>4 cylinder engines

C A Y M A N

A

Y

M

A

N

Grand Sport > GT4 > Z06 > GTS > Z51 > S > Base Corvette > Base Cayman

Depends if I'm buying or if it's free. Also depends on trim.

Let's see:

Porsche
>Ultimate driving machine
>Good racing chassis and engine
>Timeless design
>Racing Heritage

Corvette
>Chassis is made out of plastic
>Garbage build quality
>Overheating issues in 2016
>Made in Kentucky by fat rednecks

If you want to get more than just an engine inside a turd buy the Cayman.

ford gt

more like gayman

I would take a Corvette over a Cayman. However I would take a 911 over anything else on the market.

So ignoring the cost, how long until you can legally drive either of them?

Depends on which cayman and which corvette

Honestly I've been cross-shopping them for a while (for when they hit the used market around 35-40k) and am still torn.

Corvette: muh V8, considerably faster in a straight line (matters more than handling to me), way flashier and more interesting to look at. Parts should also be relatively cheap.
Cayman: muh MR, considerably better build quality and interior, has a 6MT (don't want a 7 speed like in the Vette), less attention-whorish, handles better, more driver feels.

Overall I think the Cayman is the better car but the Vette will be more interesting and fun to own, it's tough but I think I'd go with the Cayman simply due to the lack of a 7th gear.

Actually there's one thing I haven't considered; I'm moving to Colorado where altitude will fuck performance on non-forced induction cars; therefore if I'm comparing the Cayman S to the Vette the Cayman wins easily; vs. a standard Cayman the Vette would win for me.

Both the Vette and Cayman are NA though.

Cayman S is turbo.

The new 718 Boxster/Cayman has a turbo flat-4, the 981 in the OP has an NA flat-6 in both S and non-S versions.

Wasn't talking about the 981 specifically. I know the 987 and 718 are turbo, though.

The 987 definitely isn't turbo.

Shit, you're right. I'm retarded, ignore me. Either way I'd consider the 718 the most fair comparison to the C7; would lump the M2 in just for fun while we're at it.

Cayman, because I feel nothing for Corvettes.

Cayman, I don't like the design language of modern vettes

Vette. Engine is up the right end, and I'd rather have fun noisy drifts than snap oversteer.

Neither will be good for performance. The only question is fun.
Germans do not know how to have fun without being told what to do.
American rednecks know what they think is fun. They think fun is loud noises, rear tires with a contact patch the size of their wife's tits, and atrocious amounts of oversteer.

If I wanted precision engineering, I'd employ germans to build a bridge. If I want a sports car, I'll go with something fun.
Honestly, though, I'd prefer something fast and grippy like a Lotus or a Caterham.

this

Has never driven a cayman if he thinks it isn't fun. Also mr>fr for muh driving experience
Why do you retards even bother posting when your opinions are pure and utter garbage?

Good taste

I would take a cayman over a vette, but a vette over a non turbo 911. turbo 911 over anything but a 918 or pagani why-ra

>front engine
>Engine is up in the right end.

Sir, do you realize that there is a reason that every single hypercar/LMP car/F1 car today is mid engine?

>inb4 muh dorifto

He's considering a corvette.

Fuck, that's a good one.

>If I wanted precision engineering, I'd employ Germans to build a bridge. If I want a sports car, I'll go with something fun

Your entire post was all over the place but this really sold it.

I've never driven a vette, either. Have you driven both and are able to judge?
No?
Your opinion is shit.

>every single hypercar/LMP car/F1 car today is mid engine?
MID engine, not REAR engine like a porshce. With a mid engine, it is between the axles. In a rear engine layout, like a porckche, the engine is at the BACK. Over the rear axle. With a gearbox past the rear axle.
TL;DR
MR is fine.
RR is a fucking deathtrap.
Don't buy a porch.

If only every car had as many interior choices as Porsche.
Lemme post just a few Cayman interiors I like..

needs more blue

and that's why I would get a Corvette with Cayman interior. It's that simple.

Have to admit, that looks great.

If bright blue is what you need then it has to be Corvette. Porsche offers only darker blues.
I would get the full red one.

Cayman is MR kiddo
911 is RR

Porker make a car other than the 911 and a crossover?
News to me.

Even the shittiest interior will look good in a computer rendered image

>cylinder engines

>those carbon-reinforced belt holes
rip in pieces to the shoulders of whoever drives this

McDonalds looks great on the menu also.