A car is inefficient for personal transport

A car is inefficient for personal transport.

a 1.5 ton vehicle for a single individual.

A personal transport vehicle should not weigh more then the person being transported, rule nr. 1.

Otherwise, the vehicle is not transporting you from one place or another, you are transporting the vehicle.

Owning a car for commuting distances smaller then 35 kilometers is a terrible waste.

I don't say you can't, you have the freedom to so do, but don't ask me for my money when your pocket is empty, and don't use the state to your means to steal my money. This violates the NAP.

I do not want to be responsible for spend thrifty liberals. You must face the consequences yourself.

This is in no way meant to hard genuine vehicle drivers (business officials, cargo transport, long distance commuting, or for fun if you can have the money.)

All I am saying is, if you are young and you don't need it, don't buy a car because of social pressure or because everyone has one and you think it's a basic necessity for life, it is not. Because the vast majority of car drivers do not need one, they buy one because they are gullible and society tells them to while they can't really afford one, not just in the here and now but also in the future.

For many like myself, owning a car is luxury and not a necessity. I've been living car free for 5 years and saved a lot of money. The majority of car drivers use their cars for commutes under 15 miles and drive it alone. This is unnecessary for the majority. Alternatives are, upright bicycle, recumbent bicycle, motorcycle, velomobile, public transport

I am a free market capitalist, but not a crony oil slurping corporatist. I don't believe in global warming and that "CO2 is bad", but I do like clean city air not filled with nitrogen and sulfide oxides.

Other urls found in this thread:

nzta.govt.nz/commercial-driving/permits/high-productivity/50max/50max-information-for-operators-and-manufacturers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>hey guys I'm a capitalist but really fuck freedom

>Hey guys I can't read
I am all for freedom, but don't buy a car when you can't afford one just because you're so gullible to believe you need one for everything. So many white trash and minorities do this, and than they go on the governments dime and I'm forced to pay for their bad habits. No thanks.

I am all for personal responsibility. I just cannot accept that welfare people, which is largely white trash and minorities, still own and drive cars, or even have expensive phones. This should not be possible. Why am I forced to pay for their bad habits? I have a big heart, but the money I give to you should be used wisely and minimally if you are temporaly disabled to work. Don't go out on holidays or own excessive money slurping things like cars because "it's mandatory". This mindset is terrible and really rustles my jimmies

No you are not entitled to a car and an iphone when you are on welfare benefits you cunt! And then they still complain about poverty. Welfare truly is a dysgenics program.

ok

it takes 5 minutes from where i live by car to get to the main mall in the area

by buss the same route takes 20 minutes

yeah...

get a fucking bicycle you cunt and save money for your pension, where is your fiscal responsibility?

i dont care you stupid idiot lmao you cant put a bus or bike in 1st and do sick burnouts ya cunt

the bike ride would take 30-40 minutes

tl;dr, but I appreciate that you didn't use that other zoomed in trolling pic.

Now

Fuck off bicycles are for retards

How many miles away is the mall?
For me generally the ratio is 3:1 out side the city, meaning I do 3 times as long over a trip then with a car, so it'd be a 15 minute ride for me. In the city I'm actually faster on my bike then I did in my car.

You can believe that, and it's fine with me, but accept fiscal responsibility at least, and don't come knocking on my door (through the government) to pay for your pension or welfare when you don't have any money. The majority of low wage people don't understand they can't afford a car. ( afford is something different then being able to buy )

I want ancaps to leave.
Also bikes are for fags and don't make cool vroom vroom sounds.

bikes dont travel at an averange of 60 kmh trough low traffic

the main problem isnt the distance but the fact that i live in norway and it does have quite a few mountains

Let's say you have to make 20 km to university in winter and you have these three options. Outside there are -20 degrees and you think to get that bicycle because it saves money, ok so 40+ minutes on snow and ice, you sweat like a pig and wind pushes, so no deal because I won't cheap out on 50€ to run around in a car a month.
Then there is the bus that is full of people, you are one of the sardines, no place to move and enjoy a smooth ride and might even get your phone stolen, no deal since I won't start throwing 100+€ every two days for a new phone. That leaves the car, the necessity of running around the town in 1/4 the time at the expense of 100€/month (the fuel and some oil or other minor things). Indeed it's a liability if you can see your target from your window and take the car, but else it's a necessity.

i hope you realize that the bus takes up less space than all those bikes. And the bus will actually follow the rules of the road unlike all those stuck up faggot cyclists.

