Volv/o/ thread. It's time to accept that the 850 was the best car ever made

Volv/o/ thread. It's time to accept that the 850 was the best car ever made.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ew6YwIN2IQc
youtube.com/watch?v=88-xtMpJZ0Q
forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=94325
louisville.craigslist.org/cto/5848987822.html
youtube.com/watch?v=u7V-G3PiRUc
youtube.com/watch?v=w8qMXwYXX1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=MXTP_ePB7iU
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0UqOHZAPHo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Can't argue with that

Sorry, it's not pic related.

>tfw no 850r

so much yes.

sedan sorta reminds me of the Mercedes E500 Hammer

B5234T forever

>tfw american
>TFW
>WHEN
>NO
>VOLVO
>480
literal dream car

>late 90s car
>looks like an 80s car
>they kept carphones until 2000s

>fwd

I think you may have mistyped "740"
youtube.com/watch?v=88-xtMpJZ0Q

this
my fucking dream is a clean 740 turbo wagon

I accept it

I own a 460 diesel with 400k km every day is suffering I wish I had a 850 r instead

Did they release the M90 gearbox in the US?
Contemplating a RWD 850R build.

>tfw no pigfat auto only 780

Let's not forget the 240. Not powerful, but certainly iconic

It can't possibly be the best car ever made because it has a four spoke steering wheel with spokes exactly where I would put my hands on a three spoke steering wheel.

Literally took me 5 seconds to google volvo m90

forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=94325

I had a manual swapped 850R, best sounding engine I've owned. Wish it was a wagon though.

Does anyone wanna buy my '81 240?
Comes with an extra B21FT and m46 tranny.

I was actually gonna post here on Veeky Forums that I was seeking my 240 as well! Mine is a '93 sedan with the 5-speed (M46 i think? The the one without the little overdrive button thing). Would post a pic, but none on my phone. Basically but sedan form

Meant to put selling, not seeking

That's the m47 transmission! Nice.

Those headrests are the sexiest thing for some reason

louisville.craigslist.org/cto/5848987822.html
Shit son, come over here
Sedan up for sale in louisville too

dang if you lived in AZ

Well... One of the best cars. Sure, you can have a monster of a car with factory specs, but a 940 turbo is oh, so exploitable and easy to work on. That car is a fucking beast.

location?

Doing a complete restore on this baby. Not bad for $300 and 150k on the odometer

only looks good from the back. front and profile are hideous.

Norway?

Nice score man!

My bricks sans the '92 245. Yeah, the 850 is nice but being wrong wheel drive is a real deal breaker in my book. What comes close is the 960/S90, but if only they turbo'd those! I dunno, I still love the red block though; white blocks are nice, but can be problematic.

>yfw you will never have a stack of volvos

I owned an 850 2.5l 20v, and it's the only car I've ever really missed. Would love another but hard to find a good one these days

just got my '96 850 turbobrick a junkyard CBV and i'm actually hitting 16 PSI
>SPEEDY SPEED BOY
just did the timing belt + components and water pump last week b/c the impeller on the old HEPU pump got loose and tried to de-track the old belt while scraping against the housing on the inside

This so much, the last car Volvo built was the 740/940

youtube.com/watch?v=u7V-G3PiRUc

Fuck m8 I actually do love in AZ.
WHERE YOU AT

Live*

thats a nice blue

Too bad stock t15 can only handle about 11-12 psi under load :/

Couldn't agree more
>pic related is my 96 850 platinum

Was it this the video that had that amazing door close?

I wanna get the new S90, I'll get one in a few years when they depreciate.

Should I

Avoid anything called Volvo made after 1997

Gunmetal grey wagon reporting in
91 5 speed m47

Yes.

I like all 850s

This

I will forever miss my 242 gt. Hopefully going to grab 2 turbo wagos with a mate next week.

>Avoid anything I can't afford

newer volvos are nice too in my opinion

I thought that QT looked AZish. Mesa. How much?

THAT GET

Its b8 but Ill bite

Its a bitch to work on. Its AWD or FWD. Its not cheap. Ford S70s fucking suck cock. The chinese Volvos are even worse. Now theyre just flashy nigga rich cars.

Stick with the classics, stick with what works.

3k takes it all.

Sound expensive but this car only has 167k original miles on it. Everything works. All maintenance records. Second owner. Extra engine and manual tranny. and a set of virgo turbo wheels.

Switched out the seats because original ones were ripped. Interior is 9/10, dashboard is trash tho

Ah I was hoping itd be a grand or something since its a 35 year old Volvo with the old crappy harness. Wishful thinking since it looks so nice in one of my favorite Volvo colors. Would you mind if I came and looked at it sometime even though I don't think I'd be interested in buying? The 240 is one of my favorite cars. I have an 850 Turbo that's currently not registered because I was too lazy to go down to emissions and the title place.

