Civic for "3k"

How much is this thing worth? 89 Corolla, 110k miles. Guy is asking 1k "OBO"

I'm heading back to school and really need a car, and it's either this, a '90 civic with 170k that I brought down to 600, or a 98~2000 Corolla/Civic for >1k

This is NYC, for what it's worth.

Thanks, Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/5906235636.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Normally I'd hop right to the later years but I saw this fucking interior and my bad taste activated.

Well its almost a 30 year old car, and that comes with some caveats. Its not a bad deal though.
it can be low miles but its going to have wear
Take it to a shop, put it on a lift, get under it, check for leaks, inspect for rust, especially since its in NY. check all the rubber parts, seals, bushings, fuel lines, spark plug wires etc
change all the fluids the second you get the car, and it will probably last a good while

90 Civic

i got a similar camry for $300, had a worn out cv joint and broken sway bar, was a nasty sounding ride...

i bought new cv joints, removed the sway bar and replaced the lower control arms, so im about $700 all into the car, drove it for 3 years and sold it for $1000

ive seen the car sold twice since, listed at 1200 and 1000
imo a good running, good condition vehicle should never depreciate below $1000

Didn't notice the rust on this thing, man.

just follow your heart

Alright, I'm pretty hyped for it then. I'll try to bring the Corolla down to 600~700, the interior is pretty great, but I'm not sure how/if to deal with this door rust.

Why can you only spend 1k?

Poorfag saving to finish their last semester

I'm fortunate however to have 24/7 access to an auto garage, so I thought why not get a cheap durable shitbox, best case scenario I save dosh and learn something.

If you live in NYC why do you need a car?

My school is upstate and afterwards I'll probably be in Long Island, transportation is awful in both cases

>being a train/bus rider

I hate plebeians

>literally encouraging someone to be a busrider
wew

You don't. Once it rusts, it continues to rust underneath the paint. You can only try to slow it down by sanding it down to smooth metal and treating it before repainting the entire section.

>Upstate
Near Albany or Buffalo?

subway is slower than it was in the '80s and overcrowded

buses are even slower

There are areas of NYC that have shitty transit service because they were actual mounds of dirt before WWII

t. former bus rider

This is what you get when you vote De Blahsio.

if you have the dosh buy this instead

newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/5906235636.html

ah yes blaming it all on whatever current political figurehead is in office

good lad.

Mussolini made the trains run on time. It all comes down to leadership.

I always thought that sort of posturing by Mussolini was great. It really presented an image of confidence and disdain that you'd expect from the sort of strong leader he was trying to present himself as.
>Hmmm, yep yep, I'm the greatest. Yep.

t. dib-lousy-o PR department

good ol pol/o/

this is now a shitbox thread

Jesus, look at it. If you're even just asking about it, you deserve it DESU

what would mussolini drive

His country downhill