First of all, is going to university the right choice? Or are you just studying a meme? Just like cars, the meme that it's "mandatory" to go to college or university needs to end as well. It's not. It's a business contract and not a given. Most people there don't know what they're doing.

And, depending on where you live, the weather conditions you described is only a few weeks a year at most. Do you really want to own for only those few shitty weather days?

>you are one of the sardines, no place to move and enjoy a smooth ride and might even get your phone stolen

Luxury is not a right ! if you can't afford it you don't get it. And there's no reason to own an expensive mobile phone, it's not "mandatory" or a "given" that you must own a 300$ smart phone, it's all luxury and the majority cant afford it, yet buy one. Just buy a cheap thing that does what it intends to do and you don't have to worry about risking it getting it stolen or breaking it.

You are not entitled to a car, to a phone, or to a college degree.

>A car is inefficient for personal transport.
Only in a overpopulated city, a motorcycle is more efficient.
>a 1.5 ton vehicle for a single individual.
My car weighs 750kg.
>
A personal transport vehicle should not weigh more then the person being transported, rule nr. 1.
My 50ccm Moped weighs 75 kg, I only 65kg.
By that logik it would be to heavy.
A bus has a even worse passanger/weight ratio.
>Owning a car for commuting distances smaller then 35 kilometers is a terrible waste.
If you live in a remote area you will need one since a mostly empty bus is even less efficient.
>I don't say you can't, you have the freedom to so do, but don't ask me for my money when your pocket is empty, and don't use the state to your means to steal my money.
I agree.

I can afford all of that so go be a poorfag and ride your bicycle somewhere else.

CAN you really afford it? The majority can't but think they do. And then they start knocking on the governments door when they're flat

Assuming single occupancy for all car journeys,

but cars are fun

you are not entitled to pleasure you spent thrifty liberal

Thanks OP.

Hey let's go take a ride on our bikes today OP.

Hey OP it's -10 and snowing today, that's no problem though, lets just turn the heat o-
Oh.
Oh no OP, I can't see, the snow and ice is covering my goggles. Oh I know I'll turn on the windshield wip-
Oh.
Hey OP, lets go grocery shopping! We can get all of our groceries at once and store them in the bac-
Oh.
Hey look OP, a rabid fucking dog! Good thing we're safe on our bic-
Uh Oh.
Haha, I sure am glad we took our bikes today instead of the car, OP! :)))))))

Fuck yourself.

Fuck off cyclist stop riding in the road and use your fucking lanes the city vent over backwards for you with

I don't give a fuck if you think k it's wasteful. I'm American and it'd my right to do what ever the fuck I want. Fuck your hippy rules and made up shit.

Who tf only drives in a 22 mi radius?maybe some eurocuck driving his wife's boyfriends fiat.

OP it's quite the opposite, you're using the infrastructure paid by car drivers

Yes.

The bus is tolerable when only the seats are used and in my city the bus got 40 seats but is suppose to carry 150. When it's full and stop at every stop keep your dignity and just walk.

Cars are tolerable if you don't insist on living in a highly populated metro area.

Living in a highly populated metro area is tolerable if you don't insist on owning a car.

The problem is that too many people insist on both, generating horrid traffic, horrid air quality and horrid sprawl.

>A personal transport vehicle should not weigh more then the person being transported
>Otherwise, the vehicle is not transporting you from one place or another, you are transporting the vehicle.

You are oversimplying things. You are ignoring personal safety. You are ignoring time savings. You are ignoring convenience savings. You are ignoring cargo carrying capacity savings. You are ignoring comfort. You are ignoring wear and tear to clothing. You are ignoring environmental protections to the person using the vehicle from cold, rain, snow, ice, salt spray from other vehicles, mud from other vehicles, grime from other vehicles.

