insurance payout to them?

Because if they just throw you out there just go for the GT-R so you don't die lad. If you actually know how to drive properly the Porsche will probably be the most exhilarating

Former "gardener, mycologist, and hobby organic chemist" here.

Nearly every prepaid credit card now requires you to register with a social security number.
Nearly every prepaid credit card only works in the country of residence (even online).

I once went to 5 different pharmacy stores before I found one that didn't have these two stipulations in the fine print. I lived in corporate apartments at the time which had a crazy turnover rate. I looked through the mail in my box and used one of the last names (with some common fist name) on the adverts sent to former residents to register my card and purchase illegal shit. I never got raided, but haven't used this method since 2010 so things may have changed.

Those prepaid cards are the way to go though with various things. Though, what is described in this thread sounds like a waste of time and I would totally sell my gift cert on craigslist.

>dat fucking reaction image

My sides tingle.

Youd need to load that gas station card with up to the amount of the pre approval and then youd be on the hook like anyone else....

Otherwise when the try to pre authorize $1000 or whatever the card will decline and theyll be asking you to either leave or present a real credit card.

I honestly can't even figure out why you fucktards would wanna do this. It's just a company that you money so that you can drive fast on their track...why would you fuck over yourself so that one of their cars bounces off a rev limiter for a few seconds...literal autism

Make sure you crash it

Drive the rarest of them all.
So that would be a vette that hasn't eaten its own engine.

But in all seriousness i'd go with teh GT3 or the AMG GTS

>mfw people ITT would rather have some obese mercedes over a datsun godzirra car
>mfw people ITT almost all chose the ferrari or porsche gt3

so....the true god car isn't the GTR or the Corvette but the Porsche 911?

The GT3 is known as one of the best track cars when it comes to driving experience. Not even Veeky Forums argues over this, apparently.

Known by who?
How could Veeky Forums argue with that when they've never driven a 911 GT3 on a track?

>No Lotus
>No LFA

dropped

>9/10 times they do a "pre authorization" for some set amount. Probably $1000 in this case
I have never heard of an authorization charge this large. Typically it's about $1 to verify the card is authentic, that's it.

I've had it happen for $500 at a rental place once. Never went there again.

I'd pay 1000$ just to rev an LFA for 5 minutes.

Make them find you an LFA op