What kind of tire wear is this

What kind of tire wear is this

Brand new tires and alignment checks out good. Only on this tire. Tires were bought new but manufacture date is early 2014. Less than 1500 miles on them

Something in the wheel arch hitting the tire? Some loose plastic or something?

Nope, I just checked that

>pic
Is that what you are refering to?

Perhaps it was like that to begin with, but you just didn't notice it?

How much is your car slammed?

Stock height

Doesn't look abnormal to me. Is that an extremecontact DW? They are fairly soft, they will get chewed up. Is it in the front or rear? Could be toed in a bit too much.

Yeah, that line looks like it's grinding on something, especially because of the large-ish divots scooped out near the line.

I'm guessing they're too wide.

Pics of the other tires for comparison?

upper ball joint or pidgeon toed

looks like you do some hard cornering on under inflated tires, or your shocks are toast

That's the best kind of tire wear bro. I'm jelly

Youre cornering way too hard. Happens every time I autocross. Ease up in the corners and take it slower.

Driver side
They are 265/40/18 on an 2005 mustang GT

Continental DW

How come I don't have it in my drivers side than?

I also did do a bit of uphill and downhill boy racing in the North Carolina mountains...

Why isn't it on the other side tire though?

Not OP but I got a tyre-related question: one of my tyres has a round bulge on the outer sidewell, what could've caused this? Is the tyre ruined? Any way of fixing it?

Any input is appreciated, anons.

Like this?

Is the tyre ruined?
Yes

Any way of fixing it?
No

That is a sign of a deteriorating tire, unfortunately there isn't much you can do to fix it, and it can actually be dangerous. I would change at least that one tire, if not all of them.

A

ARGHHHH FUCK MY FUCKING FUCKSHIT FUCKING LIFE!!! There goes a Neova AD08 with plenty of tread left and less than 2k miles.

WHY THE FUCKING FUCK DID I HAVE TO BE BORN IN THE FUCKING THIRD WORLD?

warranty?

>THIRD WORLD
in that case just keep driving it

Please respond

you turn sharper on right hand turns then left ones if youre driving on the right side

Is it some low profile garbage?

If not then just get one of these,

Looks like that one particular tire is defective. Take it back to the tire shop.

Naw, it definitely is not a factory defect. Sadly the streets here are so fucking riddled with potholes that no tyre shop is dumb enough to offer any kind of insurance.

With close to 200hp at the wheels on a car that weighs around 1800lbs, I'd rather not risk it user, thank you very much.

The tyre is a 205/50/R15, it's not thick but far from being low profile. What scares me is that the car sees track-duty often, would just revulcanizing it be safe?

Tyre's fucked man, just replace it and be more careful in future.

Yeah...I guess that's the lesson to be learnt here. Still, I feel really shitty because I was trying my best to take care of the tyres but it's impossible in this pothole infested niggerland. I didn't launch aggresively at the track to make them last a bit longer.

I will miss you and your fantastic grip, sweet Neova. Sleep well and thanks for the good times.

Get a set of tires specifically for the track. Then you can run cheaper ones on the street and not have to worry so much.

bump

Toe in probably.

You probably hit a pothole and splits the inner side of the sidewall. Can't fix, must replace.

If you look you'd see that the scrubbing happens on every tread block.

If everything checks out ok you probably just been hitting corners hard

If its fine mechanically its defiantly from cornering too hard. Drive in a nice straight line for a bit and it should correct itself.

Should.

Excessive Toe in.
possbly excessive positive camber from a homo-compliant ball joint, or it needs an alignment because you're 'tarded.

>I also did do a bit of uphill and downhill boy racing in the North Carolina mountains...

There is your answer.
You probably also need a bushing or something. Y-You unload your ball joints and check your front end before you go ass blasting up mountains, right user?

>Brand new tires and alignment checks out good. Only on this tire.

If you rotate that tire, then the other tire should remain okay if it is a defect exclusive to that tire. But if the replacement also starts to show strange wear patterns WHEN driving the same roads and tracks, then it is that wheel's suspension.

>What kind of tire wear is this
On the driver's side, then you were going on an oval race track with front wheel drive.

Someone either hooned your car a bit, or those tires were bought used.

Is the inside of the opposite tyre the same?
Maybe you take a lot more right turns than lefts.