en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Believers
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>judautism

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eruv

The Halakha is autistic as fuck

top10jokesthatwentwaytoofar.jpg

hahaha holy shit
this is the most retarded thing I've seen in my life

Judaism is, of all the world's religions, the one that probably focuses most on orthopraxy over orthodoxy.

I think if i was taught this growing up I'd believe the world was out to get me as well.

>make breakfast on sabbath
>accidentally touch an egg
GOD'S GONNA FREAK

What happens if you peel the egg on Shabbat as a Jew, do you have to confess your sins or some other dumb crap?

It incurrs a MASSIVE Goodboy Points demerit, can set you back weeks.

you get instaban hammer from life by GodAdmin

You get made into soap

you don't cook at all on shabbat.

Or flick a light switch.

Surely god is less enraged by people breaking his laws than by people exploiting sneaky loopholes to circumvent his laws

Do these people think god is a fucking schmuck?

>there are people who unironically believe that a superior entity that created the universe cares about how you peel an egg or whether you eat pork or not

Just let that sink...

Pharisaical Judaism is a means by which to drive men insane.

And for what?

Yes.

They do.

desu this is why I don't take orthodoxy too seriously

These are Jews we're talking about. It's their way of life.

thank god for jesus

>The eruv allows these religious Jews to, among other things, carry house keys, tissues, medicines, or babies with them, and use strollers and canes.

autism

God cleverly organized a set of exploitable rules to train his chosen people as Lawyers and Businessmen. Did a bang up job desu

This really lends credence to my theory that if God exists, then he created us for a source of cheap entertainment

>x is gonna freak
Is this a new meme?

the only thing new here is you

So if I made my jew gf peel eggs on sabbat it is another shoah?

Time to experiment! I feel mengles spirit!

they're asking the wrong questions here

Pharisaic Judaism, yes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_and_meat_in_Jewish_law#Dishes_and_cooking_utensils

Pharisaic Jews do not think God can punish you for loopholing it. There is a story in the Talmud where God gets upset, and the rabbis nitpick him on law and eventually he had to concede the argument.

All religions eventually become bloated with ridiculous amounts of silly traditions which become religious law.

Islam has stupid shit like which foot you should enter the bathroom with or which side you should sleep on. Christianity has well, every bullshit tradition with saints and idol worship.

People get sick of it and religious reform happens and the same thing happens again

Autism: the religion

Christianity has saints, but we don't quibble over things like how many times you should make the sign of the cross before kissing the icon.

I've seen that and more actually.

That kind of stuff happening was why Luther broke from the Catholic Church in the first place you mong.

I don't believe you, but even if you are telling the truth, I've certainly never seen it spilled into a textual concern.

Luther broke because he didn't like the massive stress on contrition demanded by a monk's life.

Luther broke for hundreds of reasons including but not limited to all the stupid rules and idol worship going on. Oh you stole, say 30 hail Mary's and pay us 2 gold pieces and you're good. Kiss this on the right cheek and this on the left cheek to be blessed by Jesus. That kinda shit.

Nah, these were more rationalizations. Luther himself said that the contrition demanded of a monk was horrendous agony for him, and he only came out of it when he realized works don't matter. Everything else sprouted from there, he found relief and his theological system was built around this great relief.

You sound like a devout Catholic.

I'm Orthodox and I think he was right on a lot of Catholic issues, like indulgences and purgatory and the Pope.

Nonetheless, it's very clear what his ultimate motivation was

>“Whenever the devil harasses you, seek the company of men or drink more, or joke and talk nonsense, or do some other merry thing. Sometimes we must drink more, sport, recreate ourselves, and even sin a little to spite the devil, so that we leave him no place for troubling our consciences with trifles. We are conquered if we try too conscientiously not to sin at all. So when the devil says to you: do not drink, answer him: I will drink, and right freely, just because you tell me not to.

The massive amount of contrition demanded by monks crushed Luther, and he threw it all off and found a new way of looking at Christianity that didn't stress contrition so much, and in fact saw it as peripheral.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Believers
>Sign of the cross
>Two fingers, pointer finger straight, middle finger slightly bent
vs
>Two fingers joined with thumb, held at point
Huge fucking deal including persecution of those who preferred the older way even though they were eventually proven correct. Sounds like quite the quibble to me.