You are also ignoring personal safety. I cannot ride a bicycle here for short distance commutes without significant risk of being mugged or having the bicycle stolen by bold cutters or at knifepoint.

>bicycle stolen by bold cutters
*BOLT cutters

Yes can do, I'm also on scholarship. 300€ phone are not a luxury if you got to wait somewhere in bumfuck nowhere. And three to four months a year are a pretty good excuse to not call cars luxury. And by the rules of entitlement for all you and I care I can be a mass murderer and be entitled to it, so education and cars/phone are entitlements in every civilised country, no excuse for that unless you live in Africa/America(the continent not USA)

>thinks education is a meme

This explains your views entirely.

It's good food for thought.

>motorcycles have 90% of the benefit of bicycles plus a few advantages of their own
>some cities are laid out badly, public transport struggles to service suburban sprawl
>a car is nice about 1 day per month, like if I need to take dog to the vet or pick up a load of mulch. The other 29 days, however...

t. used motorcycle as only means of transport for 3 years

I caved and bought a shitbox purely for driving dogness and mulch around. What a waste eh?

wtf. i hate cars now.

I'm too fat and lazy to ride a bike and I refuse to use public transportation with a bunch of peasants so yeah.

>15 miles by bike: hour
>15 miles by car: couple minutes

I use my 50cc Simson (60km/h officialy, 70km/h in reality) as DD, if I have to drive a longer distance I drive my Econobox.
I can park fucking anywhere in the city with my moped and can exceed the speed limit by up to 20 km/h.
In the city this is pretty much as fast as it gets if you don´t have a helicopter.

I used to commute 15km to the city center for my 9-5 job. My front door to work desk times:
>train 45 minutes, $3 per trip
>car 35 minutes, $1 per trip plus $20 parking per day
>bicycle 70 minutes, free
>motorcycle 15 minutes, $1 per trip and free parking

motorbikes are fucking superior, just get one with some storage for your daily bags and incidental shopping.

>Veeky Forums
>getting a meme degree and not a STEM autism degree

I wish my city had autolib
It would be perfect, you own a bike/scooter, and just hire the literal shitbox for a few hours a month when you actually need a car. But you don't bear the cost/maintenance responsibility of owning a car for the rest of the time.

Pic related, let your dog drool on this instead of replacing a fiat punto headgasket every 6 months

If you just drive in the city Simsons are supriror: inshureance is 50€/year or cheaper, 2,5l/100k or 95 mpg, no motorcycle licence needed, fucking easy to fix, relieable and more faster than the speed limit in the city.

Häng dich und häng deine stinkende, laute Dreckbutze, du Hurensohn.

I need my car twice a week to drive ~70km and since I´m not mjet I don´t have to replace headgaskets every 6 months.
And there are econoboxes with verry low maintaionace cost arround.
Was hast du aufeinmal für ein Problem?

>a STEM autism degree
Aww another flunked out spanner jocky who thinks his work is as important as those with a real degree.

Even in Europe not having a car is crippling unless you live in an urban area.

2-4 buses a day if you are lucky, no personal mobility, no way to go visit things you enjoy if they are not accessible by public transport.

Fuck off back to

Yeah scooters are more practical than motorbikes
But also more gay

I'd trade putting shopping inbetween my legs, for being able to ride nice roads enjoyably on the weekend. But for people who don't care about that, probably a 250-400cc scooter is the optimum do-everything vehicle.

>250cc-400cc
I want the "you need several times the displacement you actually need" meme to end. A 6 litre pickup truck is also complete overkill for towing an ATV:

>a 1.5 ton vehicle for a single individual.

I drive a 2 ton vehicle for a single individual an hour to and from each way. Fuck you and your couch.

M8 the average American drives 10k miles a year, doing that on a bike is nearly impossible unless you're a hardcore cyclist.

I understand your sentiment if you live in a city, but those of us who live in suburbs or the country literally cannot maintain our standard of living without a car.

