Got a Ford Fusion 2012 last year with pic tires...

Got a Ford Fusion 2012 last year with pic tires, and it's about time I replace two of the tires (both are almost worn out, and one of the two has a nail embedded). So I've been wondering if I should just replace all four with a different tire? In particular I've been looking at the Continental PureContact and the Firestone Firehawk AS

When replacing any number of tires you should replace all 4. There is absolutely no reason to replace 2 unless all for are brand new and your dumbass hit a curb and blew them out or something

Michelin or bfg nothing.

That's stupid.

Unless you have True King of the North AWD two of your tires will always wear faster than the other two.

Replacing 2 at a time is a common poorfag trick.
Yes, it's ok to do, as long as you don't put one new tire on one side, and leave the old on the other.
Put your shit tires on the back, and have the tire dicks change those if you don't have the cash for all 4

Not unless you properly rotate them every fucking oil change retard. Been driving for 10 years and not once have I had any tires wear faster than the other. They have all worn at the same time and all my cars been fwd .

I'm sorry your too poor to buy 4 tires

New tires go on rear for stability control no matter what drive train.

Fwd,awd, rwd

Then again you need to buy all 4 regardless if you have awd

>New tires go on rear for stability control no matter what drive train.

Yup. new tires are slippery fuckers.

Replacing 2 tires is fine. The busriding posers on this board will pretend to do anything to try to make you feel bad, because they saw their idiot cuck of a father/stepfather do it when they were 15.

New tires do always go on the back; never two new ones on the same side.

New to front. You steer and brake with those ones. Much more important to be able to stop and turn.

No. New to back. If a front tire has a blowout it will be much harder to control your shitbox than if a rear tire blows out.

OP here, I'm fine with doing two tires, but I'm wondering, at least in Western PA, is the Mastercraft MC-440 recommended? Or should I go with something else

Why would a new tire blow out over an old tire? If you buy such shit tires that you seriously have to put some mileage on them to make sure they aren't going to explode, you need to rethink what kind of cheap shit tires your buying.

Blowouts can happen for a myriad of reasons, not because you bought some Kumhos instead of some Pirellis.Those shredded tire pieces scattered all across the road? Those aren't new tires m8. Why would you put newer tires on the front?

To reduce the chance of front tire blowout.

Those tires are the cheapest tires on the planet. Whereever you bough the car from just threw them on so they could say it had new tires

A tire blow out at 80mph in a 2,000lb car is literally nothing. who cares.

New tires go on the rear to avoid even the potential for unexpected oversteer (yes even on fwd). End of story.

I've got Continental PureContact's 215/55R/16 in my Focus, absolutely no issues. Good grip and low noise. I haven't tested their rain or snow performance though.

>not using tyres so old they look like slicks on the rear

I bet you don't even FWDagumi in a VW polo, you turbochargedfaggot

Since they are the cheapest should I get four new tires of a different kind?

obviously

Continental PureContact