/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: 75 MB of Data Per Hour Edition

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them.
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /lozg/, /ink/

>Important News
「!」Nintendo finalizes Jan 12th Switch presentation date and time: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/808584359901069312
「!」Super Nintendo World is coming to Universal Studios Japan: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/808175059718180864
「!」Super Mario Run to Require Online to Play: mynintendonews.com/2016/12/09/miyamoto-super-mario-run-is-online-only-to-combat-piracy/
「!」Yooka Laylee cancelled on Wii U, Switch version tentative, backer refunds available: playtonicgames.com/yooka-laylee-reptile-rolls-towards-release/
「!」Miitomo datamining shows Fire Emblem Mobile screenshots: nintendoeverything.com/miitomo-data-mining-may-show-images-from-fire-emblem-mobile-game/
「!」Jimmy Fallon Debuts the Nintendo Switch: youtube.com/watch?v=7TJ7IUNWGl4
「!」Goodbye! Boxboy!, Qbby amiibo, and physical compilation announced:: siliconera.coAXm/2016/12/06/goodbye-boxboy-third-boxboy-game/
「!」New Breath of the Wild trailer revealed at The Game Awards: youtube.com/watch?v=vDFZIUdo764
「!」New Breath of the Wild gameplay revealed at The Game Awards: youtube.com/watch?v=Na1cIOmfBlU
「!」Empoleon revealed for Pokken Tournament: youtube.com/watch?v=z-v1ypUk-Fc

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/aTMS8hCx
Wii U - pastebin.com/X3xD0L26

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/amiibo-igcc-10.jpg (embed)

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11876153/
youtube.com/watch?v=mcJjL0kATFo
siliconera.com/2016/12/14/tank-troopers-new-trailer-details-share-action/
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/amiibo-igcc-10.jpg
nintendoeverything.com/wario-originally-envisioned-as-a-german-character/
nintendolife.com/news/2016/12/picross_e7_launches_in_north_america_tomorrow
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/filename/1453355152523 edit.png/
my.nintendo.com/reward_categories
youtube.com/watch?v=X_L-x8YvSLs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for memes

>(embed) (embed)

you're not mamma mia but it's fine

why the fuck do people say mamma mia around here all the time

Carryover from /wug/'s posters

Notice how when /3dsg/ and /wug/ merged, literally all the OP formatting, structure, shit that matters etc. came from /3dsg/

All /wug/ gave us in in exchange was a meme and their share of toxic posters, /3dsg/ was comfy and humble.

/wug/'s format was shit anyways

strawpoll.me/11876153/
strawpoll.me/11876153/
strawpoll.me/11876153/
postan again because there's a four way tie for first place with 1 vote each

help me decide which game to finish first because it's been left unfinished for months

>it's
i meant they've
fug

wat

what the fuck
aren't the voted supposed to increase as they're counted?? everything had 1 vote until I refreshed it.

Yeah, but that shit's glitchy. Enjoy your dong.

Wasn't there a 25th anniversary presentation for Kirby going on today?

youtube.com/watch?v=mcJjL0kATFo
siliconera.com/2016/12/14/tank-troopers-new-trailer-details-share-action/

Mamma... mia???

>local multiplayer only
haahhaahhha

> dragon quest
>0%

it's post game.

I claim that slut as my waifu. None of you can have her.

>amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/amiibo-igcc-10.jpg (embed)

Really? I don't remember him in /wug/.

>/3dsg/ was comfy
lol

calling anything comfy is a sure sign that person is a faggot

/3dsg/ was just a normal general

So i haven't been paying attention to this game. There will always be bullet time when you fire arrows?

No, it seems to be only when you do it when jumping off your horse (or maybe anything), and it probably uses stamina.

No, just when you do stuff like that

Bullshotendo

ok

nintendoeverything.com/wario-originally-envisioned-as-a-german-character/

oy vey

all /ink/ gave us was cancer.

if it makes you feel better, we might be leaving in january

you can leave now.

no dont leave

remember when we thought middle one was a girl

no

when will (if at all) the VC games go on sale for 3ds for the christmas holiday?

missed out on black friday deals

I doubt they'll go on sale, even on big sales. And at most you'll get like a 30% discount anyways.

Do not listen to his lies.

The port won't get many more players and Ink will die again in a few weeks.

>try to play nes games with 3ds d-pad
fucking kill me

I was able to play Shantae 1 with my analog stick. Do they force you to use D-pad for NES games?

>tfw to intelligent for zelda "games"

no you can use analog, maybe it's just Zelda 1 being awfully fidgety

is there any deadzone options?

goodnight callie
i love you

What if I told you that Callie and Marie won't be in the sequel

They would've appeared in the Switch teaser if they were going to be on it.

What if I told you that Callie will never be real____________

With but 3 Months to count down to the Switch's release, what are you hoping for out of the system?

Want to see people lugging them around malls?
Want it to bomb so nintendo can focus on the SNES classic edition? :^)

Personally,

I want to be able to merge my current library of Virtual Console games. I don't want to have to spend 15 dollars on a ROM of Earthbound again. My reasoning is The Switch will have N64 emulation capability and I think it's worth hoping for Gamecube/Dolphin emulation. I will pay to play Super Mario Sunshine on the toilet/in bed/wherever my house doesn't have a TV.

I want a unified multiplayer service, with a dedicated account and structure comparable to Steam, Playstation Online, and Xbox Live. There's no excuse not to commit to it at this point, and it boggles the mind that they got started with the Nintendo Wifi Connector in 2004 (remember THAT thing?) and we're still on 12-digit friend codes. ENOUGH.