You're forgetting that with fewer cars urban planning would start revolving around shorter distances. I agree that rural life is impossible without a car, but planning population centers around cars was one of the gravest mistakes of modern civilization.

I can put a 20L fuel canister and a shopping bag on my Simson while still carrying a backpack.
Also I am still faster than a scooter and need less fuel with that amount of cargo.

yeah now go with your bicycle for 20 km at the cold and wait 5 minutes for the bus + 5 minutes walking to the bus station and more extra 15 minutes fro the bus to stop in other stations and take longer routh and 5 more minutes to go from station to destanation.
overall, hlaf hour longer.

I have a motorcycle but sometimes car is more convenience. sometimes scooter can be convenience because it have a trunk.

>muh simson
>muh Simson
>MUH SIMSON
Go fuck yourself already.

300cc scooter is the best for city riding and highway.
and it's have quite large trunk.
even a 250cc can be good

>60km/h
>2,5L/100km
>easy to maintain
>no depriceation
I think you are envious.

I think you're a little cunt for continuously bringing it up for the half dozenth time even though they're almost inaccessible outside of East Germany. I also think they're loud, annoying stinkbuckets whose cocky little highschooler owners go on everyone's nerves on a daily basis.

Regards,
AN EAST GERMAN, YOU STUPID SHIT

>east german
Nope, as far west as it goes.
Also I moved to the Nederlands recently.
>High school
Nope University.

Well, in that case you'll have an easy time finding a canal to drown yourself in.

Public transport is never on time and costs taxpayers millions or billions. How is that efficient?

>I do like clean city air not filled with nitrogen and sulfide oxides.
The freshest air you can find on earth is still 70% nitrogen you stupid hippie faggot

Where'd you find the balls to call car owners liberal spendthrifts? Go fuck yourself

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
80% nitrogen

>i live in norway
This, a bike doesn't work very well in the snow and ice and rain

>With fewer cars urban planning would start revolving around shorter distances
Yes, it would. But that's only planning for cities and highly populated areas.

When I went to college I didn't take a car with me and biked or took a bus everywhere because that was much simpler than dealing with urban congestion and the complications associated with having a car on campus (fees, no where to work on it, not knowing trustworthy garages). I know where you're coming from and I agree.

Now I live in a small town with less than 5,000 people, which is outside of a large town, which is outside of a large city. For everyone except those in the city, not having cars is an impossibility. We need to get to our jobs far from us, among other things, and when you're driving 30 minutes to get to work every day, biking that length is completely unreasonable. I can't just wait until urban planning makes it possible for me, because my workplace won't move closer to me no matter what these planners want. And I refuse to move closer because I love my cheap property and land and nice house.

I like this thread, OP. Good on you!

Atmospheric N2 isn't even remotely the same as NO and NOx, you middle school dropout retard.

/n/ here. Bike is great. Rail is great. Bus is shit. Rail + bike = best combo. Fuck buses, they were a mistake.

As for daily car commuters: "You aren't stuck in traffic. You ARE the traffic." If not for you lousy fuckfaces there wouldn't be traffic and people going on trips or once-in-a-while odd drives would not face a traffic apocalypse every time they leave their parking spot. In other words, if you fuckers didn't drive every day as a commute, then the occasions you do drive would be more pleasant and take a tenth of the time. But we can't have nice things because you fatasses think you're too good to take a rail and/or bike. God forbid you leave your air conditioning for ten minutes!

Just want to mention that bikes don't tear up the fucking roads like cars do. With a bike you could lay some cement and it just werks for like 20 years, no repairs needed really. With cars they fuck the roads up and they constantly need potholes filled or light poles replaced from mongs who speed in the snow and then wonder why they crashed. Plus we don't have roads for cars, we have them for delivery trucks and emergency workers like cops and ambulances. Allowing cars to also use them is a privilege you take for granted.

also time unless your roads are in permanent grid lock
bicycling is going to take twice as long
what concerns me is the lack of care most people have for their car
not so long ago people enjoyed driving and took good care of shit box cars

>But that's only planning for cities and highly populated areas.
That's exactly what I said in my post, thanks for ignoring it. Alternatives to cars mainly apply to urban areas, and rural living is an exception that relies on car ownership.

