AE110/111

AE110/111
Do you consider it to be a shitbox?

Yep

Ae86 is a shitbox desu

I mean
its better in every way than the AE86 and more fun but Veeky Forums will say ae86 is the god machien and ae111was a disappointment

Was it considered a disappointment outside Veeky Forums?
I mean, "muh initial D" aside

define fucking shitbox
amerifat

Is it better though?

It had a really neat engine that got way overrated. 20 valves, ITB's yet couldn't even achieve the 160hp is was supposed to have.

But blacktop is 165 hp

They never came with stock ITBs fucking murritard mouthbreather.

Yes. in every way

Fucking Shitbox - Performing sexual acts to an outdated automobile.

A 30 year old economy car.

>FWD

>busriding

>i just searched it up and read fwd

I want one desu

>defending fwd

lol idiot

Honda did it better, the ae111 has some cool things like the throttle bodies and the 6 speed box, but the dc2/ek9 rapes the Toyota (and i'm a Toyota fanboi)

I consider it to be a godmachine

They cost twice as much as a Levin BZR too though

>being a busriding benchracer

Can we please go back to 90s Toyota. They were making FUCKING FOUR sports cars all at once.

>Supra Turbo
>MR2 Turbo
>Celica GT4
>Corolla BZ-R

I wouldn't call any of these sports cars shitboxes. All four were built as performance vehicles. Now any other Corolla, any non turbo Supra or MR2, and any non GT4 Celica I'd call a shitbox.

Still do, for good reason, Honda went hard on the original type R's.

Let's not compare it to any turbo toyotas, they're on another level.
Arguably a celica ss3 is a better car than the levin.

>tfw no turbo AWD Celica after the 185
>tfw supra was heavy and expensive
>tfw sports trim Corollas were detuned for the US market for no real reason

And there's the Glanza V and JZX90/100s, even their mpv came awd and supercharged
Not to mention the other strange cars they came out with like the Sera
90s Toyota line up was goat

That's what I mean, a good ek9 or dc2 is €5-7k here, while an equivalent bzr is about €3k
That said, the type-rs are definitely on another level.

Yeah.... but BZR was neat because it was an affordable sports car. It looked great (imo), handled very well, had a good gearbox, and had a fantastic sounding, screaming engine.

My point was more that Toyota made a Sports car for everyone.

>FE & FWD (realistic daily)
>FE & AWD (rally car fanatic)
>FE & RWD (just gotta go fast)
>ME & RWD (supercar wannabe)

Just like every Japanese manufacturer after the 90s, they killed off everything fun.

Based 90s Toyota please come back.

Toyota killed the performance Corolla, killed the turbo Celica, and completely killed the Supra. The only car they kept, the MR2, the made ugly, unable to daily, and a convertible.

they also kept the jzx until 2004. The JZX110 IRV came with a turbo 1jz, manual trans and LSD in some models. I believe Toyota kept the 1jz-vvti in production until 2006 in the MKII BLIT wagon and crown athelete.