Im alright im a total noob. help me out guys

im alright im a total noob. help me out guys

i just got my first car last year. and up until now i just been having some dudes in a shop change the oil. looks like im going to need to start maintaining other things.. so. i should just do it myself, right?

well ill probably need tools. but i dont know which tools ill need for sure and what the best brands, or at least decent brands are. i figured id need some car ramps to change my oil and fluids. a jack of some sort and wrenches

help a guy out

just missed black fridays deals on craftsman tools theyre the cheapest as far as I can tell and the fact you can take them in at sears and have them replaced is great.

yeah. but.

i still dont know what to buy to start working on my car

Whats wrong with your car?

lmao you guys

cars need maintenance right? well i just bought a car last year so im new to maintaining cars. things need to be maintained. maintenance

what tools do i need to maintain my car

an ungodly amount of things no joke
You should probably say what you car is probably look up what usually goes bad in it and inspect iot look up youtube videos I dont have your fucking car.

thank you so fucking much. fuck. fuck fuck fuck. look how cool we are

what kind of things? i drive a civic

Brother, buy a basic metric/ stand wratchet set and start from there. As a home mechanic(You, at least trying to be one) and someone who doesn't know any thing about cars. As shit breaks, buy the tools that you need. Also if your curious about preventative maintenance, look up the manual for your year of your car. Start from there.

These

And these

And theseeeeee

Also these

Forgot image.

>lube tech takes his first trip to the tool truck

Seriously

youre dope. thank you so much

>Snap On

>pour people think I'm a lube tech
>implying snap on is bad

aw sweet dude, sweet. is that a snap ons?

I wouldn't recommend someone like OP buying Snap On is all.

I can tell you do lube/tire only by your tools. No reason to take offense, have to start somewhere

How hard is it for a pleb to change a head gasket on a 22r. I've only really changed my oil and spark plugs. I got the water pump changed before with help. I need to do the head gasket and timing chain on my truck now. Is this a difficult job with a manual?
Pick related.

That's just my cart.
A lube tech doesn't need 3 impacts
Breaker bars
Picks
Hammers
Die grinders
Test lights or multi meters
Thread cutting/ thread repair set
20+ plus type of pliers/hose tires
Trim tools
Multiple sets of 1/4. 3/8. 1/2 sockets
Vice grips
Precision screw drivers
Upholstery removal set
She said installers
Brake caliper C clamps
Different gauge torque wrenches

All a lube tech needs is an impact wrench, small 1/4 socket set 3/8 socket set and pliers. That's it

Extremely difficult for a first timer.

Should I try and sell it or attempt the job? Doesn't seem worth the cost of a mechanic.

If I were you I'd sell it. Not worth it to me. If you have a second car you could drive while the truck could be your project then maybe. A book and hand tools only gets you so far. With out proper help and guidance you will get extremely frustrated and pissed off and lose interest in doing it. If you don't know shit about cars you could "rim rock" yourself. Which is you can take it apart gone and all but when it's time to put it back together you forget where shit goes or what bolts to use or which goes which

Not worth it for a first timer

Honda gets a lot of flak, but if you're just starting out with doing your own car maintenance, you're lucky. Hondas are relatively easy to work on by most accounts.

I recommend looking up how to do basic maintenance on YouTube. Look at channels like EricTheCarGuy, ScottyKilmer, ChrisFix, EngineeringExplained &c..

Look at your owner's manual, if it didn't come with your car, look it up online. A lot of times you'll be able to find it for free. If you're lucky, you might even find the service manual, which is like your car's bible for how to fix the shit that goes wrong with it.

The tools, you'll buy as you need. If you're looking for cheap tools and you live in the US, go to Harbor Freight.

Getting into doing your own car maintenance is the best -- it's fun and it'll save you a lot of money in the long run.

Also, if you don't have specialized tools that you need, you can get them loaned to you at AutoZone and places like that.

You'll need to leave a deposit, but you get it back as soon as you return the tools.

If you're considering the hassle of fixing the car, make a list of everything you need to do to it and compare whether the cost of the parts and your time will be more or less than getting a new car.

Sounds like you should let a professional do your car work.