Roads usualy aren´t damaged by cars driving on them, they are damaged by salt and water freezing in them.

>10k miles a year

I cycle or walk about 4500 miles a year and am not particularly athletic. If people didn't choose to live in mcmansions with an hour each way car commute and no transit, it wouldn't be a problem of such distance. Just live closer to where you work. Suburbanites should get gassed.

It takes a huge load off the car transit system, otherwise it would cost billions more than car transit expansions already do to accommodate all those people who currently bike or public transit. In my city and most other places I've been, it's on time. Rail is punctual to the minute, so once again, rail master race, bus a shit.

How is it efficient to idle in traffic half your commute? Hint: no traffic for a rail, no redlights, no jam from an accident or moron. If everyone took the rail we would spend far less on road repair and expansion wouldn't ever be necessary. Once rail is in place, the cost to operate it is minimal, no matter how more frequent the rail line operates. So it can handle 6 million or 60 million people with minimal additional cost. With car commute, the cost to accommodate additional drivers increases exponentially, and then you have the cost from all the crashes because these stupid fucks can't drive for shit. Seriously, go to the dmv and look around you. Do you want those people operating a vehicle? No. No you don't. Support public transit.

I don't say it in a derogatory way, mechanical autism is a pretty good thing.

alternative is bus transportation that takes an hour when it's just a 15 minute drive, and then consider that some people take over 30-60 minutes for their car commute.

Public transportation is not functional in north america. Blame urban planning for fucking up cities with urban sprawls so that cars are so necessary.

Even downtown, our subways are absolute crap. I wish we had something like Hong Kong's MTR.

>Just live closer to where you work.
there can only be so many living in one place, mate

Sort of. The water under the roadway expands when it warms up after winter, and when something drives over it, the weight pops the bubble of asphault and it causes a pothole. to my understanding. A road that is rarely driven on gets few potholes, a road with a lot of traffic gets a ton. Sidewalks and bikeways may get fucked up by worktrucks or tree roots, but otherwise last forever.

You could have typed "I'm bitter and poor" to save us the novel.

The asians make it work. Blame red tape who say you can't have a building more than 3 stories or who won't allow mixed zoning. It's a problem we could solve if not for NIMBY fuckfaces. Imo apartment towers are sexy and tell me you don't like the idea of living on the 20th story. We should have that instead of single family housing.

>b-b-but it's loud and muh crackheads

Duterte the drug users, install sound deafening insulation like you give a fuck what you're doing. Solved.

We could massively increase our density and make transit more viable if we wanted to. Hong Kong, Tokyo, etc. That also keeps the sprawl from destroying all the countryside.

>I live in a city

All cities should be hit with a nuke. Worthless hives of degeneracy. Rural for life.

>A road that is rarely driven on gets few potholes
So a country road (Feldweg) would last longer than a german Autobahn with cars driving over it with high speeds?
As far as I have seen it there is no difference in the speed potholes get in the roads between both.

>The asians make it work.
and they're miserable
>tell me you don't like the idea of living on the 20th story.
i don't

Because the Autobahn consists of two and a half feet of specifically engineered layers of gravel and asphalt, and an agricultural road is a layer of asphalt paved on top of some flattened dirt.

A country road isnt a feldweg you tard and highways have special tarmac and still get repaired every few years. 40 ton trucks kill the roads.

>Asians all hate each other and only live together because MUH CULTURE MUH FAMIRY MUH HONOR
>Only one Asian country can even make an escalator that doesn;t kill people
Any soundproofing will be expensive as fuck and not work nearly as well as you think it would
>That also keeps the sprawl from destroying all the countryside
Why use perfectly viable land when we cram everyone together in shit conditions with absolutely no space, privacy and "freedom"

My god you're an idiot.

Do you currently live in an apartment/condo or a detached suburban house with your own yard?

Suburbs would probably be fine if it was normal to drive a motorscooter everywhere here like in asian cities. Only problem is in winters and the fact that studded tires are banned here (despite the fact that half of the suburbs don't get cleaned up until several days after snowfall) so any two-wheeled transportation will never be practical here.

i'd totally get a bike/scooter though if it wasn't such a death sentence both in winter AND summer. I live in Brampton which has one of the highest insurance rates for a reason.

