What's a good starter bike for a big guy (250lb 6'4") who needs to be able to go at least 70mph over a bridge on his...

what's a good starter bike for a big guy (250lb 6'4") who needs to be able to go at least 70mph over a bridge on his daily commute?

Other urls found in this thread:

lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/i-learned-to-ride-a-motorcycle-and-dammit-all-i-want-is-1789685303
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Something in a 500-750cc range. You're a big guy.

just avoid sports bikes as they tend to react too fast for learners
650s tend to be popular for some reason

This is a meme. The bike only does what you tell it to do. You could buy your bike and just still ride the bus.

But that took skill and maturity to learn that. Beginners don't usually have that, hence all the accidents on sport bikes.

I'd look for something you are comfortable on around 650cc. At your height something like a KLR dual sport would work well and be forgiving enough to handle a few drops. You can also see over most of the traffic.

It really is only a problem is you're the type of person to freeze up in a panic. I rember learning to ride. It was my buddy's 600 and I whisky throttled it took of hard ran up into my neighbors yard. Pulled the clutch back in and just rode it back onto the sidewalk. Had I froze up like a tard I would have dumped the bike or worse hit the house.

It us more of how you react in a panic. Some people freeze up some people dont.

Pic for the OP from dbt

SV650

Puch Dakota will be perfect for you.

>current year
>bane posting

How did he get that on there?

No idea. He wanted it bad enough and made it work

That's the kind of determination that millennials don't have. This is why the country is going to shit

Honda Shadow VLX 600
I have one and it's nice and comfortable but I just that it has a 4 speed

drz400sm

Forget all modern or semi-modern sportsbikes. Not their power, but for their size. You´re a big dude, those bikes are small. I´m 2" shorter than you, but I´m in the same boat. Dualsports and adventure bikes might be a thing or some cruiser. Harley Sportster will be too small for you, you need something big-twin framed.
I personally ride a BMW R1100R. BMWs, usually, are built for little bit bigger riders than italo/jap-bikes. Maybe a R850R could be the bike for you?

Hey man that's hurtful. We are not all lazy entitled pieces of shit.

Where's your bike on a bus then?

Tfw millennial too

Get a dual sport. Very forgiving, tough, and you can actually take it off road if you desire.

lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/i-learned-to-ride-a-motorcycle-and-dammit-all-i-want-is-1789685303

>all jap bikes
Underage shit taste detected

>not wanting a cheap, fast, reliable, bike that get 40-50 mpgs

>$20K for first bike
>A fucking heavy, ponderous, slow piece of shit that scrapes floorboards on corners
>muh chrome sled
>cashing in 401k to buy gallons of Simichrome

It shore is purty.

Judging by your op pic, you're looking for a cruiser
Shadow 750 will do everything you want