Cross grade from Taco to 7 seater?

I have a 2010 taco, Double Cab 4x4. I bought the upgraded 4x4 over the Sport even though I liked how the Sport drove better.

Now I need to cross-grade to something with 7-seats. It's got to have real 4x4 (no AWDshit).

What should I get? Will be looking used.

why do you need 7 seats?

His wife has 5 sons

twins

with car seats there is no 3rd adult room
without we'll still need to take a friend each
>me
>wife or other parent
>twin A
>twin 2
>friend A
>friend 2
>possibly other parent

we can squeeze 5 into the grand cherokee if one adult climbs in between the car seats but the taco is 4 max.

Budget? Just looking for a straight across trade?

You're basically looking at a fullsize SUV: Suburban, Expedition EL, Sequoia.

I was really hoping not to go the fullsize route. I've had an F250 crewcab longbed, and I miss it but it's also nice to be able to fit in the garage.

No budget really I was going to look at features and models first. Probably $30k.

Honda Odyssey. Give up the offroadability. You don't need it. You'll have time to get a wrangler for your midlife crisis to get your offroadability back. 3 row crossovers or suvs are harder to live with.

>You don't need it.

We get feet of snow here fami. And I just sold my TJ, it was up on 35s with a long arm, full armor yadda yadda. Hell, my RV has 4x4 on it.

I'm not opposed to the mini van per se, but my Taco does double duty as an actual truck and I'd question if I can pull a small excavator around with the Odyssey.

Get a quiggly 4x4 van lol

Four door pickup trucks are fugly

Buy a fullsize suv, because if you buy a van youre going to look like a fucking balls-in-purse pussywhipped loser.

seriously. you like cars, and you have a family. dont sacrifice your identity because you cant get your car in the garage.

if you absolutley must have a mid size suv, toyota makes 7 passenger 4runners.

If you don't plan on having more than 5 that often the 4-runner is a good option. If you can find a low-miles LR3/LR4 and don't plan driving a bunch those can be good vehicles, but with lots of reliability problems as they get older. Third row seating isn't great in anything but a full-size SUV, so if you are putting a high priority on seating 7 that's really your only option except for minivans.

Where is here? The roads are paved aren't they?

You're a fucking faggot

colorado. and no my road is not paved. and you cannot get up it in 2wd in winter. and even on the roads that are paved an oddessy with snow tires is not going to make it through feet deep snow and that's not even considering driving into the mountains that's just my town.

Then get a used awd sienna and a beater truck to plow your road and tow your shit.

Yeah I mean if you need to seat 7 people (and I assume at least a bit of cargo) then a fullsize SUV is about your only reasonable option. Toyota offers a third row in the 4Runner and GX but they are laughable. Land Rover has a decent sized/shaped third row on their Discoveries, but I assume you bought your Tacoma in part because you want something reliable.

For what it's worth, a non-extended length Expedition is 206 inches long, which is 6 inches shorter than your Tacoma double-cab short box. So if the Taco fits in the garage then so will an Expedition. Tahoe has a poor third row IMO, not worth considering.

Nissan Armada
Ford Expedition
Tahoe or Suburban
Toyota Sequoia

If you want 7 seats and "real 4x4" your going to have to live with a full sized truck based SUV. You can get with 7 or 8 seats and shitty AWD which will still get you up any snowy driveway.

How are the first gen sequoias lads? I daily drove a double cab long bed dually f350 so I'm not afraid of parking like OP.

Inefficient as fuck.

It's a full size SUV, how bad could it be? I drove a K2500 before the F350. Talking single digits here or what?

Pretty awesome actually. Like a 3rd gen 4Runner magnified 30%. Third row is actually pretty usable even by adults, and you even have a surprising amount of cargo room behind said third row (but not Suburban levels of space either). They are perfectly sized IMO. MPG wise, not too terrible. Better than a 100 series Land Cruiser with the same 4.7L at least due to part time t-case and less weight.

Ground clearance is legit, solid rear axle articulates decently enough. Oh and you get the 4Runner's awesome roll-down window.

The biggest issue is finding a clean one. Also watch for frame rust.

And you're a fucking idiot because he was talking about minivans

Learn to read