Is it just me?

>There are buttons in my car I never dare to touch or press because I don't know what the fuck they'll do to my car.

Are you the same Veeky Forums or am I the only bitch ass who never explore the purpose of certain obscure buttons in my car?

i have a cressida where you need to push a button to expose/hide the heater/ac controls... still works but ive heard the motor slip a bit last time i went for the defrost

There are buttons on my car that I've never explored purely because I know they're features I have no use for, like Bluetooth calling and such.

Are you telling me that you're afraid to sit in your driveway and check out what a button does?

>Are you telling me that you're afraid to sit in your driveway and check out what a button does?

You are 100% correct my brave user friend.

You're a dipshit
There's a difference between idiots and smart people
Smart people play with buttons and learn
Idiots think that weird button on the head unit might brick the car

Guess which you are?

>You're a dipshit?

user you didn't get the point.
>I know I am a fucking idiot.

I just wanted to know if I was alone in my idiocy.

My car has exactly 7 buttons and 3 knobs, excluding the stereo
I've pressed every single one at least once

yeah, i have to agree with the other anons in this thread

sit in your driveway with the car in neutral (or park) & have the e-brake engaged. then proceed to press anything that your heart desires, as there is no way for you to possibly fuck anything up.

Nah, I'm not a clueless boomer who's afraid of technology

>I'll try do do it user, but it sounds scary AF!

Thanks an/o/ns

why don't you look up in the manual or google it ?

too many are the same shape and don't really have much tactile feedback

check the glove box for your owners manual
or perhaps cars don't have that any more

Ok will do senpai.

>27mpg
Kek what car

>16287165
Another reason I love the interior of my FRS. I really don't understand why the interiors of cars need to look like a space shuttle

>Smart people play with buttons and learn
I have a feeling that the only reason I ever starting doing that was when I was little and couldn't read vidya games. Noone else I know does that. But if I really don't know I'll search it up online, some car buttons are useless shit that literally have no noticable difference.

For months (or maybe 2 years) my parents complained about how the rear vents in their van don't move but they were a little bit open and made slapping sounds as they drove on the highway, and that there were no buttons to open them. One day I decide to sit in the driver's seat and there is a fucking button that says "rear vent"

fuck me I forgot another meme arrow

I wouldn't mind the spaceshuttle look if the things contained somewhat useful information -- engine temperature, direction, pressures, etc.

I drive a Ford with that interior, and know what all the buttons do.
The problem is that I forget where things are in the menus, still haven't synced my phone to it, and there are buttons I don't press because I don't want them to do what they do.
And because some things activate when I press other things, or deactivate on their own or whatever.

The green circle, for example, is for voice commands. I don't use those because I don't want to have to yell at the car to make it do stuff.
The tab that paddle is attached to controls the stereo. The one not visible on the other side is for the integrated satnav, which my car doesn't have.
The left D-pad is for the stereo on my car, but mine is RHD so it may be on the other side for you.
The right one, or maybe the left for you, controls the trip computer with it's host of options, including turning the driver aids off and on, and controlling options for the screen.
I just eave driver aids on and the screen to current MPGs.

The big mass of buttons on the right is the stereo and phone interface, because they feel you might want to dial numbers or text while driving, using the car's interface.
The left rack of buttons is quick links to menus. CD player. radio, aux input (cable or USB, depends on which was selected last), and main menu.
The middle D-pad duplicates the one on the steering wheel and some of the tab on the wheel. Note the symbols.
The volume control is a volume control. Push it to turn the music off.
The bottom rack of buttons ;ine up to the menu options at the bottom of the screen, particularly when playing music off a USB stick.
The bit in the middle is central locking and hazard lights.
The one under that is the climate control, and is fancy shit that's not on my car.

Simple when you've actually read the manual the car came with.

Honestly, I think he was being hyperbolic or just trying to shitpost.

Dont you fucking dare press the ejection seat button

Looks a LOT like the seat heater button

>Idiots think that weird button on the head unit might brick the car
In their defence, I bricked my MP3 player trying to sync it to my car stereo, and was stuck listening to BBC Radio 2 until I could get to a PC to un-brick it with the charge cable.

sometimes the dealer leaves them in there
and the owner never takes it out

here is mine from 1989
pretty thin considering it's fully illustrated and covers only small segments per page

All my cars are made pre 98 so no I don't have this problem

Why don't you just read the fucking manual?

Smart people read the manual so they don't brick shit
Dumb people play with shit to figure it out, and usually have no problems, but their understanding may not be right.
Retards think everything they don't know will brick shit, and never educate themselves.

I will guys, I will read it.

It's also worthwhile to note that they have since ditched the button-strewn interface for Ford Europe and switched to touchscreens.
I will pass judgement on it in 2-5 years, when I replace my current car that is at 60k miles with no sign at all that it won't do another 60k as long as I keep it maintained.

From cover to cover. EVERY. SINGLE. PAGE.
You'd be surprised by the number of things you will learn. I was when I got my first car and read the entire manual. Taught me more than driving school ever did.

Mx83 friend. Hello.

>Drive 370z
>Clock is still set an hour ahead because I'm too lazy to navigate through the 50 menus with unlabeled buttons to change it again
meh

>tfw the car manufacturer saves 1c by not haven those buttons

People don't read the owner's manual while taking a shit anymore?

Nailed it user!!!!!!
You are a realist. I really appreciate your honesty.

Man I'm glad I didn't get a Grande when I hear about that tray. What a pointless feature.

what a horrible instrument panel and it's a veiled 'lets talk about fords any way we possibly can' thread so sage/hide

the order of the air con controls bugs me, should be in order of importance relative to the driver.
Speed>temperature>mode

>button function clearly labelled
>too much of a pussy to use it

I especially like that there are no steering wheel controls. Hard to find that on cars that are not complete base models.

What's wrong with steering wheel controls?

I know your feel, bro. I pressed one button in my car once and it turned into a slammed gs400

Read the manual.

/thread