>Yeah scooters are more practical than motorbikes

Completely depends on the specific scooter and motorcycle designs being compared. A motorcycle with (unfashionable unless ADV style) rack and bag systems can haul larger loads than most scooters and do so safely. I was nocar/notruck for several years and did nearly all my shopping on my BMW. Scooters often lack good rack mounting and cargo tiedown points. I'm a mechanic and have ridden a wide variety of bikes and scooters. I don't hate scooters but if I were restricted to small displacement two-wheelers I'd ADV a dualsport and wouldn't even look at a scooter.

Babby scooter wheels and shit suspensions mean they handle less well over bumps, potholes etc. Your wheels act as gyroscopes to provide stability and larger diameter tires surmount obstacles large and small more easily than tiny tires.

Your public transport must suck. In the Eastern US, rail built the suburbs many years before practical automobiles existed. Even after being raped by rail nationalization/misbegotten consolidation there's enough left to be highly useful. The subway has always been the best way to get around NYC and rail connections span most of the East Coast. I enjoyed rail commuting when I lived in North Jersey and worked in Jersey City. Rail supplants tens of thousands of cars and thousands of buses in that region and road traffic will only get worse.

>country road isnt a feldweg
sorry, my english isn´t that good
>40 ton trucks kill the roads
A 40 ton truck is a different thing than a 1 ton econobox

>Hint: no traffic for a rail, no redlights, no jam from an accident or moron

sad to say but here in the netherlands almost everyday a train hits a person or a vehicle causing that rail to be shutdown for 2-4 hours. also even in the best conditions fuckers cant keep the timeschedule, it also costs butt loads to just use as a commute. i pay more for the train here than i do for my celica every month

>Your public transport must suck.

>trucks kill the roads
>tfw New Zealand
nzta.govt.nz/commercial-driving/permits/high-productivity/50max/50max-information-for-operators-and-manufacturers/

lucky the 50 tonne trucks can only go along approved roads
the normal trucks weigh 44 tonne and end up in places with hairpin corners and sheer drop offs

ok merci por la votre contribution

>rail

How does this help people who cannot get to where they want on a train? Or do not even have a train station?

>this violates the NAP

Stopped reading there. This is some hilarious shitposting, ayncrap user.

I didn't even notice that in the OP post. Good spot.
Now I want to argue about roads.

Removing autos from roads makes road travel easier. Adding those who use rail (and buses) to road traffic and parking space usage is a considerable downside for all concerned.

If public transport doesn't meet your personal needs you need not use it to benefit. Drive instead. Transportation is a system of systems. Select the best mix for your use case.

I'm sure more people would be willing to take public transportation if there weren't so many niggers

people don't spend thousands of dollars on bland commuter cars because they care about status, they're doing it so they don't have to sit next to tyquondegrease blasting bobby shmurda on his sail foam speaker

remove watermelon and you solve our traffic issues once and for all

>almost everyday a train hits a person or a vehicle

That's fucking retarded. Maybe you should stop smoking weed. It's hard to miss a multi-ton hunk of metal coming down a designated rail track honking its fucking horn and rumbling the ground. that's god damned retarded. Please gas your countrymen for a global eugenics movement. Our rails don't hit anyone because people fucking move out of the way.

Yeah, let's destroy all the woods and farmland and build sprawling shitty suburb developments full of nimby tv-watching assholes and leave a wake of traffic clogged roads and stripmalls in between. GREAT IDEA. You're the moron. Stop ripping down my woods.

Build a fucking station or move near one. You can walk or bike a mile to it, don't expect it at your damn doorstep.

This really. You shithead drivers ought to, if you had two neurons to rub together, realize public transit decreases traffic for you stubborn cage-cucks. If anything you should support it because the more transit, the more people are off the road, the less traffic there is for you cagetards. Even if you stink like shit regardless. I'm glad my city charges you out the ass for parking.

Postin'