Eve Online General /eog/

Christmas gifts are out! Day 3:
remember to redeem them daily!

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX?
Yes of course!

>I just started, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using a referral link.

Make a spare account and use its referral code.
If you're too lazy to make a spare account, just use this link:
secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=310b178d-f7c4-4a5f-b357-ef84bb63d764&action=buddy
or beg for one in the thread.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy

Future:
Dec 14th-25th everyone will get a daily christmas gift from ccp! only redeemable for 24 hours per item.

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>May 40: RIP your hidden shit senpai

Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/5ih7rg/certificate_error_on_launch/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't buy sister probes they're waste of isk

please help

What anime is most like EVE?

>Amarr

Why do you say that?

try restarting your launcher and game

Kill la kill

reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/5ih7rg/certificate_error_on_launch/

OUTLAW STAR

I havent seen it in a decade or more, but I remember being so hype for it since it was like space pirates docking in ports in space.

sister probes are a waste of isk if you have all the scanning shit maxed and/or scanning in highsec

>said no one doing serious scanning ever

They are a waste if you've just started and are flying T1 exploration frigs without a cloak

One container in WH / null is going to pay for them. No they are not a waste. They are essential purchase and a second cheapest way to get some strength besides skills.

>thinking you can compete with this qt

thanks friendo. Much appreciation.

FUCKA U WHALE

>tfw boosting a single venture in my porpoise

Kind of nice

attack on titan :^)

>Siege of M-OEE8 Timelapse

This orchestral soundtrack is so good

What does a day in the life of a KarmaFleet member look like, and for a Pandemic Horde member?

finding good fights in this game is A FUCKING TORTURE FUCKING HELL

love the soundtrack of this game. its amazing.

Just go into someone's wormhole and stealth bomb them.

Honestly it's easily one of the best parts of the game

Wow. I have some of these already, but this'll take a while.

So anyone wanna hang out and teach me the ropes? I don't wanna be "that" guy.

join a newbie corp and chat in rookie chat etc

your totes being THAT guy

>for a Pandemic Horde member
It looks the way you want it to look. People from different time zones ping for fleets whole day (but all important ones are usually at EVE time evening). You can join them and go PvP, if you want. Or you can ignore them and do what you want. You can go ratting, you can go mining. You can turn on your internal jew and sell items and ships to them, you can also produce the items you'll sell. You can do what you want to. No one forces you to do anything.

Just join a comfy newbie corp and have a good time

Oh. Ok, guess I'll just look for a newbie corp that'll take full advantage of my ignorant state of mind.

Thanks guys and fly safe.

Nah don't be so pessimistic, just do some research on the corps and talk to some of them and see if you like it. They'll more than likely teach you if you happen to find a good one.

EVEmail Wexa Tion for an invite to the /eog/ newbie corp

I'm just being realistic. I would take advantage of myself if I were in a position to do so. It's just life, I'm ok with it.

But goddamn the recruitment system is confusing.

I sent the most formal letter I could possibly conceive right now.

>But goddamn the recruitment system is confusing.
Yeah, CCP still have some areas of the game they could improve.

>some areas
A "minor" understatement.

This is the third time in 6+ years I've started playing and only now the tutorial is in a state that doesn't overwhelm and turn you away instantly.

>tutorial for EVE
I don't even know how to make it properly. It will be shit anyway. Maybe now it's less shit, but still.

Also, what the hell am I supposed to do with the useless stuff left-over from the Agent missions?

Like the scientists, civilians and proofs. Sell them?

Keep them in the system and forget about it. Or sell them if they worth something.

Just got wrecked at a wormhole data site. Instantly got warped in on during mid hack and webbed+scrambled.
No one showed up in my overview at any point while I was scanning things out, and I was pretty careful.

How'd they manage to find me so readily?

Will you get kicked if you're like "meh I'm going to go do missions in high sec!"?

maybe they already had all the sites probed

It's pretty decent now, I guess.

I have the attention span of a six-year-old, but I've been able to sit through all the agent missions so far and even learn from them.

The only thing still poking at the back of my brain is "What happens when I run out of agent missions", since the missions themselves don't tell you anything else than "make money".

Not that making money is not the essential point, but with so many different ways to make money, it's hard to choose which one is the best for oneself.

maybe he was cloaked.
>overview
use d-scan you doofus

Don't focus io isk/hour, it's a trap.

If you want to do missions in high sec, you should leave it yourself, otherwise some retarded wardeccers will kill you. But if you get kicked because of inactivity or leave it yourself, you can return any time, just apply again.

this general is pretty comfy

Okay, they sound pretty laid back.

