> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MRkeebcMiFY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=MRkeebcMiFY

>you'll never have your game's music be composed by a live orchestra free of charge

Let's have a day full of progress, agdg!

Repost because I'd like more answers and I'm a (you) collector

My penis grew three sizes today

define "hipster"

Does anyone of AGDG other than hoppo make a living off of gamedev?

>> Engines
>GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
>Godot: godotengine.org
>Haxe: haxeflixel.com
>LÖVE: love2d.org
>UE4: unrealengine.com
>Unity: unity3d.com
>> Models/art/textures/sprites
>opengameart.org
>blender-models.com
>mayang.com/textures
>> Free audio
>freesound.org/browse
>incompetech.com/music
>freemusicarchive.org
This is just clutter
Also why is blender-models.com so special it gets its own mention? Its a garbage site whose downloads don't even work half the time.

got almost all of my demo day plans done already. gonna take it easy now. feels really good.
also that game looks fun

(kys)

Did you do your daily refreshing your memory on Godot documentation? It only takes a few minutes!

tough since a lot of things formerly known as "emo" "punk" and "hipster" have become mainstream

Thanks mr.shitposter

depends on the game, the quest, the areas, etc
As mentioned last thread, a big quest like Biggoron's Sword is fine because you're intended to complete it as a side thing while doing the main game
As long as a quest is engaging it doesn't matter how long it is. Conversely, if it's busywork the player isn't going to give a shit for long.

i look forward to your post every thread as much as i look forward to krogan cock in all the /gif/ sfm threads.

i'm going to clutter your ass with my penis next time you make this dumb post

>someone ACTUALLY made this and then posted it here

Lol. Just fucking lol.

>I'd like more answers
What was the question?

You should make a long quest chain that loops on itself, to beat quest 1 you need to beat quest 2, to beat quest 2 you need to beat quest 3, to beat quest 3 you need to beat quest 4, to beat quest 4 you need to beat quest 1. But, there's actually a secret way to beat quest 1 that you have to find yourself.

Oh, oops.
The question was: When does a quest chain become too long?

limp, flaccid, and semi-erect?

nice quad-naughts

go back to /v/, you mouthbreather

Unless you're making an MMO, you have no reason to make quests MMOlike.

If it's singleplayer, you could make giving things to NPCs a mechanic, then overhear the genericGuy123 complain about lack of sword, which you could then look for and bring back to him, all as a quest. Same thing without the ? -> !.

i agree with what the guy in the last thread said
after about 3 or so it becomes a joke quest. end with everyone dieing.

who else headed to the poorhouse here?

Not him but if we are going to keep the engine list it should really be kept up to date. Why is Haxe there but not SFML, MonoGame, or LibGDX?

>making fun of yesdevs

Why?

or Construct 2?

Three

never. i would play the game in that image as long as the dialog options for the player became increasingly irate/impatient

also isnt there a popular malcom in the middle gag webm along those lines

If you end up forgetting what the original quest was even about then it's too much. Also don't have the quests be completely unrelated. For example
Guy wants a sword -> go to blacksmith -> blacksmith doesn't have all the materials -> go collect iron, wood, and leather from various sources.

It doesn't feel like your making any progress if you keep getting new objectives before you complete previous ones. Nobody wants to play a quest that feels like busywork.

He fucking deserves it. Check the archives for the birdmath trip and pepsifam. It's all there.

Because it literally doesn't matter and we don't need to shit up litrally every thread with a 50 post argument about what needs to be in op

Then don't reply in the first place.

Agreed. Source should be in the OP.

>also isnt there a popular malcom in the middle gag webm along those lines
kek, the one with the dad
submit it to the next filename thread

You call HIM a YesDev? He doesn't even know the meaning of the word. Where is his game? Where is YOUR game? Do you even have a game, or a car?

>one progress post
>its literally insane shitposter

Let's stop the roleplay for a moment. Don't you ever get bored of doing this?

>Godot, Haxe and Love
Why are outdated garbage engines listed? Is it just a list of every game engine that's free?

delet that

>Slipstream
Fuck yeah! I thought the kickstarter failed but this game is great!

I got some UI stuff in today and got the saving figured out.

Where is your game? Can you even drive? Of course you have no game and no car. Living with mommy under a Halifax pier, ""devving""" on her 2001 ACER laptop........... Lol. :)

I'm being serious, user. Don't you have anything better than this?

