tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
The first free DLC update, Angel City's Most Wanted, is out, featuring the return of the Angel City map, new Ion Prime and Scorch Prime skins, in-game cosmetics store, and more
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/7729/angel-citys-most-wanted-the-patch-notes

>Whats changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

scienceblogs.com/purepedantry/2007/08/14/men-and-woman-cannot-have-diff/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

anyone else developed nicknames for the titans? i keep saying Papa Scorch and Ronin-sama. it was ironic at first and now i can't stop

console players in a nutshell

nth for tone is for faggots

is it ok to put pin-ups on a girl titan

I don't think they mind.

How many players on PC right now?

that's just robo yuri

Just because i feel bad for posting a webm of scorch getting rekt

Magnificent.

im not having a hard time maintaining a 72% win rate, lets just say that

holo pilot + eva + firestar

that's pretty average to be honest

technically 50% is average.

What is the #1 game mode played by [tfg] on pc?

i hope its angel city

no, we don't really have any way to know what the average is because we don't have access to those statistics across the playerbase

>get home from work just in time for metababbys to be online
>also roomie uses up half the internet power to play online slots that she doesn't even really care about but wont stop
>innacountryside internet really goes to shit roughly the time she gets off
>weekends are only viable time to play
>metababby infestation time

loving this game is suffering

Probably MIxtape.

I'm sure the chunk of Tribes refugees here would have hoped for CTF, but alas the player base isn't big too hot on it.

Im not a big fan of Legion but for the guys asking for more of "her"

titan lesbian sex

I really want to see this now.

Is it the butch haircut?

You're a god among men

Ok, so I just played a couple of incredibly laggy matches in titanfall 1 and here are my thoughts:

The old shield and rodeo system was much better than the current one. I think a large part of why titan combat is so lame in this game is because of how fragile you feel while you're in one. The regenerating shield makes titan pilots far more aggressive and risky in their play styles.

The SP was not nearly as bad as everyone made it out to be, the two main issues were a combination of the enhanced targeting attachment and that there's no warning when you're being locked on. Not only do you get a warning now, but everything else kills faster than it did in the first game. It could have stayed a primary with the old lock on times and it'd be fine. There's no point to it now other than to have fun

Titan OS voices.

The AI was far better, they just felt more alive in the first game. Also, they actually shot at your titan with AT weapons, instead of uselessly shooting their assault rifles at you.

The maps were better. Not that that is news to anyone.

Pilot designs were better. Again, not news to anyone here.

I don't think I could go back to 1 after playing 2, but I'm even more disappointed now with some of the changes Respawn made to the sequel.

Threadly reminder:
KANE LIVES!

Mixtape, why the hell would I only want to play one map? I don't know why the Angel City playlist is still there, the last thing this game needs right now is further playerbase fracturing.

w e w l a d

Respawn said the Angel City 24/7 playlist will continue to exist "as long as it remains popular."

A titan taking out pilots is not impressive.

Yeah I'm always a little sad that the grunts don't get as much fun chatter as they did in 1. Though I did hear this great line from one, swear to god. Grunt killed a weakened enemy team Pilot and went 'Oh boy! Can't wait to tell my ex-wife about this!' I shit you not.

But yeah some of the stuff were steps back which is sad. Like a distinct lack of sexy voiced robot-AIs.

spyglass-sama i wanna rub my diodes all over your voice modulation unit kya~~~~

careful with all that edge, you might cut yourself.

You not being quiet is not impressive

no, I just never use that titan.
By the way, all are girls because we did this before the game was out, and at that moment I really was thinking that we will be able to pick AI like in the first game.

>an eternal tear of perpetual sorrow at never having the chance to have Jeeves the Ronin Titan

I think it is.

That doesn't even make sense, kid.

Remember when Legion was the titan everyone whined about in this game.

>Remember when Legion was the titan everyone whined about in this game.
Uh-uh

>Tell anons they can't marry robots
>Want to Marry legion
end me please.

