Mercedes thread

Boutta buy one off lease
talk me out of it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hLBVrM0wJvE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump
please any benzfags here?

Set aside a few grand for repairs and maintenance. It's german. They expect it to be babied.

get a volvo if you dont wanna be a grandpa

they're pretty crazy

go for it

p sure the suspension in these and (if optioned) with carbon ceramics you're in for some big bills, even if you do shit yourself.

>AMG S-class

Do you have the money to buy a new one? If not you don't have the money to maintain one.

Dad owns a 2010 S350 4matic and he loves it so far. Talking about repairs, he has only spoke about his driver side mirror not folding because some dirt was inside the mechanism hinge. And yeah that driver command screen always showed "ABS and ESC faulty". But this was fixed when the dealer called him for a free check up of his car. He's dailying(sometimes he uses his 13 Avalon) it for more that 3 years and has put more than 50k kms on it. The first owner only put 6k on it. It's a great car according to me. Smooth as fuck too.

If you're sitting in the back (or purely want comfort and a good interior) then Lexus' equivalent models are better
If you're driving then BMW is infinitely better to drive and still comfortable

>Do you have the money to buy a new one? If not you don't have the money to maintain one.
It's not that way. If you have double the money of what you paid for the car, you can actually afford a new AMG.

Lower models are pretty much reliable because my neighbor had a 08' S500 and he used to praise about how he cares and how the repairs are low. But OP wants an AMG and usually AMGs require a lot of maintenance and that of course requires a lot of money.

You are not supposed to drive that car yourself. It's like driving a limousine yourself, it looks autistic as fuck.

are carbon ceramics even worth it? the one i'm getting will have the standard pig irons

nice quads my man

no.

carbon ceramics are usually a dealbraker on these kinds of cars because of how expensive replacing them costs.

they're not even fucking useful because you're not going to track a fucking S class or a CL/SL

>lele repairs are low because engine is different
u really think that because it has bigger turbos on the v8 it's gonna make any difference in reliability?

Nice SsangYong you got there mate it totally doesn't look like a rice cooker you should totally go for it

not OP but what about the sl55 AMG or the sl500 from 2001-2008?

their mpg is shit as fuck and 25000€+ (45000€+ for an AMG) for a

people who own sl55's aren't fucking worried about mpg
or maintenance costs
what are you poor or something?

i am currently driving an slk 200 kompressor from 96 so I am not much worried about mpg

the cost of repairing stuff is not the problem, it is the fear of having to fix shit every 2 weeks that keeps me bothered

I want to drive the car
not park it at a service station every couple days

55k cars are the best
As much as people spew nonsense and parrot bullshit they've heard from other poorfags, they are amazing, reliable, and easy to work on.
I've gained over 200hp & torque for roughly $3k and it still drives like a normal car, until I put the pedal down.

>V8

get the V12 faggot

Every time I see an amg, its being driven by some boyracer who loves to rev the engine in a busy shopping street. All the lower end models are driven by boring businessmen on the highway

Even notice all the used AMGs reek of cologne ? Is it because most of their buyers are arabs who bathe in the shit?

Had a '06 c230 kompressor, same story there. I was blowing silly money on that shit just in preventive maintenance.. And when I finally thought it was sorted, the workshop detecting oil in the engine harness from the electric cam gears (or the solenoids controlling them, whatever) which cost 3 kidneys to replace.

Fuck that "Drive the best, walk the rest" mercedes mantra.

The old inline sixes is where it's at.

youtube.com/watch?v=hLBVrM0wJvE

do i have to say mercedes electrics? german built dodges suspention aint that much better about 10k every time it goes wrong. and it goes wrong a lot.

They expect it to be thrown in the bin after 5 years

Protip: Make sure you get a warranty

I bought an '07 S600 not too long ago and the warranty has already paid for itself. Had to replace shit like the idler gear, motor mounts and suspension parts that would have racked up several thousand dollars worth of repairs. It only had 30k miles on it when I bought it.

thanks for the feedback
guess it you are either lucky and it "just works" or you get fucked in the ass sideways by it

except for the electronics, those ALWAYS will keep you bothered, dad used to have an SL600 when I was a kid, couldn't go 2 weeks without some electric related error

The electronics are fine, don't fall for that meme. Whoever is working on your dad's car doesn't know what they're doing clearly.
Have a '95 S500 coupe in the shop right now with 260k miles, runs like a watch, no flaws what's so ever.

>Have a '95 S500

does that count for the models after 2001?

For the most part yeah. The issues they have are easily sorted, like anything it's a constant nightmare if you keep fixing everything but the thing that's causing the problem.

thanks for the input!

>supercharged v8
wow it's nothing!

>autotragic in everything

this is why BMW is better

luxury cars are for faggots who think being comfy is worth anything

ultimate driving machine master race

>only kids can afford amgs
>old men only have enough money for the lesser models

holy shit the salt in this post, nigga wasn't even talking about his car

What?

They're too different to compare the way you are, but obviously you're trying to stir shit.

Do people actually like Mercedes-Benz? I helped my dad buy a w140 because it was his dream car, and it's an absolute piece of shit unless you're driving exactly 80 MPH. Transmission feels like it has 4 gears, interior is outdated, no headlight sensors...what the fuck is luxurious about a car that doesn't even have automatic headlights? A 1997 GS300 has that shit. The only thing it has going for it is it feels like a train at higher speeds.

If I were to spend 60-70K, better make damn sure it's got 12 cylinders

Any opinions on the new C43 coupe? Based on my research it seems to compare favorably to the competition. Not sure if I'm missing something

Mercedes with ecoBoost technology!

dont do it bro

>talking shit about the w140

Guy who was talking shit here. It's just a really good-looking car with a lot of legroom honestly, not much more than that.

Probably in shit condition.
As someone who has owned both a 2nd gen Lexus GS & a W140 S500, there's no comparison.

You can get twin turbo V12 Mercs from the mid 2000s for like 10-20k lol

I guess we have different opinions because my current car is a 2001 GS300, and my dad's W140 is just parked in the street. I wake up every morning and can choose to drive either one, and I always pick the GS.

I had a 400 and it's still no comparison lol.
Maybe if you like your GS you'd like a W210