Can someone tell me what's wrong with this engine bay? All these carfags are freaking out

Can someone tell me what's wrong with this engine bay? All these carfags are freaking out

Is it the pod filter directly over the exhaust?

air cleaner's in a bad spot, and those hoses coming out of the valve cover look like the wrong kind of hose to have in an engine bay

>inline six
into the trash

Cheap fuel pressure regulator and cheap manual boost controller.

it is a bit odd seeing an RB with a distributor

Is the distributor supposed to be there?

distributor on a RB. It's not supposed to be there

THIS. It looks so fucking weird and out of place.
This also, that's a shit place. So fucking hot right there. Intake temps probably 110+F

Master Power chinese turbo lol.

But yea, like others pointed out.. distributor on an RB25. wtf..

Someone want to explain why a distributor on a RB is bad? And why he did it?

some of them have distributors
>pic related

but idk why the one in the OP has one unless it's there as a joke, DE engines have a Cam Angle Sensor there

atmospheric SSQV right underneath the air filter?

Was going to say something about this. Shouldn't the BOV always be attached near the intercooler? Mine bolts right onto it.

doesn't really matter.

should be as close as possible to the throttle body

>Not looking 2jz

right on, no fucking intercooler zapping performance just to meet emissions standards
and a proper hot air intake.

looks good to me, but that will never pass smog with all that dense hot air entering the turbo.

Not a wastegate, doesn't matter.

How do you know it doesn't have an intercooler?

because I'm really fucking drunk and know these things with my master booze sense

that makes sense. I drive a vapearu and my intercooler is roughly one inch from my throttle body lol

Those are actually Brazilian turbos and, surprisingly, they're very good. They're no Turbonetics, obviously, but they're bounds above chinese quality at near chinese prices. I've personally see them take good abuse and make good numbers.

Hot air is not dense, that's why it is bad. Cold air is dense so you get more of it for the same volume. Meaning more fuel. Meaning more go fast.

thatsthejoke.jpg

god bless the master booze sense

I'd go with BOV placement too. The distributor looks odd but it makes sense being there at least. The BOV on the other hand looks completely weird there and it may even be installed instead of a wastegate considering I see no actuator for an internal wastegate nor an external one.

Could it be that some fucking dumbass confused a BOV with a wastegate and installed one in it's place???

Looks like it's attached to the elbow directly off the intake.