I don't want to pay a subscription fee to play whatever Splatoon is on the shitter. I think some people would be willing to pay for something like XBL Gold or PSPlus for some kind of bonus, like free games. But goddamn will they be dropping the ball if I have to pay a sub fee.
Anyway
What are your thoughts?

>Needing to call Nintendo Customer Service just to sign in with NintendoID on my new 3DS

Get with the times, Jewtendo

Playstation 5 Mamma Mia?????????????

That's the PS4 Pro

>Local multiplayer only.
That is incredibly disappointing. I was looking forward to playing this with /ninty/ and /v/.
I still remember that hilarious two weeks when /v/ was playing Steel Diver: Sub Wars together.
I miss everyone spamming 88 and trying to co-ordinate through morse code and /v/ threads.

>I want to be able to merge my current library of Virtual Console games
This is my biggest hope for the Switch.
Sony handles this perfectly and now that Nintendo's unfucked their account system, there is no reason other than greed they cannot handle this in a similar manner.

OP, you missed the most important piece of news.
nintendolife.com/news/2016/12/picross_e7_launches_in_north_america_tomorrow
I hope the Switch continues the 3DS's trend of having a lot of Picross. You don't need a touch screen for it, buttons are perfectly fine.
Hell, if you judge the value of a console by how many hours of gameplay you get to the amount of dollars that you paid for it then I would have already hit a 2:1 ratio from Picross games alone.

They charged like $2 a game to transfer your VC games from Wii to Wii U. You think they're going to let you merge them all?

Do I think it will happen?
No.
Would I really like it?
Yes.

But I've got no hope for the Switch VC. It will just be another wasted potential where they drip feed titles over several years (missing even more titles every time) and never implement cross-buy.
They'll try to get excitement going with some VC announcement like Gamecube titles but fail to implement in a meaningful way.
And there'll probably some shitty graphical glitches and input issues on top of that as well.

this is some severe case of autism

boards.fireden.net/vg/search/filename/1453355152523 edit.png/

Shall we see how many times some autist has posted 'mamma mia' without purpose or context?

Sure. It's not waifufagging or random /ink/ blogs so it's already better.

Take me down memory lane.

Post more callie pls I need it

>tfw no Steins;Gate 0 on switch

now i'm 100% sure that zelda will be the last and only wii u game for next year

damn

i have lots
anything particular you had in mind, user?

What am I supposed to be reading?!

>tfw no C;N Noah+R;N Elite port for Switch

I'm stuck 1000 miles away from home with only my 3DS, need some great eShop only game recommendations to help me get through this.

Prefer RPGs but am open to any exceptional game from another genre.

Looking at getting Gurumin 3D.

Gurumin is more like a Zelda game or platformer than an RPG.

That's fine, I suck Falcom dick

Is there anything akin to an MMO on the 3ds?
Is Monster Hunter an MMO? should I try those games?

You shouldn't play MMOs, they are a complete waste of time with no skills to learn from them, you are literally simulating a boring repetitive IRL job but in a game.
MH is grindy, has online and has cool gameplay, you can try it if you want.

Xenoblade chronicles... its single player game, but the gameplay is inspired by MMOs

MMOs are great time sinks. Sometimes you need a good time sink.

Your time is limited and you want to waste it on a time SINK?

I play video games to escape reality user.
Give me a game that allows me to do that for a long time and gets me a good time/money spent ratio and im happy.

Anything is fine really!

okay

buckle down kids, i have 1,859 images of callie and counting

Don't do anything stupid like starting a pic dump.

ugh, ok, fine
what now

So how about that BotW Wii U cancellation eh?

If it's legit, I'm done. Nintendo can go straight to hell.

THICK

at least post a shitty eurogamer ""source"" man

Share a mega link? :) i really like callie!

: )

Hi guys, I'm back

you and me both, squid
working on it right now (or at least trying)

my.nintendo.com/reward_categories

For anyone dumb enough to have bought Super Mario Run, reminder that you can now redeem Toad as a playable character for free.

>bought
>for free
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

youtube.com/watch?v=X_L-x8YvSLs

Mamma merry christmasmia

Is Picross good? are all of them worth playing or only the latest? and how does the 3d ones work? seems like adding another dimension to that crazy shit would be like trying to play 4d chess or some shit

Picross is great.
I'd recommend starting with Picross DS if you can find a copy or Picross e3 (for the Mega Picross puzzles).
Picross 3D is also excellent but rather than the 3D adding another layer of complexity, it's more of an alternate way of playing rather than building on traditional Picross. It's not like 4D Chess, it's more like 3D chess but the pieces start in different positions.

Got surprised the other day with an invitation to a Switch event on the 16th of January, very out of the blue but it's exciting nonetheless.

Hoping for some other game reveals in the direct so I can play something new but if its just Zelda that'll be fine too.

>more like 3D chess but the pieces start in different positions
It's not like that at all. What the hell?

cool, i asked because a new one is coming out apparently

Picross 3D is one of the best traditional puzzlers I've ever played. Dozens of hours of playtime for a price that's probably dirt cheap by now. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys those kinds of logic puzzles, but if you really want to see for yourself I think Picross 3D: Round 2 has a demo on the eShop.

I'm following from his analogy about it seeming like 4D chess in terms of complexity.
I say "more like 3D chess but the pieces start in different positions" because you're following the same rules and logic but the different perspective requires you to adjust your method of approach.

Very interesting.