>overview
if it shows up on the overview, its too late

>mfw shitposting while gas mining

Yeah. It's an interesting concept. They don't require API keys, so it's really easy to get in. But that also means there are a lot of spies and alts in it, so it's hard to do some sneaky shit without everyone knowing it. But I guess the first point outweighs all the problems that come with it.

Spies in horde don't really matter because there's nothing worth sabotaging in Horde's assets. If you want to do anything in Horde, you have to do it yourself without letting anyone else know unless you're prepared to potentially lose whatever you're doing.

Does anyone have a link to cargo size for courier missions ? I want to occasionally autopilot some stuff while alt tabbed on my alt account.

Where do they live atm in null?

Cause the way you present it, its worth it for fleets that are going to be full of spies and easy blue null.

Is 22,000,000 sp a lot?

found it: Level 1 and 2 courier missions can be run using frigates, although you may need to use cargo modules in the low slots. Cargo size for L1/L2 missions can be up to 450 m3 in size. For level 3 and 4 courier missions, you will need an industrial hauler because cargo sizes will be in the 4000–8000 m3 range.

can missions like those compete with kill missions?

It's decent, but not really a lot, no.

7RM-N0 (or 7RM-NO, not sure)

I haven't done the math or anything but I am pretty sure its a clear nope.

I never understood the people that had trouble with EVE's tutorial. Don't you read forums and guides when you check out new games?
Back when I started me and my group of friends minmaxed the shit out of static DED plex farming for Isk and then wardecced some mission runner corp within our first week.
We got BTFO when they hired mercs but we weren't helpless ''''''''newbros'''''''''' asking dumb questions in help chat, we read up on how game mechanics worked and went out there and did things.

Pure Blind huh? Well guristas shield drops aint bad. Thanks.

Minmatar or Gallente alpha for exploration?

without implants or remapping you get 1800sp per hour that's 1.296m sp for 30 days so it's still about 17 months counting this way.

There's a pocket in Fade connected by jumpbridge to Serpentis space as well.

caldari

>group of friends
fuck off dudebro, everything in eve is way fucking easier when you already have a comfy group of people to do things with

Some people are annoying gaylords who need to spoonfed every detail. But that being said EVE plays uniquely so its not like you have any real natural intuition for playing it coming from other games. While the NPE had some nice production value it was severely lacking it showing good technique and explaining the game outside the most basic of actions.

>tfw I gave KarmaFleet my full api key with no expire date and they they could still reject my application

Minmatar are space Abbos and WE WUZ KANGS
Gallente are homos.

Caldari is the only choice.

>Minmatar are space Abbos and WE WUZ KANGS

kys

>wagecucks are le best meme

>caldari
>Caldari is the only choice.

okay.jpg

>karmafleet

>Caldari

This is what keeps me from applying to KF with my mining alt. I don't really want all my accounts to end up in some nefarious GSF database.

>chyeah finna tryina get dat isk
>mupda du didda finna warp drive mang
>we wuz earthlangz n sheeit
>bix nullsec nood

>minmatar
>alpha amarr
>gallente
caldari r bes

Is there a way to go back to character screen instead of log off, log in?

not since they introduced the faggy launcher

So, because I dont have half a bil sitting around to try it ... can you swap out subsystems on a T3 cruiser with a mobile depo like its a module? Or do you need to weld it on in station?

Gallente = Space America
Caldari = Space EU
Minmatar = Space Africa
Amarr = Space Holy Roman Empire

Alright /dog/, let me ask
As an alpha clone, which race is best for exploration

>exploration

these are always at least a bit retarded, but this one is really retarded

>EU
>not full blown faggots

Caldari is best for everything.

Wow, you really made me see the light
I now realize that mining in high sec is truly the best way to
>enjoy EVE

Seriously, it doesn't really matter for exploration. All of them will work. It only matters for PvP, because
>Amarr
And for PvE Gallente is the best.

more like
gallente= french
caldari=capitalist heaven
minmatar=africans
amarr=vatican

>And for PvE Gallente is the best.
just because you need to train their ship skills for machariels doesnt make them the best

Vexors tho

>the dude who bought all my items and tried to relist them at 100% is now trying to undercut me with a phat stack of items I'm trying to sell

Guess who's laughing now

us
at you

Even if I sell these items at 0% of the value I paid for them in jita, I still made 90 million isk profit with 5 minutes of work

how do you make profit by giving things away for free

i buy stuff in jita for 100% item cost. I sell them in other area for 150%, he bought them and tried to sell it at 300%

Like what?
I've got 500mil~ in liquidity, I could really stand to buy more injectors and plex.

>Eos

I sure am having fun making 2isk an hour playing the scanning mini game to find the data mini game.

I've tried mining, even got a barge, and gas huffing.

The only way to get a real amount of isk is Plex selling. This sucks.