Surprise, there is no harness. Dat mechanical fuel injection.

It would be a grand if it was a shitty condition one with 300k on the clock. But since it's great condition and great interior, daily derivable, comes with a set of hydra and virgo wheels, and extra turbo engine, and an extra manual transmission it's just a little bit more...

I'll go with you to get the emissions done my man. Join the AZ volvo facebook group when you get a chance!

I used to live on the border of Surprise/El Mirage most of my family is out there still was just out there last week in my MR2. I will join the Volvo club for sure! Im part of the AZ MR2 club via someone at my work who saw me in my MR2. Hes got a HKS supercharged MR2 that sounds really awesome and hes an older engineer so I'm sure hes done it right. We got TLAO here n stuff and I've seen a few T5-Rs. Arizona has so many cool Volvos.

Not many down in chandler where I live, but I've seen some pretty dope ones for sure

I work in chandler. That's where I've seen one of the T5-Rs =) Ive only seen it one more time in Tempe and that was years ago.

I joined the AZ Volvos on facebook. I've got the comic AW11 picture ( I dont think Im approved yet) send me a friend request. I'd love to come check out your car and like I said the majority of my family lives out on the west side I'm over there all the time and its a short drive on the i10. I've always wanted a 240 in my collection.

Wait are these both you? I realized I forgot to ask what city you live in on that post ( I meant to). I thought you meant you lived in Surprise LOL. If you live in chandler youre right next to me.

Pre-97 is ideal, but I have a 2000 V70 (sadly, not the V70R) and it is actually very nice

Yeah, the alu block was kinda finicky with certain things, but it does have a real nice sound. The 960's and early s and v models are top tier dd cruisers.

My friend has one of these hunks of shit and its been sitting for about 15 years. He still insists is the best car ever and that rotary engines are the easiest engines to work on. But like I said its been sitting forever. How do I convince him to sell the thing and buy a BMW instead?

Yes those both me. Where at in chandler my mans?

Ram an 850 into it

>The HPT cars with their stock 15G turbo reach their limitations fairly quickly. A reprogrammed ECU, coupled with good 2.5"-3" full exhaust, will generally get you to the limits of the 15G's efficiency. The ECU will increase fuel and boost maps to about 15-16 psi maximum boost. For a little more performance, you can add a boost controller (don't think you can on the ME7 1999+ cars) to decrease spool-up time and increase the boost an extra pound or two (beyond that isn't too useful).

I think i'm good

>best car ever made
>not a picture of an e39 m5

into the trash it goes

Doing god's work, user.

What do you goys think of the S60? I always see people bitching about
>newer volvos
Used ones are dirt cheap where I live, and I'm looking for something comfy(but modern) for highway cruising

>tfw can't find a single v90 or manual p80 v70 awd
why even live

they're good donors for manual swaps for my 850 Sportwagon

Anyone know much about the awd system on the s60r?
Always fancied a 5 cyl awd car but if it's not mechanical i'll go back to looking for an s4 or s2.

What's so great about it

see
also pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=w8qMXwYXX1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=MXTP_ePB7iU

How do you kill it

>fwd
But seriously why would I buy this over a corolla?

1) max comfy
2) hit anything ever safely
3) all of the torquesteer and wheeelspin

So nothing better over a corolla

He does not understand that the Corolla is the greatest car ever.

>can't into swedish steel

youtube.com/watch?v=Q0UqOHZAPHo
Pic related, driver would have survived but wasn't wearing seatbelt and was ejected

lol ugly cheap piece of junk
This is a real car.

hard to argue with foolproof logic like that

post fast bricks

How about Japanese Volvo?

Muh nigga

>even amount of cylinders
not enough whiteblock fart

I'm going to be looking at and test driving an '06 S40 T5 tomorrow afternoon. Is there anything I should know about it or be on the lookout for other than what's normal for any car? Any particularly common problems?

PCV
CVVT
FGT

Eh, I love both my P2 S60s. If I could still buy them new, I would not hesitate.

F W D
W
D

Just fucking no

inb4 >Veeky Forums driven wheels autism XD

but like really, it's fwd, fucking worthless

good, more p80s for me

Im on southern and dobson but I work at alma school and warner.

A couple questions

1.how are new volvos
2. Are they reliable
3. Why are they so cheap used
4. What are some good new models

>12/09/16(Fri)09:40:22
>09:40
>9:40
VOLVO 940!!!!!!!!