>why would i only play on the best designed map for the game

>Complaining about Legion
>When Ion is a thing

u fokn wot m8

>jeeves wn tell you u're core is ready

Why do I have to fucking live like this?

Dude, she is very aggressive and is in a bad mood all the time.

>in the campaign his right eye is fucked
>in this banner it's the left

nice game exbocks, was fun

No I was saying I don't think I've seen anyone complain about Legion

I have, however, seen SMG and Devotion shitters complain loudly about Grenadier weapons, mostly after I fucking dunk on them

Woo mama yes

>dooming someone and phasing in to execute

Psssssssshhhhhhh

Just the way I like them.

>Grenadier weapons
I've really enjoyed the SMR lately is the softball worth the effort of leveling out? What mods do you run on it?

>six pack
That's what im talking about son

Did SMR get buffed? Got killed by an amped SMR the other day and it felt like a OSK. I'm guessing I got hit by two rounds, but usually I laugh that damage off.

I enjoyed it despite my low connection making it so that I only hit them with the splash. Seen one shots with it.

Honestly, Hidden Compartment is a little OP, but it's not like Legion is uncounterable. Flanking a Legion is literally game over.

who should I get good at
ion, legion or scorch

Amped SMR is bonkers strong, but boring since you can't go fast

I prefer the Cold War

Honestly, Softball is really tough to master, I'm not very good with it. It's probably the best one, since the projectiles inherit your speed and the damage is insane. If you get sticks you can one-shot no problem

Softball is my go-to on Crash Site, Drydock, and Complex. It's a oneshot if you stick someone, but the splash is laughably random depending on your ping. Sometimes I put four grenades right at their feet and it takes all four explosions to kill. As long as you're wallrunning and dropping down on people, they're probably dead though.

I run quick reload - which is absolutely mandatory on the thing - and extended mag to mitigate the eight second reload. I also don't run a pistol and use wallhang to fuck with people.

Add in MGL and frags for maximum explosions.

Scorch

>not a good night
>thinking about Tribes
>remember that I loved playing raider
>softball all ova niggas
T-tadaima.

Legion if you want to be useful.

Ion if you want fun.

Scorch if you have nothing else to waste time with.

I like using the SMR with frags and grapple and the MGL and I call the loadout "Slippery KerBlaster"

well what do you wanna do?
Stand in place and shoot a lot while getting fucking MURDERED if someone gets behind you? Get Legion.
Wanna burn shit, denying areas and lanes and have a bitching awesome defensive-offense wit the Inferno Shield? Scorch
Wanna be okay all around but have O P T I O N S with a rapid fire normal weapon a long range laser and a vortex shield? Ion.

How hard do you get when someone goes nuclear and you have the options to phase as Ronin or back up as much as possible with block?

Rock hard.

I've played nothing but Ion since I started playing, so I'm pretty biased.

I'd recommend Ion or Legion. Legion is pretty straightforward, Ion has a deeper learning curve but is a direct counter to Legion and is on par with Tone if you're practiced.

Scorch seems like the most fun out of all titans, though.

>but is a direct counter to Legion
Not really. Unless you are retarded, Legion will beat out Ion.

Scorch is boring. Scorch is basically about support and controlling an area.

he spells scorch as "scortch" and thinks that ion has a tether trap, just let him live in his bubble

also
>God-King Lucifer

How do I Ion? Ive been playing exclusively Scorch for a while now and felt like trying out a different Titan

>tether trap
You know I was talking about the trip wire,

>ion has a tether trap

Maybe counter isn't the right word, but Ion checks the Legion if it gets in the way of whatever Legion is shooting at. All Legion can do is stop shooting and find something else to do if it's stuck in a lane. If both are targeting each other at range it's a tossup, unless the Ion has no cover or is playing on a 144Hz monitor kek.

I guess this also is incumbent upon Ion running two dashes as well, which I think all Ions should.

All the Legion has to do is stop shooting, wait for ion to drop his shield then start shooting again.

Too slow, kiddo.

u spent smth like 5 threads calling it "teather" or "thether" and saying "ION'S TETHER A SHIT" 24/7 lmfao

Who /SPYGLASS/ in here?

