Give me 7 good reasons I should or shouldn't buy a c6 Corvette

Hey Veeky Forums, what do you guys think about the c6 Corvette? For a budget of $25,000, I can't find anything that is as reliable, fast, good looking, and moddable as a c6. Honestly, what's bad about these cars other than the interior?

They're notoriously unreliable.

If you're paying $25k you're buying entry/base model which means they're not in stock anywhere.

New cars are terrible because emission standards meme.

>'vette

Do you want one?
If so, buy one.

Wait what's unreliable about them? I only know that the 2005 models had weak diffs, roofs that flew off, battery drainage issues, and harmonic balancer wobble. All of that other than the HB was fixed in 2006.

>that uniform black rooftop
HNNNNNNNNNNG

The only other thing I have heard is that you have to be slow on the shifts as the synchros don't like fast shifts and that the ls7 sometimes eats valves, but you know about that in the first 50 miles.

It's a good thing I can't even come close to affording a z06

Synchro problems are a meme

>Corvette

Are you a 60 year old man?

Not in stock like nobody has them or they're modded? I don't see modded c6s, they're grandpa cars.

All stereotypes aside, it's a fast sports car, it's characteristics are more suited to a younger demographic than an old guy.

Wait a second, that's not a c6....

GET OUT MOBILE FAG

A C5 Z06 is a bit cheaper and better all around.

You could build a better: Evo,civic, 350z,impreza or 180sx. or even buy a stock 996 carrera for that price.

How is the C5 Corvette better?

I always thought Corvettes were pretty dogshit until the C6 came around.

I'd much rather have an FD over a C5.

Not sure why you could build a better car out of anything you listed over a Corvette (especially a civic wtf). You can easily make over 700 crank horsepower with just a mild cam, heads, and a centri kit on pump gas. If you throw in meth the car would be an absolute monsters. To get even near that with any other car you'd have to build the car from the ground up (other than the Evo, in which you'd have to run e85 to even come close). Plus, subjectively, I think the C6 looks better than all of those.

Also, an Evo X costs as much as a C6, and a 996 Carrera has zero moddability and an engine that likes to sudoku itself unless you get switch out the IMS. Plus it looks like ass, by far the ugliest gen 911.

>996 Carrera has zero moddability and an engine that likes to sudoku itself unless you get switch out the IMS.
But 996 turbo has a competently different engine that doesn't have IMS problems and since it's turbo, surely you can boost it more like any engine built for boosting.
What I appreciate about the Corvette though is that it runs on 95ron instead of 98 that cars like Porsche and Japanese turbos need and it's not like they consume less too.

No flip up headlights.

Checkmate mate

I'm not a huge 'Vette fan, but I have a hard time arguing against it, so I'm just going to tell you to go for it. Best of luck, and post pics.

>You could build a better: Evo,civic, 350z,impreza or 180sx
Maybe he wants a full interior and a powerband that extends beyond a 1500 rpm range?
>500whp Civic
Early predictions: Very noisy, very uncomfortable, nigh-on undriveable, will end up in a road-side tree
>or even buy a stock 996 carrera for that price.
Coming from somebody who firmly believes that the answer to every one of life questions is "a pre-owned 997.1 GT3": No. Absolutely no. On the basis of the hateful looks of the thing alone.

most likely an LS2 which isn't the most looked for no wonder the price.
Could get a G8 which with an LS3 which is better and 4 doors for more whores plus a bit cheaper
Pretty much paying for the chassis
Who care's become the new frosty, do whatever

>become the new frosty, do whatever
Do NOT do this. Federal prison is boring, and has shitty internet and no track days.

Don't buy it. Because you nee the approval of a Chinese cartoon board.

Yes, but a 911 turbo costs twice as much as a C6.

Does anyone know if he's really still in prison?

Well, apparently, he managed to get pinched in March last year, get off with probation and then get arrested again in September, both times on felony charges. I'm guessing he's in for a while.

Oh, and before all that, he also managed to get a case thrown out due to an unconstitutional search of his car, and he apparently had his house raided.

pls explain this Frosty guy thing to me

Once upon a time, there was a tripfag on here and /v/ by the name of FrostByteLSX, or something along those lines. And he sold weed. And got busted. Multiple times. As to his current fate, well, you see the speculation before you. But chances are it isn't all that peachy.

And he drove a C6. Forgot to include that.

Does anyone have a pic of his ultra shitty spoiler? I wanna laugh at it again.

The $25000 C6 you are finding probably has the LS2. Is it bad? No, but the LS3 is available and is a billion times better after 07 I believe.

The transaxle has some problems with the trans oil, causing an obnoxious changing if you want to keep it clean.

Apart from that, it's a great car albeit with a severely dated interior and a cobalt steering wheel. The model you're showing (wide body) looks way, way better than the standard C6. Make sure you like the narrow C6.

I agree that the ls3 is better, but can you elaborate a bit on why it's MUCH MUCH better? I just know it's .2 liters bigger and it has about 30 more crank horsepower. Is there something more than that?