Why do women ignore the check engine light?

why do women ignore the check engine light?

same reason your mother abandoned you.

she was on her way to my dick

Because most of society couldnt give 2 fucks about a car outside of getting from point a to b and having dick waving contests with their neighbors. This is why so many auto shops exist, their customers dont care why something is wrong they just want it fixed.

I ignored it when I was 15 and I am a male. Killed my 95 Camry. I didn't know cars had fluids that needed to be changed other than gas. I didn't know repair shops existed for a reason. All I knew is my mom said Toyotas were good cars and would last forever. I didn't understand the link between that and maintenance.

I didn't have a dad to teach me random shit like that, so I learned from my mistakes.

damn btfo OP

meh non car literate dudes do the same but in a different way. they put tape over the light.

If the car still runs, most will put off servicing till it actually shits the bed or starts to make obligatory noises of death.

me? i freak when a i see a CEL. i need this car to live. no transport means no way to get to work to fund meager existence.

Wemon here, I ignore the CEL because my Subaru Outback is throwing a fucking P0420 I don't feel like dropping the exhaust to fix.

That's fucking easy.
>yfw I work at Subaru

At least you learned eventually, I guess.

Women? Most of Veeky Forums ignores their CEL.

>get first shitbox when i was 16
>brake light is on
>be retarded and can't fathom what it means since lol my brakes work how can something be wrong?
>only about two years later get down and check why it's been on
>oh the sensor is fucked
sometimes i just wish i was young and stupid again

that's impossible. why would she go to something thats non-existent

not a woman but mine is on permanently because I refuse to replace my cat

You've been driving around with the brake lights on for two years?

>mfw mother cut a small picture of a flower out of a catalog and taped it over the CEL

They think it's a just suggestion and not actually that important. Same thing with the entirety of the little book that comes in the glove box. They ignore it and it goes just fine until it doesn't. When asked about this they'll respond with "because fixing it would be too expensive" and when the piston rod snaps and flies through the oil pan they'll ask if it's going to be expensive.

P0420

DUDE WEED HAHA

My '07 outback has the same problem, I think it's the MAF Sensor but I'm not sure

Bread on tits

>get CEL
>read code
>some pointless misfire
>continue to ignore CEL
>other car is OBDI
>disabled CEL because what's the point
Women will ignore an oil pressure light, everybody ignores a modern CEL because they light up for pointless things.

I ignored my CEL for roughly 7 years on my DD. threw EVAP/misfire codes from a burnt valve and broken gas cap. finally got sick of running on 3 cylinders and took the head to a machine shop this morning.

>tfw your DD is a beater and you dont give a fuck

P0420 is a catalytic converter issue or a bad O2 sensor causing an improper reading

>CEL because they light up for pointless things.
For fucking real. Mine is on because my blinker stopped making sound due to some weird electrical issue that doesn't effect anything else on the car.

you can keep resetting the code if you have a reader

>no transport means no way to get to work to fund meager existence.

Must suck to be american. Otherwise you would have something called public transport for going to work like the rest of the first world.

Aee, America isnt the size of your average football field so we actually have to do this thing called "commuting"

It's where you drive to work because your job is in the next town over

yea then I would have to work on the bus schedule not my own. this is also assuming you live near a decently sized city. there are lots of parts of murrica that have public transport and also lots that are to low density for public transport to even be an option.

Public transport in american means low income undesirable niggers live near there.

Not sure about you but I want to live far away from low income nigs.

I feel like this warrants a documentary at this point. My wife has had it on in her car for almost six months and refuses to take it in. I offered to go in with her to deflect bullshit but she's completely convinced it's due to bad weather.

MAybe ... you should take it in for her... or run a diagnostic test...or stop being a dork

I've offered but she absolutely will not spend the money on getting it looked at. She's stuck in the "corollas won't die" mindset. She won't even take it in for an oil change. We handle car payments separately so in the end it's her problem but holy shit how lazy can you get.

My ABS light has been on for months and I know it's a wheel speed sensor because the ABS will pulse the brakes under any amount of braking until you get going over 30. I don't have the time to bring it in right now so I just pulled the fuse.

I had a cel come on for some back pressure sensor I just deleted and waiting to see if it happens again. It's been 5 days so maybe it won't.

Poor thing.

she doesn't change the oil?

Wait, why don't you change her oil? You're her fucking husband

You should just change her oil and check the code like just bower the car for a day.

How could a bad maf possibly cause a catalyst efficiency code? Do you even know what the maf and catalytic converter do? Of course not. You drive a 2007 outback.

You and your wife are both fucking retarded

I'm sure her sons father changes the oil for her don't worry

>oh no this sensor is telling me this much air is coming in but the cat disagrees
>throws efficiency code because numbers don't add up

:^)

P0420 is triggered by a comparison between the pre and post converter O2 sensors. The maf isn't even involved.

They don't

>Check Engine
>It's still there
>Keep driving

this guy knows whats up.

i made a learn today

>>It's still there
you think women can tell?

Tbh most people wouldn't if you took out the engine and left the covers

Brake light?

You had the hand brake on for that long?

Get a car without ABS

> problem solved

HAH!

Buuuurrrnnnn

>women
Had a discussion with a bloke at work today about how when he goes round a corner, the 'check oil level' light comes on. He then explained that it's ok if it's flashing, it's only when it's on all the time that you need to do something about it.

Ignorance knows no gender, bros

>check engine light is on
>car runs the same as it did before it went on
Why bother paying attention to it?

If the warning lamp comes on with the engine running and at operating temperature, the engine oil level has dropped to approximately the minimum mark on the dipstick. When this occurs, the warning lamp will first come on intermittently and then stay on if the oil level drops further.

From W124/W201 manual. So he was right if his car has that feature.

I've got the same code on my corolla. It's too fucking cold to fix it

The check engine light in my DD has been on for about 3 years now.
I still don't give a shit and I won't change the fucking EGR just so it will turn off.