And?

I didn't say it was shit. I said it should be swapped for phase dash.

ive had about 3 games like this today

Softball mods are pretty much forced into being quick reload and extended mag. You can get away with not having extended mag but you're going to be like eh, these others aren't that useful I'm going back to it.

You retard 50% will always be average unless a draw counts as a loss/win

Actually, thinking about it, it would probably make more sense to swap all 3.

Ronin: (actual) tether
Ion: Phase Dash
Northstar: (trip mine) tether

>swapped for phase dash.
For what reason?

>All the Legion has to do is stop shooting, wait for ion to drop his shield then start shooting again.
And the cycle repeats with Ion popping the shield again

Anyone here Apex Predators? Already Generation 3. Blisk is a surprisingly nice and positive announcer. Also, being a mercenary pilot reminds me of when I use to play Armored Core on PS2.

i don't think you know what the word "average" means

>northstar now has no CC
>ronin is now unkiteable
>a midrange poking titan now has phase dash

nice

Not if teams are uneven on a regular basis. Recall, for example, that a quit is a loss for the quitter as well as the poor sap who joins late in his place because his team had to pay catch up while short-handed. If anything, average should be below 50%.

You must be new.

Apex is the defacto /tfg/ faction

Because Ion would work better with the dash.

Ronin would fuck people up with real tether.

and NS could cover a lane with the tripwire and snip the other one.

>Lose
>Tough luck, I'm pulling you out of there before you get yourself kill ay.
Thanks blisk

Why not
Ion with the tether

Ronin with the tripwire

NS with the phase dash

scienceblogs.com/purepedantry/2007/08/14/men-and-woman-cannot-have-diff/
The two problems are analogous, but the net result (ignoring quits and draws) is that a 50% win rate is necessarily the average, mathematically.

i hop back and forth between apex and 6-4. did you ever play Last Raven? i have a lot of nostalgic memories of that one.

>Giving Ronin a way to completely lock down an enemy and get right in their face with no counterplay

Good idea

well technically you can shoot the tether, but it's still a guaranteed full shotgun mag + at least 2-3 melees before you locate the anchor and shoot it

Doesn't make sense or really benefit them as much.

Would be more fair than now, since you could bw unloading on them the whole tome instead of them just phase towards you then dashing into your face. Plus, it would help get ronin up to Tone's tier.

Last Raven was my favorite. It was really hard, but the ending gave me a catharsis that was very memorable. I recently discovered Armored Core again after finding the music from Verdict Day and For Answer. It's so good, I've missed out a lot on the AC ps3 generation.

Think about it

NS is now the ultimate peek sniper

Ion tether for the las core

Ronin can cover hit-and-run retreats

did you get the true ending against the crazy floating spider thingy? to this day, i aspire to be the tier of pilot that zinaida/schneider was...

it's definitely not why i have a female pulse blade pilot with purple camo

If you played as Legion you'd know that it can come out on top in this. You get little bits of damage in between shields. Meanwhile the Ion is standing trying to predict when you'll start shooting again.

>just got anal ravaged by a team full of fucking northstars in lts

what the shitting fucking christ

Laser takes time to focus. You don't want to be close.

Phase isn't cloak.

I rethought that. Running away as Ronin is stupid. If you are in, you have the advantage. Don't give it up. Not to mention Tether nukes.

This, plus latency, and Legion can pop it's own shield when it is ready to go ham.

Happened to me yesterday. Although we managed to pull off a 3-2 victory. Hornets are dangerous in swarms.

Same here. The existence of high aerial mobility Titans as shown by Viper reminded me of the AC2 intro where the AC activates his OB to ascend and destroy the base with a sawa.

>after finding the music from Verdict Day and For Answer. It's so good

Damn right, son. Nothing like putting on Scorcher while playing Scorch.

With NS I think he's implying you phase to a good sniping position, take the shot then dash to cover. It actually would work. No taking damage as you peek out of cover