Hey guys I never post here anymore, but I really need advice

Hey guys I never post here anymore, but I really need advice.

On Sunday an NJ state trooper clocked me at 101MPH in a 55, so I've got a ticket for that, and one for careless driving.

I think I'm looking at 7 points all in all.

I have a pretty clean driving record, but my stupid ass was rushing to get home at 2am.

Anyway, how fucked am I?

>I googled how fucked I'd be
>resulted ranged from just paying tickets, to losing my license for 30 days, all the way to jail time
>I work and go to school full time so I really can't afford this shit
>probably should lawyer up
>I'm really hoping they just let me pay and leave
>court date is Monday

If anyone has an uplifting story about getting away with this type of shit I'd really appreciate it, I'm worried sick because need to figure out how I'm going to get my family christmas gifts, finish this semester with a worthwhile GPA, and keep daddy lawman from fucking my tender asshole.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w2QPDStmXeM&ab_channel=officer401
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You need to lawyer up. Couple hundred bucks to get things either completely dropped or severely reduced. Traffic court is a joke and all these attorneys do is go in, shake hands, and the entire matter is done. Given what you got, you probably won't get away with both being dropped, but you never know. More importantly you will save money in the long run and probably end up paying the same amount or less than if you just ate the tickets.

shit that's what i figured

>>probably should lawyer up
No, you should lawyer up.
All of this.

>101mph in a 55
You should probably kill yourself. I hope they take away your license.

I got clocked at 107MPH in a 65. I was 18 at the time and dumb as fuck, so i just went in and the judge ordered I pay the $250 something ticket and told me to keep my speed down.

I'm not saying this will be your case, but as long as you dress appropriately, be polite to the judge and own up to your stupid mistake you should be able to get off with just paying the ticket. Consider the cost of a lawyer vs how much the ticket actually is.

But i've also heard the legal system up north has a bad reputation for being total twats, so you might just want to go ahead and take advice

>all my research told me to find a lawyer. but like obviously it would
>this is my dream scenario
>not one to look like a punk ass little cunt, probably going to lawyer up if I can afford it
>if killing myself was a financially sound option I would
>my student loans will probably fall on my parents and I'd rather live in debt than put that shit on them
>it's a 65mph a few feet down so I thought I could argue that the cop got it wrong
>probably can't
>ropes are cheaper than lawyers

How are you planning to lawyer up if you can't even afford paying the ticket?

> Speeding by slightly more than 100%
Please kill your fucking self dude. Mo sympathy for you if you get jail time or your license suspended

>gm guy can't do math
>irony

I meant slightly less than 100%. But whatever faggot. Completely disregard everything i said based on a small spelling mistake.

>please learn to spell or do basic math before posting in my thread.

"Completely disregard everything i said based on a small spelling mistake."

your right better check your advice: "kill your fucking self dude"

>advice regarded

before your beat me to it I just noticed I should have typed you're instead of your.

>killing myself is on the table

>NJ
You'll do some time. I hope you get raped in the ass. At the very least you'll experience sucking Antoine's musky dick.

Also don't kill your fucking self, I was shitposting and don't actually know anything about the new Jersey legal system, you probably won't go to jail. I want to tell you to kill yourself but what I really mean is take accountability for your actions and stop putting other people in danger

wow man that's the nicest thing any one's ever said to me on this website.

I'm not saying that I didn't fuck up, I'm just not prepared to handle the consequences.

If it makes you feel any better I don't typically drive this fast. Haven't gotten a ticket since January.

youtube.com/watch?v=w2QPDStmXeM&ab_channel=officer401
he talks about dropping tickets/reducing it around 2:30. it's worth checking out

thank you!

Lmao your fault retard

I live in NJ and was clocked doing 114 in a 55, the guy knocked it down to 101 but I still got jail time, I was unemployed at the time so I didn't give a fuck. This was 6 years ago now though so things might have changed since then though.

>state trooper clocked me at 101MPH in a 55
You MUST lawyer up. It needs a lawyer for the deterrent effect in reducing what appears on your record. The effort and expense of Hiring a lawyer shows the judge that you are more serious about the situation so he will have more belief in your statement that it was an unfortunate one-time incident and that you are sorry. SO you have a better chance of sentence reduction so that your future is not destroyed by high insurance costs for the next three years.