Target tracking and target locking is working. I also added buttons so the player can turn on or off auto locking on any available targets and can instead trigger the locking manually. The maximum number of the locked targets (at the same time) can also be easily changed.
The next step will be adding stuff like rockets, since target lockons are useless without something to fire on the locked targets.

nodev here, is the saving just saving every variable and using it when pressing load?

keep working on my level.
ill fix the reflection later

Pretty much

Level design is not game dev.

wew lad, i used to think saving is a big deal

i use blueprints to open doors.
does that count?

Is this a meme?

show us in a webm

>be me
>be at work
>get hyped that i'm gonna get back from work and dev
>even got 1 thing i was excited to try out to implement and one more as the game's main mechanic
>i work 12 hours straight
>get back from work and play overwatch all night
i fucking hate myself, need days off to actually do some devving, and even then i'm so autistic i don't like daylight and don't dev during it, and can't dev if i have only 1 day off since i wake up at midday and my mind set is already fucked.

What the fuck is this shit?

>have cool idea for a game
>Ok, have kinda unoriginal idea for a game but I'm not that creative
>can DIY hackjob around Unreal 4 blueprints
>Can't into sprites that well
>Can't into models that well

Query, would bad graphics and bad art put you guys off having fun? Is there any guides for minimalism?

The beautiful city that I call home, where I do my game development.

Only a quadrillion hours. Definitely sustainable.

As long as you do one thing well nothing else matters, Thomas was alone has shit gameplay and shit graphics but the story makes it worth it.

ultraminimalism's ship has sailed
you can't stand out when every indie fuck just draws some boxes and calls it art

Since when do mayang.com textures have watermarks?

>shit gameplay
Bruh. The mechanics in that game have literally never been done before. Pretty clever.

That is pretty disgusting. Why do you keep posting it?

Is it just me or is the Godot C++ source code a bit of a clusterfuck?

I'm no expert, but I wanted to add some functionality and I noticed that some of it is pure spaghetti. For example the editor GUI layout is completely hardcoded and that file has 7000 lines, and the icons are hardcoded as separate cpp files. The fuck?

this is my room

this is from a ue4 tutorial so all assets are from epic

So which of those piers do you live under with your mom, L.I.S.?

whats is the story behind this?

Still need to play that.

Vvvvvv made me have hope for the minimalistic approach, but then again that was a love letter to the Commodore and I wouldn't be able to replicate that as well as he did.

this is my rig

ue4 comes with lots of default shit.
you can actually make games with just the stuff in the editor

see
everything here comes with the starter content

Yes. user is insane and/or trolling.

Where is the game? I don't see a game here.

Select your Directional light and enable "Dynamic Shadow Distance StationaryLight" to make those sun shadows nicer.

I could never do that, it's not very nice under those.

>Vvvvvv
It was released almost 7 years ago now. The indie market is completely different and the sure-fire gimmicks of back then don't work anymore

so what works?
i was in touch with the indie scene a year ago but i lost track since

I swear i played a newgrounds game that had a really similar mechanic, the whole "use other characters to progress" thing.

>7 years
Oh god where did the time go.
I don't know, I guess I just want to make something people find fun but want to find a style that won't put people off cause I suck at art.

The stuff in Unreal is great, but the 2d assets are somewhat lackluster.

Repostan, what animals are a must-have for gathering materials.

buying assets from whatever store is attached to your engine and jamming the game full of crafting
Although that's on the wane now too
There isn't a new goldrush yet

Post good UI

>I guess I just want to make something people find fun but want to find a style that won't put people off cause I suck at art.
You can still make a good looking game with minimalism, just don't expect it to sell like hotcakes like it used to

meh don't make 2d in unreal, but don't go barebones as well.

get off from work and start spriting. pixelijoint have lots of learning material.
yeah it sucks ass to learn how to art let alone sprites but the concept is simple. you don't have to animate your spites beyond idle animation

>I can't use someone else's genius idea and be a genius because they already did
Come up with your own.

love2d isn't outdated, it just had an update last month

also it's not an engine it's a framework

Kekworthy but the slow shuffle would get tiresome fast.

I'm not taking about being original or genius, I'm talking about what sells

reminder that pure style is enough to sell shitty gameplay

hows that related? he made his game using his own assets

True
the UI doesn't even look good

What assets do you think are in this webm?

Yeah, animations all need tweaking.

and its so much better off!

Not making a game to sell cause holier than tho-
Cause I don't have anything to make assets apart from Student versions and Britain's internet laws are getting so bad I don't want to pirate anything.
Gimp and UE4 only time.

I might actually take up programming rather than blueprints cause blueprints is it's own kind of special hell. Will look into pixelijoint though, thanks user.

Some retard made that and then posted it here all proud of it like it's not literally insane trolling.