Accidentally connected negative to positive and positive to negative for an extended duration

>accidentally connected negative to positive and positive to negative for an extended duration
>motorcycle electrical system wont work now
HOW FUCKED AM I

well i looked over my notes and did some calculations,
yeah your fucked

not nearly as fucked as gm is

well did the main fuse blow or did you fry everything? if the fuse blew then it prolly saved you. if not you're super fucked.

FUCK

WTF DO I DO
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

HOW DO I KNOW IF THE MAIN FUSE BLEW?

Test if it has resistance dumbass.

how the fuck do I do that? I have a multimeter

best way is to use the watermelon trick

Set it to the omega symbol (ohms), lowest setting should be 200 or so. Then put one lead on one side of it and one lead on the other. If it gives a value it isn't blown, if it says 0L (overload) it means infinite resistance, the fuse is blown.

You probably blew a main fuse

Check the fuse box you dumb nigger and replace whatever is fucked

Every car I've seen, the terminal wires won't even reach the other side, how did you manage that?

When I put the two things on the same terminal I got a reading of like .03 (going down from 1)

When I put it on different terminals the value doesn't change
gay ass motorcycles

Wheere the fuck is thise main fuse on the ex500?and can I just buy any 30amp part?

so I got the fuse, can I just get any 30 amp thing now?

Wat is even the point of a fuse

Wait, did you find a broken fuse?

Look at the lid of the fusebox, or your owners manual. Replace it with a fuse of same amperage

To prevent electrical meltdowns.
Example; a LED-bar draws 20 amp, and you're running it on a 25 amp relay and 25 amp fuse. If something goes wrong with the grounding or the bar suddenly draws too much power due to a short circuit or similar the fuse will break, preventing disaster

OP if you can't do something as easy as identify if a fuse is blown and replace it yourself without Veeky Forums's help you really should stop fucking with your bike and take it to someone who had half a brain to help you. I mean Christ you've already demonstrated you're completely retarded by hooking up jumper cables backwards.

I replaced a fuse, it was EZ and a 3 dollar mistake

thanks guys for helping with babbys first electrical problem

Im guessed without the fuse I wouldve been FUCKED
I hooked up the battery to the bike wrong since I got a new battery and the orientation was flipped even though it was the """""same"""" battery.

>making assumptions about new electrical equipment
>making assumptions

NEVER assume ANYTHING with new equipment. Read the fucking labels and colour coding, retard.

>armchair mechanic comes in the thread
don't act like you didn't fuck up in the beginning.

anyway If battery manufactuorers were actually smart, they'd paint the positive and negative sides with something other than the same color as the rest of the battery. I don't give a fuck though, replacing a fuse was easy once I found the starter fuse box.

>I am retarded around electricity so everyone else is too
>implying batteries aren't marked + and -

>Asks armchair mechanics for help
>Then bitches about getting yelled at for being a retard by the same armchair generals he asked for help

Really though you should be able to figure this shit out on your own.
Don't go about thinking you're McGuyfurr because you swapped a fuse.

But yeah, without the fuse you would have been fucked.

That's why they use fuses.

I like you.

the + and - isn't noticable

I was rushing anyway and I just found it dumb the battery was flipped orientation
I don't think im McGuyver, but seriously how tf would I figure out things about fuses on my own? most people wouldn't be even to find the fuse, let alone diagnose an electrical problem...

anyway thanks Veeky Forums! you guys are always there for me when I fuck up kek

>the + and - isn't noticable

Requesting pic of batteries

Bear in mind the flash is bright

Not the user who requested pic.
This me.

that looks very clearly marked. were you replacing it in the dark because you were to lazy to get a flashlight?

That's about as clearly marked as most batteries are.
Don't try to defend your ignorance, just accept it and move on.
You'll notice that the embarrassment and regret goes away as soon as you accept it.

It was still kinda bright out senpaitachi, all im saying is that I brushed over the charge indicators in my rush and that they should mebbie chance at least the positive marker to the color red.

I accept my dumbass mistake

>the + and - isn't noticable

>giant symbols right next to terminals

>positive and negative aren't noticeable

>OP is the kind of person you share this board with

How did you not see that shit?
Also are you sure you didnt just put the battery in there backwards?

Holy shit nigger you are dumb.

Color coding? Are you fucking 5 years old? How's about you do some fucking research before you begin fucking around with electrical systems.

Or burn your bike down. I really don't give a fuck.

Holy shit OP get an eye exam ASAP fucking lel